Australian Open - Hd In 2009 (not 2008)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news whether this is going to be in HD tomorrow? Do we just come it with the assumption it will remain SD forever? Please Seven surprise us.

Acording to "yourtv" its not in HD and they are normally on the ball. I really hope 7 loses the footy in the next rights deal as they have no idea.

It's HD, thanks Seven you finally got the tip. This is going by Studio shots and overlay graphics, they're all HD. Just gone to Centre Court, seems to be HD also. Not sure how many courts they've got set-up but it's looking good.

Great to hear it's HD in Majors..

I'm watching Prime and I'm sadly disappointed, especially as they carry a HD channel and the original feed is HD, no excuses.

I'm in Coogee (Sydney Region) and due to the valley we pickup all 'Gong' channels.

Writing an email to them now, I encourage everyone affected to show they're disappointment.

let's see what they come back with..

Prime - Producer, Programming, Customer Feedback, Technical departments.

I’m hugely disappointed that potentially the most highly viewed (network exclusive) sporting event of the year is not broadcast in HD. I understand that after many years the Seven network in major centre’s is finally broadcasting a HD signal in 2010 for the Australian Open.

While I can voice my dissatisfaction, I believe there are no valid explanations as to why you are broadcasting SD on a High Definition channel. Up until now, we could have blamed ‘Global’ or the network carrier (seven sport in this case) but these barriers have been eliminated. I can’t imagine it would be cost either, don’t you have an exclusive relationship with seven to broadcast all their content regardless or aspect ratio or definition? - After all you have created a HD channel for this purpose.

A frustrated viewer I am. I live in Coogee and am forced to use your services, due to the geographical limitations, I certainly don’t do it out of choice. Why should regional centre’s be treated any different in this age in the digital age? Especially as your parent network, costs, and technical limitations have all been removed! – all your doing is re-broadcasting, and tailoring your advertising revenue to a different market! Crazy.. To add to the irony, you have a secondary channel to take away what SD content already bogs down your HD channel. Why not use what’s already HD from your carrier, to make up your HD broadcasting requirements than having to find other content?

I’m sure this is yet another complaint from a small demographic, but surely your technical guys, and those who care for programming and content continuity are frustrated by this also.. With the uptake of HD nationally and a an increasing push by advertisers to use it, why wouldn’t you put a HD signal to air when there is no effort on your part required?

That all said, I am interested as to why Prime haven’t broadcast in HD, is there actually a valid business case, or is it a pure oversight?

Good luck, Mrfresh. Sad state of affairs in some parts & we're in 2010....years after HDTV kicked off.

I was surprised to see the tennis in HD & surround sound. Best it's looked on Seven, though I know it could be better, especially for the wider stadium shots if we had more bandwidth available.

Edited by Ralfi