iPhone 8 and X

9 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Don't expect there fridges to give you cold beers either....:blush:

ours does ok. 10 year guarantee... the stella is nice out of it :D 

3 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

@Sime,

im very hesitant in paying $1830 for a phone.  That goes into a MacBook Pro price wise Territory or a very nice top of the line over the counter Apple air laptop.

like others have said great if the cash was just lazy lying around doing nothing, but most of us aren't that lucky.   The company issued iPhone 5 will do until 5G gets implemented and that will be in 2020.   Then I'll decide if the iPhone 5 will last that long.

yep for me phone is tool of trade, mobile office in some ways... but $1830 is too rich for boots here. can put that else where for now :)

5G is also back of my mind ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

@:) al

dont get me wrong, it's a very nice fridge, ticks every box, hopefully the parts replaced resolves the problem.   Pointless making a fridge and the room is colder than the fridge compartment.....  anyway fingers cross...

wot dont tell me the LG broke ? already ? 

@Addicted to music I agree, but luckily I do have some money doing nothing, it’s a result of my lifestyle. 

And the other factor that played through my mind on the way to the Apple Store was thinking of this particular video from one the better unboxing channel on YouTube, simply, the iPhone 8 is just not interesting enough to even care. 

Edited by Sime

Would’ve really liked embedded sim in the X, a cool feature I do use on my iPad Pro.

I’m packing an iPhone 6 and wanting to do the whole gift to my father who gifts his 5 to my Mum who throws out her 4 thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, warweary said:

Nearly two grand for a phone, no thanks. One thousand is too much, these things get dropped and wet and lost and bang might as well put a few grand into a poker machine.

Yeah. Paying 2K for a phone and playing the pokies. Both are very very low on my Bucket List. About number Googol.

Have to admit, it’s a pretty nice phone, glad I got it. If anything, the truetone display, and the coloring is much better. Mite try some augmented reality stuff later. 

Like a lot of complaints online have said, ios11 is a bit of a dog, needs a lot of work. 

Edited by Sime

15 hours ago, Sime said:

I caved, bought an 8+ :unsure:

Couldn't stand the wait for the X huh ?? :D 

1 hour ago, Sime said:

Have to admit, it’s a pretty nice phone, glad I got it. If anything, the truetone display, and the coloring is much better. Mite try some augmented reality stuff later. 

Like a lot of complaints online have said, ios11 is a bit of a dog, needs a lot of work. 

Like most IOS bugs I imagine it won't take Apple too long to sort it out and put out 11.1.

It's one of the things I like about iPhone is the software is pretty solid and usually it doesn't take long for bugs too get sorted.

Even though we're still waiting for the SNA app I appreciate that apps have to be pretty sorted before they're allowed to be released, it all goes toward a solid usable phone !!

I once got an Android phone and found it absolutely awful to use....

The user interface was all over the place and I really can't figure out why it needed two web browsers and two email apps especially when all of them were rubbish !!

The funniest thing I found was that the Google Maps App was much better and polished on IOS, than on Android go figure !!! :lol:

Haven't decided whether I'll upgrade my 6 plus yet as really I don't have too, I reckon I could easily get another year or two out of it !!

It will be the X though if I do.

@Martykt lol, don’t get me wrong, I’ll still get the 10, but it’ll be awhile before they are readily available, so it’ll be an early next year purchase. My missus will get the the 8+ and I’ll sell the seven. I mainly got the 8 to replace my 7 decause the missus wanted it. 

As for ios11.1, I don’t know what they fixed but the general edgy UI issues are still there. All the graphic transitions are dropping frame rates everywhere, especially on the new iPad Pro. Lots of complaints about it. Basically some people think that apples hardware is far exceeding its software capabilities, and they need to redo iOS from the ground up. 

Some of the AR apps I downloaded would even run, so……………………

• 1 month later...

well i happened to be in chaddy this morning, and completely forgot it was iPhone X day wasnt it ?

wow was surprised to see people lined up, this well past store opening as well, people queuing  right around waiting...

24276500018_89812b2f9a_b.jpg

38128797341_95017971fb_b.jpg

I dont remember this with previous iPhones. last two iPhones I've actually just walked into store and grabbed one no queue.... on launch day

I've actually not given the iPhone X a 2nd thought really.... but perhaps its actually a lot more popular for apple than I've thought ? 

ps by the way a little lonely over the samsung stand :D  just the 3 samsung guys wiht them selves to talk too hehe

37419477904_cec7d436e9_b.jpg

well I guess every dog has its day :)

anyways lets see, its quite a bit of money the iPhone X. also quite strange how there is a 64 or 256 GB model...nothing in between ? you'd think in this age things would start at 128gb ?  perhaps in time ....

What are the chances that those Sammie guys are playing with an iPhone X?  :ohmy:

That chaddie store is always busy, you can just walk in it even without any releases.  I remember seeing a similar queue in that store  a few days after release and as someone walked out with the newly released phone the Apple staff would cheer!   

Anyone with an X able to get Swype to work? Have it installed from my restored back up but unable to activate it...to clarify, when I go to settings for Swype I can activate the keyboard which then shows the allow full access button to appear which is also activated by default but after I leave settings, the keyboard does not show up when I press the globe button when texting and when I go back into settings, Swype appears as inactive again... The same applies to Swift key...Ideas?

Update: upgraded to 11.1 and now all good

Edited by rotur
  • Like 1

For the first time ever, I'm pissed off with Apple. I was at Doncaster store today just looking at the new cover options for the X 256gb I have on order (expected late Nov-early Dec). I ordered within a few minutes of the pre order going live 27th Oct (after the website recovered) and picking up from the store was not an option at the time.

As I was walking out I saw a customer taking delivery of a 256gb in space grey. WTF! Mines still 3-4 weeks away! So I ask what gives and told they did not think there would be stock available initially but they are getting random deliveries to the store. :angry:

Why aren't back orders filled as a priority instead of keeping loyal customers waiting when somebody can fluke walking in off the street and picking 1 up!

I'm only purchasing as my Mum's iPhone 4 is getting terribly slow so we are doing the whole trickle down thing where she gets my Dad's 5 and he gets my 6 etc etc. Then my 6yo daughter gets the 4 for Christmas minus a sim instead of getting an iPod Nano, which are no longer available.