Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

There are some items you just don't get reconditioned and I imagine plasma's are one of them!

The 70A will street for under $1899 soon enough...

SORRY? have i missed something?reconditioned?whatr u on about,

the 70a is a fair way off $1899 street price,,,the 7a maybe soon but the 70a ? not yt!

looks like im notvery good at this bargaining thing,,i tried every shop in canberra and i coulnd do bettr than $2100 plus$249 for 70a and 5 year warrnty

the 70a is a fair way off $1899 street price,,,the 7a maybe soon but the 70a ? not yt!

looks like im notvery good at this bargaining thing,,i tried every shop in canberra and i coulnd do bettr than $2100 plus$249 for 70a and 5 year warrnty

Mate have you read my posts in this thread? I saw it last month for this price! I even posted a pic of the catalogue. It even said "Less for Cash". What more do you want?

If they could do it then, they can do it again. $1,899 only included the standard warranty though.

Been watching this thread for a while so thought I should add this:

Went into Harvey Norman (Caringbah) about 4:40pm last night and got a TH-50PX70a for $3100 with 5 year warranty and Delivery.

hi mate

is it possible to email me your invoice?you can blank out your name,would really appriciate it,,

my email is rovcar@bigpond.com

regards

FAT

The 70a is on the front page of the latest Good Guys catalogue for $2199 less for cash.

Any panel not 1080p has real downward pressure on price and it's only going to intensify...so bargain hard!

The 70a is on the front page of the latest Good Guys catalogue for $2199 less for cash.

Any panel not 1080p has real downward pressure on price and it's only going to intensify...so bargain hard!

Dont want to confuse things but i thinks its a 7a not a 70a on the latest cat from GG, dont thinks theyre pushing 70a's atm becuase of stock levels or lack thereof.

FAT

An email from Panasonic re the 700A............

Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

The TH-50PX700A may be released for sale in Australia around July or August 2007, It may have a RRP of around $4730.00.

We trust this information will be of assistance. However, if you do require further support Panasonic have a very informative product web site located at www.panasonic.com.au . Many of our customers have found that most of their questions can be answered here with our excellent Frequently Asked Questions section - for this, please see the following link: http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/faqs/ . .

Kind Regards,

Panasonic Customer Care

www.panasonic.com.au

I would not touch one unless you can get a 5 year warranty. Not sure if panasales would offer this on a reco plasma.

Yes, I agree with you. I rang Panasales and asked them about the TV out of curiosity. They said it could be reduced because it has a small scratch or cosmetic blemish, but also could mean the unit had been repaired or was a demo unit. It had already been sold - and I just checked their website and it is no longer listed.

For the sake of a couple of hundred dollars I'd always take a new unit rather than an ex-demo/scratched unit. I think I'll just keep waiting until the 700 series comes out, and that will hopefully drive prices down.

I tink last week i saw best denki selling at 2499 with extended warranty & 200 NTUC voucher and also if use OCharlie BravoC for 24 months 0% installment, can get first month installment free!! That comes up to about 2395, sound pretty good for mi.

Is the extended warranty by BD 5 years or the normal 3 years by Panny?

Saw the TH-50PX70A in action today at various stores. It's a perfect upgrade for my good but now too bulky and small CRT. Happy that I can get this unit (or the 42") at cost plus 5%. I can get more at this price if anyone else wants one (we would buy as a group). I am in Geelong, Victoria. You will need to organise your own transport. I will confirm the final price over the next 24 hours. It will be good. As stated above it will be almost cost.

...why 1080p - because it is more difficult to claim a plasma on tax than an LCD - and 1:1 pixel mapping / 1080p and better display quality might just be enough for me to convince my accountant that I really do need a 50 inch plasma for work purposes.... :rolleyes:

You can claim whatever you want... whether it's 1080p or 768. It's the ATO you have to convince in the rare case you are audited. If you tell your accountant that you legitimately use the plasma for work purposes, of course he'll tell you to claim it. The onus is on you to tell the truth. I know you are being a bit tongue in cheek, but can you really see the auditor believing someone needed a 50" plasma for work? On the other hand, if the retailer wrote out a receipt for a "high definition monitor" it would be much easier to justify ;)

Does the 700A have better specs then the 70A? Just about to probably buy a 70A...should I wait for the 700A? (Budget is $3k)

Maybe have a read of the last 5 pages or so of this thread to get the best answer (or check out Panasonic UK website), but in short I believe it will be better speakers, 3xHDMI - one on the side, different stand, PIP(?) and a few other little extras

...why 1080p - because it is more difficult to claim a plasma on tax than an LCD - and 1:1 pixel mapping / 1080p and better display quality might just be enough for me to convince my accountant that I really do need a 50 inch plasma for work purposes.... :rolleyes:

What work are you doing? Video production, TV advertising - probably yes. Truck driver - er no. BTW - you would only be claiming depreciation anyway not the full cost. They would also check were the unit was situated. In the loungeroom might be problematic - but as already said they may never check.

Maybe have a read of the last 5 pages or so of this thread to get the best answer (or check out Panasonic UK website), but in short I believe it will be better speakers, 3xHDMI - one on the side, different stand, PIP(?) and a few other little extras

Dang - the 70A doesn't have PIP? I wonder why that is?

Here in NZ the TH-50PV70 specs seem to mirror the Aus TH-50PX70 (with the exception of an analogue instead of your digital tuner). Can't understand why the specs for the 700 are not on the Aus site.

On the NZ site we have:

http://www.panasonic.co.nz/product-detail&...;884$.html for the PV700

Don't particularly like the exterior appearance of the 700 against the all-black (no pun intended) :rolleyes: 70 and the actual panels appear to be the same. Neither are available in Wellington at the moment, next shipment quoted by all retailers as end Jul/beginning Aug.

And if you do visit the website check out the good old NZ rip-off prices :angry2:

Can't understand why the specs for the 700 are not on the Aus site.

Because it isn't actually available here - why would they advertise/give info for a model they're not selling?

Edit: well of course, except for that pdf - which gives everybody hope that the 700 series will be released here at some point...