FS: Elektra Valve Pre Amplifier

• Administrator
3 hours ago, anthony vinyl said:

hi

does anyone have any comments about this unit as a phono stage. i am wondering about its dynamics , presence etc and am assuming it is configured for MM. i am not getting reply from the seller so am putting it out to the community

thanks

You might want to confirm it has the Phono stage built-in. The seller has said 1 year old but unless the unit has gone back since, I doubt it has the inbuilt phono fitted?

8 hours ago, todagt said:

^^^^

Are there any images of the internals of this unit? Not this one in particular but the same model lying around.

Here are some photos that I took of the internals on my pre 

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, anthony vinyl said:

hi

does anyone have any comments about this unit as a phono stage. i am wondering about its dynamics , presence etc and am assuming it is configured for MM. i am not getting reply from the seller so am putting it out to the community

thanks

No phono fitted to yours (or mine) yet as production wasn't finalised yet.

Though from what I understand it can be retro fitted.

I had a play with a unit with the phono as a crash test dummy about a year ago and gave him my feed back. From there he will compare  with some other opinions and will rectify any concerns.  

It will be switchable from MM/MC from under the lid so don't fret about opening it up, but just don't be a tool when you do it.

I will be getting one fitted to mine when time permits.

As Arthur mentioned to me find a better tube and I'll use it.:)

I have the phono stage fitted to mine. Running low output MC. Ii was really impressed. At the time I was comparing it to the RCM Zensor 2 which had more sparkle in the top end and a tad more bass weight though imagining, detail and attack was the best i've heard for a build in phono. Arthur knows his stuff. Good luck with the sale, one of audios best kept secrets Elektra

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, anthony vinyl said:

thanks for the replys guys

you have responded in a much more interested way than the seller

Who may be busy with life/work etc...

• Like 1

I think he has forgotten he has posted it here or he's just busy as already suggested.

He hasn't revisited this site since posting the ad.