Show us your Turntables!!!

7 minutes ago, andyr said:

What 'bling'?  The copper mat ... or a new arm?  :unsure:

If it is the mat, I'm interested to know why you thought a copper mat would be a good thing?

Andy

Looks like brass.....?

2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Max.   What is the mat?   Copper or?

Is the mat directly on the metal platter?

Puresound Tenuto Gunmetal Mat. Some kind of copper alloy.

2 minutes ago, PKay said:

@Y Bwhat is the arm Max?

The arm is the stock Exclusive EA10.

4 minutes ago, andyr said:

If it is the mat, I'm interested to know why you thought a copper mat would be a good thing?

Andy

New bling = new gunmetal mat.

@metal beat has a copper mat on his Technics SP10 MKIII. I like the look. So I did a bit of reading. Some guys added the Tenuto Mat to their DD TT or Garrard 301 and recommended it. I tried it and found that it has done great things to the sound.

7 minutes ago, andyr said:

Andy

Andy,  copper mats rule.   the famous Micro Seiki CU-180 is awesome.  adds a tightness in the bass and detail without any glare.  depends on the table thou of course.  fits like a glove with the Technics DD's.

42242146805_cc9b0d5c00_b.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Is the mat directly on the metal platter?

Yes it is. I tried it on the rubber mat but prefer without.

According to the maker, the upper face is coated with a clear lacquer. The lower face is not coated so as to allow the mat to be electrically grounded to the platter in order that any static build-up is discharged. So I guess the idea is not to have a rubber mat underneath?

6 minutes ago, Y B said:

@metal beat has a copper mat on his Technics SP10 MKIII. I like the look. So I did a bit of reading. Some guys added the Tenuto Mat to their DD TT or Garrard 301 and recommended it. I tried it and found that it has done great things to the sound.

Cool.  Have you removed the rubber mat?

How do you like It?

Edit:    yes, designed to be used without the mat.

I might need to request a loan over the weekend,  as I need another for my P3.

Edited by metal beat

4 minutes ago, Y B said:

Yes I wanted to try this as well, big dollars though especially for a copper mat besides my mediocre system probably wouldn’t benefit from doing it.

4 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

Yes I wanted to try this as well, big dollars though especially for a copper mat besides my mediocre system probably wouldn’t benefit from doing it.

Yes, it's quite dear but not as expensive as metal beat's Micro Seiki CU-180. :)

I found a more focused sound. Better 3D presentation, the music seems to be more spacious and have a better pace. The bass is tighter and not as boomy. Well worth it.

14 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

Hi Seb,

I took my Les Davis mat to try on Hensa’s Denon DD and there was a definite improvement. Greg ended up buying one as well. You would be surprised at how much better it is than the stock rubber mat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y B said:

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Andy,  copper mats rule.   the famous Micro Seiki CU-180 is awesome.  adds a tightness in the bass and detail without any glare.  depends on the table thou of course.  fits like a glove with the Technics DD's.

If you're going to borrow YB's gunmetal mat, Shane ... please do us all a favour and do a comparo against your MS copper mat.  ?

(So we know which one to buy!  ? )

Andy

Edited by andyr
  • Like 1

I've never really been interested in mat swapping, it's one of those hifi tweaks that has never appealed especially as my SMEs are designed to be mat free but my word I love the look of the copper mat and I reckon one would look awesome on the all black Model 20. Shame they are so bloody expensive.

1164566186_Model20(1).thumb.jpg.8645338caec256527c02a83838bd6f26.jpg

17 hours ago, andyr said:

If you're going to borrow YB's gunmetal mat, Shane ... please do us all a favour and do a comparo against your MS copper mat.  ?

(So we know which one to buy!  ? )

Andy

Yeah, Andy.....so we can 'decide' whether to spend either $US800 or $US1200 on a platter mat! An incremental improvement at best. Good one.....??

Edited by stevoz

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Yeah, Andy.....so we can 'decide' whether to spend either $US800 or $US1200 on a platter mat! An incremental improvement at best. Good one.....??

Back to your rubber room Steve ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PKay said:

Hi Seb,

I took my Les Davis mat to try on Hensa’s Denon DD and there was a definite improvement. Greg ended up buying one as well. You would be surprised at how much better it is than the stock rubber mat. 

Hey Peter

I'm sure the Les Davis is good I got a leather one from the states a while back that seems to help a bit and it looks nice I don't worry about the vinyl as much nowadays it sounds fine as it is.

Those copper mats are a serious investment!!!

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

The Puresound Tenuto Gunmetal Mat can be bought for a lot less than USD800, around USD540 or AU740 shipped.

42 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Back to your rubber room Steve ?

The 'put down's' are really unnecessary.....and arrogant. You're just proving my point.?

19 minutes ago, Citroen said:

The Puresound Tenuto Gunmetal Mat can be bought for a lot less than USD800, around USD540 or AU740 shipped.

Oh, that really makes the whole discussion make more 'sense'......

Edited by stevoz

26 minutes ago, stevoz said:

The 'put down's' are really unnecessary.....and arrogant. You're just proving my point.?

Oh, that really makes the whole discussion make more 'sense'......

Yeah, I know. It was half tongue in cheek, but on the right deck/system a $740 upgrade could well be worth it, cf a new cart costing a few thousand more.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Yeah, I know. It was half tongue in cheek, but on the right deck/system a $740 upgrade could well be worth it, cf a new cart costing a few thousand more.  

Fair comment but this is my point....it's an irrelevant conversation.....to most.

Edited by stevoz

Only $648 delivered [emoji14]

39 minutes ago, stevoz said:

22 hours ago, stevoz said:

Looks like brass.....?

3 hours ago, stevoz said:

Steve.   I am not the one starting the put downs.  How about you read what you post.

If you have nothing positive to say,  especially when you have no direct experience in what you are negatively posting about.    

Do us a favor and either don't post or go somewhere else with your sarcastic remarks.

Edited by metal beat

11 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Fair comment but this is my point....it's an irrelevant conversation.....to most.

So why post narky comments if it is irrelevant to you?    Have you nothing better to do?

So far its been relevant to a half dozen people here. 

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3

Here is my mat upgrade. Velcro dots, Cost $2.99 from Bunnings and stopped all the static I was getting where they mat would stick to the record when I lifted it off.  Real low end stuff but Johnny Cash has never sounded better.

PS I here that troll a comin, comin round the bend you know that troll is comin cause he cant see the end.

turntable.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Here is my mat upgrade. Velcro dots, Cost $2.99 from Bunnings and stopped all the static I was getting where they mat would stick to the record when I lifted it off.  Real low end stuff but Johnny Cash has never sounded better.

PS I here that troll a comin, comin round the bend you know that troll is comin cause he cant see the end.

turntable.jpg

Just not expensive enough for some.....