Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest JimboTHX1138
thanks - is that like how a blackberry adjusts its screen according to the brightness/lighting? if so, that actually sounds quite good...

and yep, forgot about the pip as well!

Yes that's right. Last years models had this feature, which I personally quite like, most people don't for some reason. It must be one of the features they cut back on to bring the price of the latest models down a bit.

I think a few people on this forum maybe confused by mistaking the TH-50PX700A that is due to hit aussie shops soon for the UK model TH-50PZ700 that is in the UK 2007 viera brochure,,,,the PX is what we are getting here and it is NOT "FULL HD" as the PZ uk model is,,,infact the only difference between the 70a and the 700a is SD card slot ,better speakers and a different caseing.its still only 1366 X 768 resolution.and for my money i will not be paying extra for it.

FAT :blink:

What's a good price for a 50" 70A?

i paid $2890 - which was on credit card (so get ~$30 cash back) and with a myerone card as well (so get $60 in myer vouchers).

i think someone else in here has paid $2780 which is the best price i've seen - and i figured i was only $20 off that.

i'm sure if i waited a few more months (eg when the 700a is released, or when some other new fandangled thing comes out) the price would drop further. but i figured the panasonics have recently been released and will be fine for a while yet.

I dropped $50 on the ground getting out of my car before. Guess my deal is worse than I thought.

Oh wait I just found $200 in an old wallet. My deal is the best!

Point of the story is I stop haggling when it gets down to small amounts. It's a bit insulting to the stores you're dealing with too in my opinion. But that's just me.

I dropped $50 on the ground getting out of my car before. Guess my deal is worse than I thought.

Oh wait I just found $200 in an old wallet. My deal is the best!

Point of the story is I stop haggling when it gets down to small amounts. It's a bit insulting to the stores you're dealing with too in my opinion. But that's just me.

and that's why is stuck a "ha!" at the end. i was talking in jest. perhaps i should've made myself clearer.

some perspective is always good to have - like when bidding at an auction for a house, and you go an extra $1000 without even thinking, and then worry about saving 2c a litre on petrol when filling half a tank which equates to 50 cents.

Panasonic have these registered so I think they will all appear eventually:-

TH-42PZ700A

TH-50PZ700A

TH-58PZ700A

TH-65PZ700A

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to this message above. According to pana website, they will roll out 4 1080p plasma panels this August,

http://panasonic.com.au/whats_new/media/de...selectYear=2007

These 4 1080p panels will include two 50-inch Plasmas (a deluxe model with a silver control panel and pedestal, and a stylish black model) and two 42-inch Plasmas, both in elegant black.

Now, back to the question,

Does anyone know if Panasonic will release 58" and 65" in other time frame? Maybe before Christmas? What's the usual release pattern? Is it normal for Panasnonic to announce new generation panels twice per year?

Guest Matt_77

Got my 42PX70A a few weeks ago and am absolutely loving it.......well I'm loving it now that I have the colour and sharpness settings set up properly. The only problem that I have now is that it has made be realise how utterly crap the PQ of Foxtel is, I am watching less and less Foxtel and more free to air and movies.

Got it from Harey Norman for $2050. All in all a very happy camper

Got my 42PX70A a few weeks ago and am absolutely loving it.......well I'm loving it now that I have the colour and sharpness settings set up properly. The only problem that I have now is that it has made be realise how utterly crap the PQ of Foxtel is, I am watching less and less Foxtel and more free to air and movies.

Got it from Harey Norman for $2050. All in all a very happy camper

Can I suggest if you haven't already connect Foxtel via s-video or yuv. Adjust the settings to suggested ones on this forum, in particular turn off d-nr. It may not be the standard of FTA its still pretty good

Just wondering if anyone reading this who has managed to do better than 2100 for a TH-42PX70A + 250 for 4 year extended warranty could email me there receipt. My email address is c_suicidal_soldier@hotmail.com.

Bought the 42" PX7A at Joyce Mayne yesterday for $1,750. Quote on extended warranty was $160 for 2yrs (3yrs in total)

Scott

Also, Scott, do you reckon you might be able to send me your receipt.

Starting to get a bad feeling about the people at Domayne (still got a while to wait till they get the PX70A in), so gonna check out DJ's in the city and the like.

NICE! Hoping these smaller 1080p panels look as good as the 65" beast.

Going by these prices I estimate Aussie prices to be around:

50" 1080p - $4499

42" 1080p - $3499

I would say Pana would be looking for bit more of a premium than that at release. I would suggest $4.5k for the 42" and maybe $6k for the 50". This would still make them around the price of the 1080p LCDs but still cheaper than the Pioneer

The new batch of th-50px70's have arrived and on the back of the screen it says 'made in Japan'. Just wanted to put the the peoples minds at ease who are waiting on deliveries. I was a bit worried when reading the second batch were possibly being assembled in china. Mine arrived today and was wrapped to discover it is still 100 per cent "Made in Japan".

I cancelled my order on the 50PX70A. I don't think it does 24p (not the reason I cancelled).

sorry for sounding like an idiot ,but what is 24p? also,whats the reason for the change?im looking at buying on of these next week,i was going to get a th50pv60a for $2400.but may get the px istead.

fat

I got scared off by purple snakes. Don't want to take this risk. I'll assume my mistake on 24p though. I think the question I was answering referred to the panel doing 24Hz. That it can't as far as I know.

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to this message above. According to pana website, they will roll out 4 1080p plasma panels this August,

http://panasonic.com.au/whats_new/media/de...selectYear=2007

These 4 1080p panels will include two 50-inch Plasmas (a deluxe model with a silver control panel and pedestal, and a stylish black model) and two 42-inch Plasmas, both in elegant black.

Now, back to the question,

Does anyone know if Panasonic will release 58" and 65" in other time frame? Maybe before Christmas? What's the usual release pattern? Is it normal for Panasnonic to announce new generation panels twice per year?

I think you'll find that all these displays bar the PX700A have been released already in Oz. Make sure you're not confusing these for true 1080p panels, as the four you mention purely accept a 1080p feed but downscale it to their native resolutions. As per your question they already have a 65" true 1080p plasma on the market.

I got scared off by purple snakes. Don't want to take this risk. I'll assume my mistake on 24p though. I think the question I was answering referred to the panel doing 24Hz. That it can't as far as I know.

I think your exaggerating a little.. There's hardly a mention of them on the 70x series.. (Compared to 60x series). I've come to the conclusion that all panels, regardless of manufacturer, have issues..