Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Paid today $3400-00 with extended warranty to 5 years and 18 months interest free at H.N. Fountain Gate. Done my home work before hand and am happy with that price for the 42PX600A. Quoted elsewhere up to $3,750-oo for same deal.

damn nice price $100 cheaper than mine lol good work, and my 42px600a is also made in japan, does anyone have a 42px600a that was made in china? or is it just the stand that is made in china? we may never know...

Hi Dave

Any chance of getting a copy of your receipt, I am having trouble getting any where near that price down here in Geelong, I am hoping that DE in Geelong will price match the Knox store.

Thank you

Hey Twilight, send me a PM with a fax number and I will see what I can do.

Finally got my 50" delivered today after the purchase was made from Myer Canberra City on Tuesday ($4300 inc 5 year w'ty).

Turns out there were a few "employee changes" in the electrical dept of that store since Tuesday. Long story short, after being promised one this week, I wound up having to ring around the other Myer stores in Canberra myself until I found the last remaining one, then fax them my receipt, and get them to deliver it. Otherwise I would have to wait until the next shipment and possibly get a Chinese one (if the rumours are true).

So - all good things to those who wait, I suppose. I finally got my plasma this arvo. Jeezum crow it's heavy. We are so glad we didn't compromise on the 50" size and the quality of the Panasonic. Sure it's big, but it finishes off our large lounge area beautifully. Much better than the old 68cm! It's made in Japan too.

My advice: Go for the 50! Don't waste too much time and energy haggling. Get a receipt like Hobbsie's and call a few stores until you find one willing to talk turkey. And if you buy from a chain like Myer, take the bull by the horns and ring around and find a store that has one in stock, unless you're prepared to wait.

Just picked up the pana TH-42PX600A from Dick Smith power house nunawading for $2999.... Delivered yesturday... was the cheapest price i could find.... They would even do 3099 for interest free!

This is price w/o warranty but offered to throw in warranty for $250... Also said if i saw a better price within 4 weeks they would refund the difference!

This was a steal in my opinion, if any1 was wanting this panel, suggest this is a great deal!

I just wonder by using these forums if a group of people from one city or state could get together on a collective purchase.

It makes me wonder if there was 10 people all after the same Television what type of deal they could come up with?

Its just food for thought

Cheers :blink:

Just picked up the pana TH-42PX600A from Dick Smith power house nunawading for $2999.... Delivered yesturday... was the cheapest price i could find.... They would even do 3099 for interest free!

This is price w/o warranty but offered to throw in warranty for $250... Also said if i saw a better price within 4 weeks they would refund the difference!

This was a steal in my opinion, if any1 was wanting this panel, suggest this is a great deal!

okay guys

harvey norman here in adelaide have matched myer rundle mall store price of $4450 with 5 year warranty and 12 months interest free for the pana 50 inch

i want this tv to be a christmas present for my family

so the big question is:

should i buy it now and store it somewhere or ask harvey norman to store it for me

or should i wait a few weeks before christmas and hope there is something cheaper and/or better at that time???

is there is something coming out that i should wait for or is the price going to drop??? if not i'll go in to harvey norman right now and get it :blink:

okay guys

harvey norman here in adelaide have matched myer rundle mall store price of $4450 with 5 year warranty and 12 months interest free for the pana 50 inch

so the big question is:

should i buy it now and store it somewhere or ask harvey norman to store it for me

or should i wait a few weeks before christmas and hope there is something cheaper and/or better at that time???

is there is something coming out that i should wait for or is the price going to drop??? if not i'll go in to harvey norman right now and get it :blink:

I'm not responsible if I'm wrong and steer you in the wrong direction, but I don't think things will go up in the immediate future. If you wait another month, you may not get it any cheaper but I can't imagine it costing any more. It will be a slightly older (but still current of course) model, the initial grab for the new model will be over, and despite it being Xmas, it's still a buyer's market. There's just too many places selling Panasonic for them to stitch the savvy buyer up.

I'd wait a month and try and get it $100-200 cheaper then.

okay guys

so the big question is:

The post-Christmas sales are less than 2 months away (from 26/12/06), if you are looking at buying around Christmas.

Guest True Live

That's an awesome price.

Does that include delivery?

I'm hoping to get it from The Good Guys for $3200 with warranty and delivery, but i need to pay cash to get that sort of deal, and with eftpos limits, it's a bit of a pain.

If i could get the unit, warranty and delivery for $3250 and use my credit card (until i get home and transfer the funds across), i'd take it in a second.

BTW What are the delivery policy/costs for such stores? I don't really live close to any of these stores, so it'd be a 30-40 minute trip to deliver. Would they still deliver to me and what would they charge?

Edited by True Live

That's an awesome price.

Does that include delivery?

I'm hoping to get it from The Good Guys for $3200 with warranty and delivery, but i need to pay cash to get that sort of deal, and with eftpos limits, it's a bit of a pain.

If i could get the unit, warranty and delivery for $3250 and use my credit card (until i get home and transfer the funds across), i'd take it in a second.

BTW What are the delivery policy/costs for such stores? I don't really live close to any of these stores, so it'd be a 30-40 minute trip to deliver. Would they still deliver to me and what would they charge?

delivery cost me an extra 20 dollars, and they chucked in a free optical sound cable worth about 20 so it all evens out i guess.... they delivered the very next day, i purchased at about 3pm the day before and had it at about 10am yesturday....

i only live about 10mins away from that store so i couldnt tell you if they would deliver further away. They seemed very keen to make the sale though so you never know untill you ask.

Guest True Live
delivery cost me an extra 20 dollars, and they chucked in a free optical sound cable worth about 20 so it all evens out i guess.... they delivered the very next day, i purchased at about 3pm the day before and had it at about 10am yesturday....

i only live about 10mins away from that store so i couldnt tell you if they would deliver further away. They seemed very keen to make the sale though so you never know untill you ask.

Thanks mickarose.

That's a very reasonable delivery cost and timeframe.

I'll try the nearest to me and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Only risk in buying around Christmas period is you may have difficult sourcing one since its shopping period. If you must have it for Christmas pressie, I suggest you order it in the next few weeks and have it delivered around Christmas.

Hi Guy's

Could someone tell me or explain the warrenty's offered,I have been told that some are not worth very much If something goes wrong they only pay a percentage yet other warrenties cover a lot more

Just say I purchased a Pana PX600a 50" how much would I expect to pay for a decent warrenty

Thanks

Thanks to Dave and all others who are helping us get good prices

I finally bought a Pana 42 PX600a from DSE geelong for $3300 with 5 year extended warranty, I could have paid $3200 with a three year warranty, I may have done a touch better except the store rang around and found that they are getting scarce in Geelong unless you want to pay $3500 to $3600 from HN or Retravision.

I am pretty happy with the price as Stock for these are drying up in geelong and new deliveries are not expected until the end of the month.

Thanks again

For those in the Brisbane area- I purchased a TH-42PX600A yesterday from JB HIFI at Carindale for $2740 + $400 for a 5 year warranty = $3140 total. They would not include delivery at that price but I was able to fit it in the 4x4 without any trouble. I am very pleased with the picture quality now I have it set up.

Many thanks to those who have posted their purchase deals. I took the printouts with me and that is what sealed the deal.

okay guys

so the big question is:

Which HN did you go to mate ?

I went in to the one in Marion armed with the receipt and they couldn't do it even for cash

However did get a dumb sales guy who advised me that the HArmony remote wouldn't work on this unit - Harmony works on everything

Hi,

I've been to Myer today (Brisbane City) and the best price on the pana 50" I could get was $4600 with a 3 years warranty. From what I read here I should be doing a bit better. I tried to get a copy of the $4300 receipt from --> http://www.eform.com.au/images/receipt.jpg but it looks like it's gone.

Does anyone have a copy that they could send me?

Thanks

S

Edited by essdee

Guest True Live

I bought the 42" 600A today.

Paid $3200, including extended warranty and delivery (which was a bit, given the distance).

Probably could have gotten it a tad cheaper if i searched all around town, but happy with that price.

Getting it delivered Wednesday.

Now to find a decent tv unit (which i am finding harder to find than a tv).

Edited by True Live

Which HN did you go to mate ?

I went in to the one in Marion armed with the receipt and they couldn't do it even for cash

However did get a dumb sales guy who advised me that the HArmony remote wouldn't work on this unit - Harmony works on everything

talk to anthony from myers and he'll do it

otherwise ring harvey norman city store and they'll do it

but you have to push it

talk to anthony from myers and he'll do it

otherwise ring harvey norman city store and they'll do it

but you have to push it

Thanks mate

I will head in there later this week with the receipt and the cash - I like Myers better any way will use my Myer one card - may as well

Hi,

I've been to Myer today (Brisbane City) and the best price on the pana 50" I could get was $4600 with a 3 years warranty. From what I read here I should be doing a bit better. I tried to get a copy of the $4300 receipt from --> http://www.eform.com.au/images/receipt.jpg but it looks like it's gone.

Thanks

S

essdee - your PM inbox is apparently full, so I cannot send you a copy of the receipt you are looking for. If you still don't have it, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

I used it and had no problems with Myer matching this price.

Hi,

Thanks

S

Here's the one I posted. $4300 50" 600a with 5 year warranty from Myer in South Australia, plus some other gear. The price wasn't dependant on the other stuff.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=43326

Here's the one I posted. $4300 50" 600a with 5 year warranty from Myer in South Australia, plus some other gear. The price wasn't dependant on the other stuff.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=43326

Cheers for that - I see your order says it is on back order - what is the time frame til you get to sample the goods - Can you remember the sales guy I can go and see about this deal - I am sure they will love giving that price again

Cheers