Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Can any other member on this forum that has the Oppo 103D or even a 103 and also the Oppo UDP 203 try this and report your findings.

So mate join the club with me its the 105 & 203 combo that do this, Kazz's idea that its something to do with them being powered off may be on the money but why, not sure, but now the 203 is behaving like it should have I'm going to move the 105 on soon so another way to cure the issue! My toys all get turned off/on via a master slave device driven by the Marantz pre.

• Volunteer

Blackman which Oppo did you change the codes on? In my case it is the103/83 that I changed the codes on. I don’t know if that makes a difference but if you’ve changed the 203 maybe put it back to code 1 and change the 103 and see if that makes a difference. I could be grasping at straws but it may be worth a try. 

Edited by Kazz

6 hours ago, al said:

i am not sure i can say i totally understand what is going on with your system. but as i mentioned there is some quirk wiht the oppo ... after an update the harmony wont work with it. has to be booted with its own remote... and then after a cycle it will then go in and out of stand by with the harmony. not something i am absolutely sure off to pin down but i have notices something odd .. following the last two updates. and because its only at update time. its not something been able to check for repeatability to confirm.

Thought it was a cec issue auto switching things off Al but not after the update process you outlined :aww: There are so many proprietary cec types ; viera link Samsung any net etc its not worth switching on ..

but now the 203 is behaving like it should have I'm going to move the 105 on soon so another way to cure the issue!

Ageless has the right idea ; sell the 103 Blackman ; its only duplicating what  the 203 does ..

13 hours ago, Kazz said:

Blackman which Oppo did you change the codes on? In my case it is the103/83 that I changed the codes on. I don’t know if that makes a difference but if you’ve changed the 203 maybe put it back to code 1 and change the 103 and see if that makes a difference. I could be grasping at straws but it may be worth a try. 

Tried putting the 103D on code 2 and the 203 on code 1 and nothing change. The OPPo Stall work where noting is wrong members on the AVS told me Oppo is right for doing this. Full of S$#@%

13 hours ago, cwt said:

Thought it was a cec issue auto switching things off Al but not after the update process you outlined :aww: There are so many proprietary cec types ; viera link Samsung any net etc its not worth switching on ..

Ageless has the right idea ; sell the 103 Blackman ; its only duplicating what  the 203 does ..

Tried that Too I tried everything but noting works. I have a $35 Indonesian Sat Box that Hacks everthing and I have 4 off them and I do this to 3 of them to have different Codes. Also expensive VU satellite Boxes depending which Image you run they have two Standby method The quick start and the Normal start. On the Normal start the Code 1 defaults evertime you start it and them it swings to 2 or 3 or up to I think 6. On the Quick start It goes to the Selected Code but yes Oppo does not do this basic function.

Edited by Blackman

I was reading somewhere and I cannot find it now the Playback data for the Oppo 203. Now I know about the Info Button on the Right hand Side + the Page Button up and Down but I remembers seeing something different to the Page up and Down where the Info is where the Letterbox Bar are. I remember seeing a Box like full of Info. (Possible could have been anther Player)

If there more ways of getting the Info on the Oppo 203.

• Volunteer
7 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

I was reading somewhere and I cannot find it now the Playback data for the Oppo 203. Now I know about the Info Button on the Right hand Side + the Page Button up and Down but I remembers seeing something different to the Page up and Down where the Info is where the Letterbox Bar are. I remember seeing a Box like full of Info. (Possible could have been anther Player)

If there more ways of getting the Info on the Oppo 203.

Long press the info button brings up more info.

The USB port on any bluray player is meant for connection to a thumb drive or external hard drive . To rip ,u need a Bluray drive . No two ways about it

Silly question:

I wanna rip a bluray disc on my PC but i do not have a external BR drive

Can I connect the 203 via usb to my PC to read the disc?

Sorry cant test myself cos no USB cable.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any news on 205 coming to town?

It so strange that there are no news on delivery date.

Saw it in recent KL AV show. Also wondering is anyone selling it in Singapore yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...