Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

essdee - your PM inbox is apparently full, so I cannot send you a copy of the receipt you are looking for. If you still don't have it, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

I used it and had no problems with Myer matching this price.

Thank you Pat for your help. I used the receipt and managed to get the 50" with 5yr warranty at myre in Brisbane City today for $4300

S

i paid $4600 on 18 months interest free for the 50 inch pana with 5 years warranty and a $200 gift voucher

this was from hn in city x in adelaide today

i had to pay a $1,000 deposit to secure the tv because stupid ge money havent organised my finance from a previous laptop purchase so i couldnt do interest free until that was done and by the time that was done i could potentially have missed out on the pana.. which i wasnt going to risk

they were going to do the interest free on the $4600 but essentially i'll have the interest free on the $3600

i'll email my receipt to anyone interested :blink:

oh and for anyone here in adelaide interested

they have the 65 inch panasonic hooked up to a panasonic blu-ray player... and omg it is absolutely amazing! it looks awesome.. blew me away!

Thank you Pat for your help. I used the receipt and managed to get the 50" with 5yr warranty at myre in Brisbane City today for $4300

S

Thanks,

I'm getting it Friday Week (at my request). This suits me as I have to "re-organise" the tv room and change the location of my foxtel outlet.

I'm getting it wall mounted as well which I think looks better, it's also a bit safer with ankle biters running around.

Thanks to the guys willing to share your receipts and other info.

I am now one of those waiting for the next shipment of 50" px600a's to arrive in adelaide...

Went with the deal for the tv, 5year, dmrex75 dvr, scht40 surround sound, stuck a 5year warranty on the dvr also and total came out to under five-five.

Will go for the 500 cashback from pana and that rugby thing if i can get it...

Now my question is where to get HDMI cables from?? Need one for now and possibly a second one for another unit later....

Cheers,

eFJay

You could have gotten the deal for closer to $3k if you'd tried a few more stores.

I paid $3200 with extended warranty and delivery. Coming tomorrow.

BTW Yesterday i was in The Good Guys at DFO and a bloke called Jayson there offered to better my deal by $100 if i cancelled my existing deal.

$3100 for that deal is pretty special, but it wasn't worth the hassle for me to cancel my other deal.

Yes, I think so too. The price came down very quickly with 3 phone calls, over 5 minutes.

As it was, Ive been looking for a while and was getting a little tired of the haggle.

Essentially, I've paid $2871 for the 42px600a with a $429 5 year warranty. Still quite reasonable.

i paid $4600 on 18 months interest free for the 50 inch pana with 5 years warranty and a $200 gift voucher

this was from hn in city x in adelaide today

i had to pay a $1,000 deposit to secure the tv because stupid ge money havent organised my finance from a previous laptop purchase so i couldnt do interest free until that was done and by the time that was done i could potentially have missed out on the pana.. which i wasnt going to risk

they were going to do the interest free on the $4600 but essentially i'll have the interest free on the $3600

i'll email my receipt to anyone interested :blink:

oh and for anyone here in adelaide interested

they have the 65 inch panasonic hooked up to a panasonic blu-ray player... and omg it is absolutely amazing! it looks awesome.. blew me away!

If you could email me the receipt that would be awesome -michael78atadamdotcomdotau

It is the 50pv60a - Same internal video processing, but no card reader and most importantly - no internal digital tuner (HD or SD) - More silver look, but this is very personal. You can obviously use it with an external STB (or PVR), but this cost needs to be factored in and you will be using 2 remotes (usually not a great wife/girlfriend friendly move).

Find out what the extended warranty costs. People are getting the PX for mid 4 thousands WITH warranty - you might be better with this.

Could I just make a comment that for those of you considering an in-built digital tuner as opposed to external STB:

I have have the matching Panasonic STB with my Panasonic Plasma and this means that only one remote is required. So an external STB doesn't have to be inconvenient - just buy the same brand STB.

202727153.jpg

202727148.jpg

Guys send me your email adress if you want a larger copy

Myer 12 months ineterest free and free delovery

42PX600A -2790

SCHT60 - 499

DMR-EH65-599

HDMI cable $37

3yr Warranty -$275

Az

Hi Barnsee, I am new to the forum. How can I get hold of your email address to give you mine without posting it here.

thanks.

Guest True Live

My unit just arrived, and the idiots forgot my stand.

So now it's either wait a few days for one, or take the one on display at the store.

Grrr.

My unit just arrived, and the idiots forgot my stand.

So now it's either wait a few days for one, or take the one on display at the store.

Grrr.

Can you take the display one now to use in the meantime - then when the new one arrives, swap it over? Thats what I'd be pushing for.

I was lucky - they had two TG-50PX600A's at GG's last Saturday - one on display and the other out the back. I was able to get my name put on the one out the back so it didn't disappear while my stand was ordered in. All get's delivered this Friday.

Not the best price compared to what others have posted - but none of the locals here haggle much with 'inter-city' quotes (I'm in Newcastle).

Edited by serialmonkey

Guest True Live
Can you take the display one now to use in the meantime - then when the new one arrives, swap it over? Thats what I'd be pushing for.

I just took the display one.

It's in great shape, and i didn't want the hassle of having to switch stands etc.

Hello all,

Here's my findings after having my new 50" PX600A ($4300 inc 5 year w'ty) for almost one week:

* To be honest, I bought this model on the strength of the reviews in this forum. Each time I saw it in a store, the PQ didn't look that great. When you set it up at home, in an environment where you're not splitting your TV reception with 20 other TV's like they do in the store, you will be blown away. I was astounded by the quality of the digital TV receiver considering my analogue reception is at best, ordinary.

*The TV comes with a 'swivel' stand which does not swivel (the TV is too big to swivel any way). I have two kids aged 4 and 2, so I was concerned about them pulling it over. The stand is 12kg and extremely sold but it also comes with some mounting straps which enable you to bolt one end of the straps to the base of the stand and the other end can be screwed to the underside or back of your TV cabinet. None of this is visible from the front. All screws and straps etc.. are included in the box that the stand comes in. It works well.

*I had a 68cm CRT before, and since upgrading, I have not for one second thought that the 50" is too big for my loungeroom. I sit 3.5metres from the TV, frequently use it as a PC monitor, and it is a perfect size. I'm so glad I never compromised by going for the 42" option.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. Hope this helps.

Hello all,

Here's my findings after having my new 50" PX600A ($4300 inc 5 year w'ty) for almost one week:

* To be honest, I bought this model on the strength of the reviews in this forum. Each time I saw it in a store, the PQ didn't look that great. When you set it up at home, in an environment where you're not splitting your TV reception with 20 other TV's like they do in the store, you will be blown away. I was astounded by the quality of the digital TV receiver considering my analogue reception is at best, ordinary.

*The TV comes with a 'swivel' stand which does not swivel (the TV is too big to swivel any way). I have two kids aged 4 and 2, so I was concerned about them pulling it over. The stand is 12kg and extremely sold but it also comes with some mounting straps which enable you to bolt one end of the straps to the base of the stand and the other end can be screwed to the underside or back of your TV cabinet. None of this is visible from the front. All screws and straps etc.. are included in the box that the stand comes in. It works well.

*I had a 68cm CRT before, and since upgrading, I have not for one second thought that the 50" is too big for my loungeroom. I sit 3.5metres from the TV, frequently use it as a PC monitor, and it is a perfect size. I'm so glad I never compromised by going for the 42" option.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. Hope this helps.

Pat, I've had mine for 5 days and heartily endorse everything you've said. The picture is superb. Even the sound is pretty damn good - I don't bother turning on the Marantz anymore for casual TV watching. I can't think of a single disappointment, even a minor one (....well, I don't like the look of the stand much but as I'm going to wall mount that doesn't matter much). BTW, are you using (the now legendary) settings 'discovered' by Persian Immortal?

Pat, I've had mine for 5 days and heartily endorse everything you've said. The picture is superb. Even the sound is pretty damn good - I don't bother turning on the Marantz anymore for casual TV watching. I can't think of a single disappointment, even a minor one (....well, I don't like the look of the stand much but as I'm going to wall mount that doesn't matter much). BTW, are you using (the now legendary) settings 'discovered' by Persian Immortal?

Hey Claudiecat - I forgot to mention the supurb sound quality from the inbuilt speakers. Thanks for reminding me. I was also planning on wall mounting, but don't know if I could be bothered now...

I'm sticking with the "less than 50% settings for the first 100hrs" theory, even though some argue it's already had a burn in period in the factory.

Would you mind putting a link to Persian's recommendations?

Ta.

Would you mind putting a link to Persian's recommendations?

I copied them. I'm using the component settings because I don't have any HDMI components. Yeah, I'm 'running in' too for the first month or so, but I reserve the right to use more 'aggressive' settings on particularly good shows after the kids have gone to bed. :blink:

DVI->HDMI (HD STB)

Mode: Standard

Contrast: 78

Brightness: 29

Color: 37

Sharpness: 20

Color Temp: Standard

Color Management: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Color Matrix: HD

Ch Color Set: Middle

Component (DVD)