Sunday HiFi show weekend GTG

joz

Yes, a big thank you to @joz for being a welcoming host, excellent coffee, intimidating sound system, great chicken wings & serious sauce - really nice. 

A very enjoyable afternoon and nice to catch-up again with many of the Melbourne SNA glitterati 

• Like 4

@joz

thanks  for having me today mate, absolute delighted in catching up with the usual suspects and interstate visitors.   

Tell ya what mate you couldn't have picked a better time to have a GTG, timed it just right where everyone is done with the main program and then mellow out with great company!   

I hope that most members recover from the night before and from what I believe someone's potent drop!     I won't mane that individual, I didn't see him do it!  :D

Awesome afternoon!   

• Like 1

[mention=104378]joz[/mention]

thanks  for having me today mate, absolute delighted in catching up with the usual suspects and interstate visitors.   
Tell ya what mate you couldn't have picked a better time to have a GTG, timed it just right where everyone is done with the main program and then mellow out with great company!   
I hope that most members recover from the night before and from what I believe someone's potent drop!     I won't mane that individual, I didn't see him do it!  [emoji3]

Awesome afternoon!   
I'm starting to recover. Just.....
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Martykt said:

Last of the die-hards keeping the neighbors honest.......

555400C4-66AE-45E9-B1F9-8890CB9F4930.thumb.jpeg.d293da0ab928abf380bec953273bc66b.jpeg

Last time I sat in that darkened room with the SGR Illuminators,  was measuring at more than one meter away with a calibrated mic, Audio Control, Third Octave Real Time Spectrum Analyzer at over 125dB, I thought the paint was pealing off the walls. @joz tends to like leaving an indelible impression one won't forget in a hurry :) 

How was it Guys ?

2 hours ago, 125dBmonster said:

Last time I sat in that darkened room with the SGR Illuminators,  was measuring at more than one meter away with a calibrated mic, Audio Control, Third Octave Real Time Spectrum Analyzer at over 125dB, I thought the paint was pealing off the walls. @joz tends to like leaving an indelible impression one won't forget in a hurry :) 

How was it Guys ?

Best room of the day with the highest sound pressure that can't happened in a hifi show.  :P:D   

Joe decided to play some organ music and I was measuring 110 db on an iPhone 5 app......behind the main couch just b4 the kitchen sink!   It may have cured many with a few hangover from some High octane nitrous fuel brewed by some shameless member who will remain nameless. :D

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Like 1

Thanks @joz really really appreciate it mate. Was great to meet and put a face to such a great bunch of blokes.

The system is just killer. Can’t wait to see it when you have some Duntechs as rears. :)

Only just made my flight back to Perth. I cut it a little bit fine but was well worth it.

Im not normally dressed up like that.:cool: Normally bare feet and a t shirt, but gotta get dressed up every now and then.

Once again thanks mate.

Cheers Dave.

• Like 1

Great to have you over@Pops110 , I think you made most of us feel old and shabby when you arrived :P

Pity a few more of the guys couldn't stay longer having planes to catch.

Goes to show what a great community we have here, so many people willing to travel for audio :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joz said:

Seems like the after show GTG kept going today with Anthony Holten over for a few hours. :)

Bugg3r - I wasn't there! :(

Anthony didn't happen by chance to leave behind an amplifier in a box - namely a Holton Five -Zero -Zero Supreme with writing on it to the effect:

"Att: evil, regards Anthony" 

Oh and the Saturday night dinner is on me too @Aussieamps :D

• Like 1

Amazing house, fabulous host, great company and an incredible sound system.  Sounds near perfect and it was!  the only problem was I only had time to drop in relatively briefly and say g'day before heading to the airport.

The truth is that the ambiance was so welcoming it would've been all too easy to settle in and just not make it back to Adelaide that night.  I've always loved Melbourne and gtg's like Joz's  give me yet another reason for that.

There were lots of clever people there and I should've asked if someone could come up with a credible/acceptable excuse for missing my flight.  Next time, if there is one,  I'll be sorely tempted to do just that. ;) 

DSC_3982.thumb.JPG.9f0576a60bfa0d387c462915a42d04d0.JPGDSC_3989.thumb.JPG.4c3f8bb8ee9692f7a0fb6711afcea53f.JPG

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 4

What a fabulous afternoon and the the perfect way to cap of a great weekend! Your system is stunning, Joe and that’s just the coffee system! The audio system is jaw-droppingly good. Cleanest and loudest I’ve heard any domestic system and it sounded brilliant no matter where you were listening!

Really enjoyed meeting the Vic crew along with the visitors from SA and WA. Already looking forward to next year!

B8EC4FD0-13EA-41C8-9BFF-A4737C9966C6.thumb.jpeg.0b77aa8dc4d4828cab1d66789f25db62.jpeg8DF244D6-77B2-4AC8-89D9-BB75C80F2464.thumb.jpeg.66731520517615cd2c7cccc18bb26ba2.jpeg

Edited by Hensa

I really can't add much than what the posts above have said.

Joe's system does 'big' like not many other systems can !!

It was absolutely fantastic to meet and spend the weekend with SNA members from right around Australia.

All of which were just genuinely great people who I'd be more than happy to call friends !! :thumb:

Thank you again @joz for being such a wonderful host !!

Did I mention the system does big, really really big...... :D 

6925121B-EEE3-4A0A-8F9E-9FB68F84E620.thumb.jpeg.08b752905ff0abf761713b859dee3d22.jpeg

Edited by Martykt