Trying new RCA interconnects - temp swap anyone?

Hi Ivan

As in what length are the cables.   Just let me know how long you want them and I'll make them up.  And if you mean how long can you have them for.  There yours to keep 

cheers 

27 minutes ago, misternavi said:

@Bill125812 Thanks Bill, How long is the sample?

24 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

I'll be interested in anyone's impression on the Van Damm Cables.  

Apparently it's used in well know studios in London.

Just send me your address via PM and I'll get you off a set to try 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

@Bill125812 1.5m would be great. If you think it will be too long, 1m is fine, I'll just move the DAC.

I can give it to @Addicted to music to try after me.

I.5 m it is.  I'm happy to make another set for addicted to Audio as well 

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill125812 said:

I.5 m it is.  I'm happy to make another set for addicted to Audio as well 

I'd be interested in this as well Bill, when it becomes available.

Passive Pre to SS MonoBloks.

Edited by Wimbo

12 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

I'd be interested in this as well Bill, when it becomes available.

Passive Pre to SS MonoBloks.

Hi Wimbo

pm me mate what You require and your address 

Cherrs 

@Bill125812 The cable arrived yesterday and I convinced the wife to take the kids to a birthday party without me this morning because I was 'busy' with work. Lot's of TLC has been put into making this cable- tech flex sleeving & heat shrink!

I liked the mogami, sure it was a bit soft sounding but it had a warmth that i enjoyed and it was $3 a metre. Compared to the mogami, "DIYbill" (do we have a name for it?) sounds more precise, clearer and dynamic. 

Vocals and instruments are better separated with better dimension/space? around vocals and instruments. I'm not sure how to describe it but if I had to use photography terms. it would be like going from a canon 5DMKII to 5DMKIII: better tones and  dynamics are better. Both have the same resolution but DIYbill is an improvement.

I'll be making a cable with some Canare L-2T2S cable soon and will compare.

Bill- have you tried this cable with different connectors?

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

@Bill125812 The cable arrived yesterday and I convinced the wife to take the kids to a birthday party without me this morning because I was 'busy' with work. Lot's of TLC has been put into making this cable- tech flex sleeving & heat shrink!

I liked the mogami, sure it was a bit soft sounding but it had a warmth that i enjoyed and it was $3 a metre. Compared to the mogami, "DIYbill" (do we have a name for it?) sounds more precise, clearer and dynamic. 

Vocals and instruments are better separated with better dimension/space? around vocals and instruments. I'm not sure how to describe it but if I had to use photography terms. it would be like going from a canon 5DMKII to 5DMKIII: better tones and  dynamics are better. Both have the same resolution but DIYbill is an improvement.

I'll be making a cable with some Canare L-2T2S cable soon and will compare.

Bill- have you tried this cable with different connectors?

Hi Ivan

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts on the cables 

As for a name for the cables. Bill's cables sounds ok to me lol 

i have tried many rca terminating ends, from very cheep ones from China to ETI bullets.  To be honest the Austrailian made Amphenol ones that are on the cables I sent to you sound the best.  They are highly thought of in the US as well 

Im glad you have the same thoughts on the cables as I do.  

Great value.  Beat most cables up to 10 times the price.  I've AB'd them against very expensive ones, and to my ears, and many others, you have to Pay a lot more to top them 

Cheers 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Bill125812  loan't me a couple of pair of his cables a few weeks ago. I used them to replace my PHO8 to JDS Labs passive attenuator interconnect and from there to my Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux Mk2 power amps. 1m pair and 1.5m pair. Speakers are JBL 4301B's on Soundstyle 4 pillar 600mm high stands spiked top and bottom. Speaker cable is the RG213U that Trevor Wilson recommends.(Very good) 

Bill's cables took a while to burn in but last night they really impressed me. I was reading a new book ATT and the music kept on saying "OI, listen to this you dumbass!!" 

I have the Thin Lizzy Album "Renegade" and I also have "Jailbreak". I've never really been in to "Renegade" (havnt played it for 15 years or so)  but last night, Wow!

It impressed me as much as "Jailbreak" has and "Jailbreak" has always been one of my favourite albums. (Up there with COTC and YOTC). I also played "The Nightfly" and a Dingoes album, "Orphans of The Storm". The Nightfly had that speed and separation/dynamics that you expect but also a slight warmth that took the edge off it. Now, this was most probably the power amps but the cables definitely didn't get in the way. The Dingoes album isnt as good a recording as the other two, but the music presented itself in a entertaining way that got you in. Foot tapping the lot of it. Didnt have this with my previous cables and other cables I have tried. HiFi wise, the cables have good Presence and a deep and wide soundstage with an attractive sound in the upper bass that gets the foot going.

I will be buying these cables and for the money, they present exceptional value.

Remember to burn them in over a few days at least to get the best out of them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest scumbag
On 03/07/2017 at 0:13 PM, Bill125812 said:

Hi Ivan

Based on Van Damm cable.  Copper and silver combo 

I can send you a set if you would like to try them 

it's a free offer.    Just want some honest comments back 

Cheers 

Sounds interesting. Did you make up any XLR's too??

You've got to come over to hear the Tritpychs with the Pass Labs now - I think it will be much more to your liking than the Class-D stuff.

3 hours ago, scumbag said:

Sounds interesting. Did you make up any XLR's too??

You've got to come over to hear the Tritpychs with the Pass Labs now - I think it will be much more to your liking than the Class-D stuff.

Hi Mark. 

Ill bring over a set of the IC.    See what you think 

Guest scumbag
9 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

Hi Mark. 

Ill bring over a set of the IC.    See what you think 

Excellent. I think you'll like the new setup now.

I finally getting over man-flu and I put together some Canare L-2T2s cable
-2metres
- one end switchcraft angled RCA and other end eichmann bullet plug copy from fleabay.

i think bills cable still comes out on top as it has the dynamics and seems neutral. i use the word 'seems' as i not exactly sure what is neutral.

the Canare either rolls of or smooths out the highs and lows a bit too much. could be good for a system with aggressive highs?

i'm going to try some MC Klotz cable next, there is a post on art of sound forum raving about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy

• Love 1

On 7/30/2017 at 10:09 AM, misternavi said:

i think bills cable still comes out on top as it has the dynamics and seems neutral. i use the word 'seems' as i not exactly sure what is neutral.

I find Bill's cables open and Neutral/warm. After a week or two you just don't notice them. Very good.

• Love 1