My System Today

Guest jonlee

hm...wonder how are u going to remove the aircon for complete servicing 5 years down the road...

Wah! Suddenly I see a pile,  a huge pile,  of cables in your set up.   ;D

hahaha yeah that was 3 months ago. now all neaten up already. hehehe... done quite well hor, all those cables now not THAT visible anymore...

hm...wonder how are u going to remove the aircon for complete servicing 5 years down the road...

hahaha not impossible lah... because the ledge was constructed before the aircon went in... what goes in, should be able to come out ;)

pst

Hi pst

Can bring my wife to see your projector shelf?   ;)

that's all?!  :o just the shelf?! ah yah then must clear everything else away...  ;D

hahahah caaaaan no problem :) totally understand the stage you're going through.

IM me to arrange time and date... :)

pst

Ha ha... thanks.  Ok lah.  Will see others as well,  but wifey wants to install a glass shelf, to have a minimalist look.  I think it will look bad.  And when I show her your shelf,  she is impressed.  ;)  Will PM you.  thanks. 

acutally the aircon concern is quite valid. My aircon broke down and the repairman had a hard time trying to service it. But I think my ledge is deeper than PST's so it was a really big problem. The idea is keep the ledge to a minimum.

Matix,

I assume your projector has lens shift right? make sure your projector can project downwards if you want a high ledge.

here is my pic again :)

http://www.pisduck.com/h77/living.jpg

the other thingto consider is the maintanance too....if got too much cloth like curtains and sofa to wash....think will offset the pleasure of the house liao.. ;D ;D

so i got persuaded to take leather sofas and pvc curtains.....but i guess some of u guys got maids and so on...so the problem doesnt concern u....

yo wind...

did u tried to clean a fabric sofa before....the process of taking all the fabric out, clean fabric, dry fabric and then put it back...it is veri veri tedious...i rather do more research... ;D ;D

at least..for leather...u can just clean it.... ;D ;D

of course as u can see...me too lazy...and too poor to hire maid to do it for me... :-*

;D ;D ;D

boys boys... to each his own okay?  ;D hehehee...

yeah nobody likes cleaning and not everyone who hates cleaning will have maids to do it for them. I guess we just have to weigh our priorities to decide what we hate more and what we like more... weigh the pros and cons u know... hehehe...

for us, we didn't like the sweaty smell that leather sofas could attain after some time (I suppose if you clean often it shd be ok), and we prefer the feel of fabric... so we decided we could live with the washing of the fabric etc...

curtains are there for aesthetic and acoustic purposes as well as to block off light... a six door movable partition will certainly rattle richter scale 9 when our svs starts to kick in...  ;D

hehehe house cleaning is a necessary evil lah... unless u live in a CLEAN ROOM   ;D confirm CLEAN ah... hahaha...

Oh, the aircon right, yeah I was hopping mad when our ID put that in before tellnig us coz the aircon wasn't in yet. I was worried that the aircon couldn't get in. But then it could so... *shrug* no choice, what to do, do already. Mine somemore got the L box depression. so could be as tricky as wind30's (at least wind30's got no lobang to prise the thing out of)... but should be alright lah - aircon man didn't complain :P and also, yeah our ledge is 300mm deep... think wind30 - yours is 600mm deep issit, IIRC?

oh matix, you may not wanna put your aircon there if you're getting a pull-down screen - the aircon 'wind' makes the screen move. *yucks* I hate that. hehehehe... come jonlee, lets chant *stewart*stewart*stewart* hehehehe...

pst

hi Wind30...Haven't bought the projector yet.  I was thinking of getting the Infocus 4805,  but now leaning towards TX100 because what you exactly said, the fliexibility of a lens shift.  Also, wifey claimed to see rainbow in a 4805 demo.  I am now suspecting she actually can see because she went ooh!  ahh! when it was projected onto a Stewart.

Hi pst.... No, the aircon is  not in that location.  I only have a single 24000 btu aircon which is in the dinning area.  Hm... Stewart.  Saw a couple of posts selling.. one a greyhawk and one a firehawk.  tempting...

Guest jonlee

stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...

stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...stewart greyhawk RS...

hehehehe... come jonlee, lets chant *stewart*stewart*stewart* hehehehe...

pst

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

scrolling through the threads for pics rather cumbersome.

I've got quite a large space from my hosting company and would not mind 'sponsoring' to host members setup pix. Furthermore, it's in a photo gallery format with options for slide shows and comments...

sample

Those interested let me know. I can create a separate 'album' specifically for this purpose.

hehehe no lah, just got new addition that's all  ;)

pst

post leh....  Then we can revive this thread again.......  Anyone else just did up their HT?    Esp those with a plasma/LCD for TV viewing with a motorised screen for HT  :p 

Oliver

• 1 year later...