Benq pe 8720 Price Drop!

Hello Members

Been rather quite lately for all the good reasons.

As you are all aware the 8720 has had a few price drops. But wait for it there is going to be another one! I am unable to say how much. But its like buying a new car :D

Despite what prices people have paid before, the 8720 is really a great projector. All good things come to those who wait :blink:

Thanks

Ben

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Members

Been rather quite lately for all the good reasons.

As you are all aware the 8720 has had a few price drops. But wait for it there is going to be another one! I am unable to say how much. But its like buying a new car :D

Despite what prices people have paid before, the 8720 is really a great projector. All good things come to those who wait :blink:

Thanks

Ben

Comeon Ben give us a hint..! I have owned a PE8700 since day one and it still impresses me as a projector, I haven't seen a PE8720 working yet but all the reviews point to a spectacular product for the price. If we could see these around the $5k mark they'd be the biggest steal going. I also have an NEC 50" plasma but when it comes to picture reality these BENQ's are perfect for the Home Theatre.

where from artman - come on spill the beans...

I'm pleased to say that after being a cat's whisker from buying a Sanyo Z4 a week ago, I've just put my order in for the Benq PE8720 today. The new RRP as of yesterday is $5999.

I was also very naughty and also picked up an Elektra Theatre 7 channel amp while I was at it :ph34r: , a big thanks to Samhain from Big Picture People Bundoora for all his great advice and also putting together a great package for me... I am now a very happy boy. :blink:

well done foggy look fwd with great anticipation to a detailed review and pics hehehehe... Did Samhain chuck in free freight for you to Sydney?? Any change to speakers?

Thanks Zorg.

I don't want to start a Best Price scenario here, but all I will say is that the pricing was extremely competitive, better than I've seen anywhere (including this thread). It's a good time to be buying as everyone is trying to make monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.... so pricing on most equipment is very flexible.

The most valuable thing though was his advice on screen choices, mounts, video processing and video sources... he sure knows his stuff! I had no intention of buying the Elektra, but the total deal that Samhain (Eric) put together was too good to pass up. :D

I'm very happy with my Focal speakers (for now!) and I was actually surprised when Eric told me that they sold the Elektras, which I'd been secretly coveting for some time now. It will be most interesting to do an A/B comparison with my 2 channel Musical Fidelity A5... the winner gets to stay in my HT!

It feels like Christmas... people here at work are wondering why I can't stop smiling... I think they think I'm looking at p0rn, little do they know!! :blink:

Watch out for a big review in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks Zorg.

I don't want to start a Best Price scenario here, but all I will say is that the pricing was extremely competitive, better than I've seen anywhere (including this thread). It's a good time to be buying as everyone is trying to make monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.... so pricing on most equipment is very flexible.

The most valuable thing though was his advice on screen choices, mounts, video processing and video sources... he sure knows his stuff! I had no intention of buying the Elektra, but the total deal that Samhain (Eric) put together was too good to pass up. :P

I'm very happy with my Focal speakers (for now!) and I was actually surprised when Eric told me that they sold the Elektras, which I'd been secretly coveting for some time now. It will be most interesting to do an A/B comparison with my 2 channel Musical Fidelity A5... the winner gets to stay in my HT!

It feels like Christmas... people here at work are wondering why I can't stop smiling... I think they think I'm looking at p0rn, little do they know!! :D

Yep thats, why I buy from him also (aside from him being a mate), his contribution to my HT has been invaluable to the point where I have a plug for him on the front page of my website. :blink:

Congrats on the BenQ & the Elektra mate! :P

Thanks Zorg.

The most valuable thing though was his advice on screen choices, mounts, video processing and video sources... he sure knows his stuff! I had no intention of buying the Elektra, but the total deal that Samhain (Eric) put together was too good to pass up. :P

It feels like Christmas... people here at work are wondering why I can't stop smiling... I think they think I'm looking at p0rn, little do they know!! :blink:

Great stuff Foggy -nice projector :P

and welcome to club Elektra :D

I'm pleased to say that after being a cat's whisker from buying a Sanyo Z4 a week ago, I've just put my order in for the Benq PE8720 today. The new RRP as of yesterday is $5999.

I was also very naughty and also picked up an Elektra Theatre 7 channel amp while I was at it :ph34r: , a big thanks to Samhain from Big Picture People Bundoora for all his great advice and also putting together a great package for me... I am now a very happy boy. :blink:

Excellent work Foggy. Good to see your patience paid off. I've always found it's better to wait and/or pay that little bit more to get what you really want. Other wise you'll never be really happy and will have the upgrade bug before you even turn your new toy on!

Now for the big question, are you getting a 2.35:1 screen and CH setup?

Excellent work Foggy. Good to see your patience paid off. I've always found it's better to wait and/or pay that little bit more to get what you really want. Other wise you'll never be really happy and will have the upgrade bug before you even turn your new toy on!

Now for the big question, are you getting a 2.35:1 screen and CH setup?

Thanks Preach, and it's good to see you maintaining your sanity with this lifeline to the industrialised world. :blink:

As far as 2.35:1 CH goes, I'm having the best of both worlds by going for a motorised 16:9 LP Morgan Rondo screen which has multiple stop points. I also have the option of sliding some masking on curtain rails across the top of the screen.

My choice of the 8720 had a lot to do with 2.35:1 CH. It has a long throw which helps to reduce any Chromatic Aberration and also reduces the need for a larger lens aperture as the beam isn't as wide. All the motorised adjustments will also make it easier to "fiddle" with geometry when changing from one screen size/ratio to another.

Thanks Preach, and it's good to see you maintaining your sanity with this lifeline to the industrialised world. :D

Believe me I need it. Everybody's been complaing they can't call us for the last 2 days. When they call it just sounds like it's engaged. I havn't been able to call home from work for the same reason. And yet we could call out. Anyway, it turns out that they changed our phone number without telling us. I mean like wtf?

Sunday - fridge died (always handy in the tropics)

Monday - Phone died. (well, some idgit changed the number anyway.)

Tuesday - washing machine died

Wednesday - iron died.

I wonder what Thursday will bring?

:blink:

Anyway, if you don't laugh you'll go mad!

I'm pleased to say that after being a cat's whisker from buying a Sanyo Z4 a week ago, I've just put my order in for the Benq PE8720 today.......................

Sounds great Foggy..........quickly checking plans..............

Not up your way 'till October, must be my turn to buy the Thai :blink: !!!!

Austen.

(You should have it just about all set up by then !!)

Sounds great Foggy..........quickly checking plans..............

Not up your way 'till October, must be my turn to buy the Thai :P !!!!

Austen.

(You should have it just about all set up by then !!)

:blink:

Now let me check my schedule for the next time I'm in Adelaide...

ah, there it is: December 16, .... 2034 (when they get their Grand Prix back from Sydney who had stolen it from Melbourne 12 years earlier) :D

got your new toy yet Foggy?

Not yet zorg. I've been away for a few days, and now that I'm back I'll be calling Samhain tomorrow for an ETA, though I'm afraid that the wait for the Elektra amp may slow the whole thing down.

Guest ktm450

Hi all,

new to this forum,was wondering if anyone has the latest on the price of the 8720.

Also, how old is this model.

Thanks J.D

Not yet zorg. I've been away for a few days, and now that I'm back I'll be calling Samhain tomorrow for an ETA, though I'm afraid that the wait for the Elektra amp may slow the whole thing down.

Good things come to those who wait is the appropriate expression here (meaning the E7 is good and worth the longer wait Foggy :blink: )

Well I finally checked into it today, we (Harvey Norman) can definately get the 8720's they are not exclusive to certain stores, we can definately get them.

And how much can we (us forum members) pick one up for from HN

Good things come to those who wait is the appropriate expression here (meaning the E7 is good and worth the longer wait Foggy :P )

DOH! :D

As suspected, there's a bit of wait on the Elektra... will all you guys stop buying them, Arthur is having trouble keeping up!! :P I should have everything, including the 8720 at my place at the beginning of next week. :blink: