Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I have also placed an order for this player. Now waiting for its arrival in Dec. My only gripe is that I am unable to get my hands on an affordable laser 4K projector this year. Probably also the next year as well Sigh.

1 minute ago, Sime said:

I've just gotta decide if this machine is a better Blu-Ray player than the 752 before I move the 752 on or not. 

I would suggest probably find absolutely no difference in blu-ray

Decided to not go the 4K route just yet. I cant find a tv I like, probably will wait till next years new tv's before I get the Oppo. 

Edited by Sime

theres really no need to go for something like it unless chasing uhd blu-ray or atmos/3D audio formats that seem to be coming to the uhd blu-ray version exclusively these days.

no harm in waiting with this stuff if can, only gets cheaper and with more options as time goes along.

@:) al I edited my post above from can find to can't find a tv. 

My issue with TVs is a size restriction one. I'm limited to 50" max, I'd like the Sony Z9 series but they start at 55"

OLED would be preferred, but I'm guessing the smaller sized ones are still awhile away. 

Edited by Sime

@SteveC as easy as that sounds, finding any van that can accommodate what I have is a hard task, regardless of size. It's all about floor plans, and I'm lucky that my van can house the system that's in it, I havnt come across any others yet that can properly array a 5.1 setup and the space shelve the gear I have. 

The floor plan in my van is a rare luxury. 

Edited by Sime

Guys, which HDMI 2.0a cable do you intend to pair with the Oppo 203? anyone tested any brand? I have done comparisons between Aiborg HDMI 1.4 2K4K cable vs the Redmere monoprice HDMI 2.0 (18gbps). Although the Aiborg G3000 is V1.4, i could see a difference in Picture quality of the blacks and colour. No changes on TV settings. The Aiborg was far superior despite being V1.4. Aiborg 3000 was mentioned as 21gbps high speed but supports only up to 2160p 30hz.

I wouldnt hesitate to get one if Aiborg had a HDMI 2.0a version cable available.