My System Today

nice setup;

abt the masking; actually u can just get a much bigger (wider) screen, and since the drop itself is limited, by default it is already 16:9.  So no need any masking.  Your hitachi at that distance can project a much bigger pic.  Lke 120" at least.

Like your curtains.  I need to redo my curtain some day to get more comfy feel.

yr house is ec rite?

No. It's a EA - Executive Apt. hdb :)

pst, not going for 7.1 yet ah? ;)

hahahah not yet... BUT... we're already cabled for 7.1 ;) tew took care of that...

nice setup;

abt the masking; actually u can just get a much bigger (wider) screen, and since the drop itself is limited, by default it is already 16:9. So no need any masking. Your hitachi at that distance can project a much bigger pic. Lke 120" at least.

Like your curtains. I need to redo my curtain some day to get more comfy feel.

hahaha actually you're right. 3 sides of the image is already 'masked' by the boundary of the screen. so I only need to mask the top actually... in the dark, the marooon wall looks almost black...  ;D

pst

nice setup;

abt the masking; actually u can just get a much bigger (wider) screen, and since the drop itself is limited, by default it is already 16:9.  So no need any masking.  Your hitachi at that distance can project a much bigger pic.  Lke 120" at least.

Like your curtains.  I need to redo my curtain some day to get more comfy feel.

hmmm I just calculated... at 84" horiz - we're only getting a 96" diag image on a 1.778... but can get 120" huh? dunno if that'd be comfortable on the eyes though... hehehe... will bear that in mind when we shop for new screen next time... hehehe...

hey if you want my curtain contact, let me know, I can give u... quite cheap and workmanship very good. :) $1900 for the entire house. considering the amount of cloth in the living room alone - think that's pretty cheap...  ;D

bro.. where's the carpet???

nicely done btw.. good job!

haha didn't want a carpet cos difficult to maintain... and was thinking of getting a thow carpet but not much space for that left anywayz... have a animal skin thing that would prob put in front of the sofa if there is indeed reflection of sound from the spot... see what Dr Bass says lor ;)

pst

hmmm I just calculated... at 84" horiz - we're only getting a 96" diag image on a 1.778... but can get 120" huh? dunno if that'd be comfortable on the eyes though... hehehe... will bear that in mind when we shop for new screen next time... hehehe...

hey if you want my curtain contact, let me know, I can give u... quite cheap and workmanship very good. :) $1900 for the entire house. considering the amount of cloth in the living room alone - think that's pretty cheap...  ;D

thanx can pm me the contacts ? ...

for screen size, trust me, 120 is nothing when it comes to 2.35:1.  I'm doing 133" with the hitachi and for movies like star wars it's really more involving.  The TX100 is very short throw, why not use it to the full potential ? Is 84" the max length of your wall ? From the pic it looks bigger than that... more like 100", no ?

have a animal skin thing that would prob put in front of the sofa if there is indeed reflection of sound from the spot... see what Dr Bass says lor ;)

Sounds like Bobafett's Zebra is rubbing off on you. Can PM me your curtain contact as well. Thanks.

Sounds like Bobafett's Zebra is rubbing off on you. Can PM me your curtain contact as well. Thanks.

hahaha no lah my one is from my mum one, looks like those ikea fake animal fur but this one feels like real 'leather'. been in my house for ages, remember it being on the telephone table in my old house way back in Pri 1  :P hehehe...

but you shd see Muscular27's bass trap man! THAT one is Bobafett's zebra's cousin!  :D hahaha... perhaps would dress up our 20-39 to be zebra cousin when we have the time...

okay would PM you when I'm done with this post :D

nice stand for your center speaker, custom made?

No, we bought all our speaker stands from MC Hammer (who, IIRC was selling on behalf of Simon the stand-maker)... hehehe... since we're gonna get the wall mounts, we could be selling off some stands soon... but the centre speaker stand is different from the rest... the light brown horizontal board is actually another temporary make shift thing to try to raise our C speaker to make its tweeter same ht as the L & R speakers... [not quite there yet... vibrapods on the way ;)] ... and the light gray vertical thing is actually a portion of the stand that resembles a pvc pipe  :P  have no idea why it's like that. hahaha... gonna get spray paint to paint it black soon  ;D hehehe so fun...

thanx can pm me the contacts ? ...

for screen size, trust me, 120 is nothing when it comes to 2.35:1. I'm doing 133" with the hitachi and for movies like star wars it's really more involving. The TX100 is very short throw, why not use it to the full potential ? Is 84" the max length of your wall ? From the pic it looks bigger than that... more like 100", no ?

PMed you already :)

wow would like to see your 133" if got the chance man!!!  :o

No, you're right, our wall length can prob go 100" or maybe even a bit more... would definitely consider a larger screen next time round... but dunno if we'd be comfortable with such a huge image at that length... just takes some getting use to I guess... :D

pst

Yo pst , very nice . I think the only thing you must add to your ht hall to enhance the image and details but not destroying the fengsui is adding a absorbing materials(thick curtain will do) on the back wall ..... although carpet to reduce floor reflection is important but ...... Do a blind test on stereo imaging and you will know it is very important especially you are sitting so near to the back wall . With absorbing material behind your seat , I can gurantee 30% improvement on ht and stereo .  ;) Or adding a nice acoustic panel right in the back wall CENTER also do the job nicely .

pst, an example will be my place.  ;D

hi Jason, hi Bobafett!

was wondering when you guys were gonna show up?! hehehehe...

hey Jason - I love your "acoustic panel on the back wall" idea... hehehe... actually way back when we visited your place - I'd already suggested that to tew... but...  :-X hahahahahahaaa... hehehe... we'd see how it goes lah... hehehe... hey I really liked the acoustic panels of yours - the light gray/beige rectangular ones you have on the front wall on the left and right of your screen... where'd you say you got those from? I recall you said they were quite expensive... how much? (I'd but one piece at a time  ;D)

pst

PST & Tew,

Good work guy and gal!!  ;D ;D Nice layout with invaluable advices from the guys here in the xtremeplace. Pst, now's the hard part of convinving tew to go for acoustic treatment. But slowly la....your big day comin very soon..... ;D ;D with added stress!!!  ;D

PST & Tew,

Good work guy and gal!!  ;D ;D Nice layout with invaluable advices from the guys here in the xtremeplace. Pst, now's the hard part of convinving tew to go for acoustic treatment. But slowly la....your big day comin very soon..... ;D ;D with added stress!!!  ;D

yes! a very BIG THANK YOU to our brothers here!!  ;D All the house visitings and advices given has been very valuable and put into good use (like calling the designer the night before the platform is to be put up!!  :P)

As for the acoustic treatment and the fixed screen... sure is tempting... ;D but that have to wait lah...  :P

Brothers who are thinking of getting the curtains, don't wait! its really good deal!  ;D

tew

yes! a very BIG THANK YOU to our brothers here!!  ;D All the house visitings and advices given has been very valuable and put into good use (like calling the designer the night before the platform is to be put up!!  :P)

Pls don't blame me bro.  ;D

haha.. actually I also dun really like that idea  :P shh.. dun tell her..  :-X :-X

but I came around, didn't I? :D so now your turn to come to your senses about acoustic treatment... ;D right, brothers??? kekekeke...

pst

Nice projector shelf!  May I know what is the height of the shelf?   :)

erm... hhehehe... this one have to check with tew... but if I'm not wrong, think it's about 1.8m... I remember it's taller than I am but approx tew's height... I actually have to like super stretch myself in order to get the cover off the pj's lens (without having to stand on the sofa)... but tew doesn't have any problem lah :P

that was as high as we could go, given the aircon unit being there... we wanted it to be high and above the average person's height as the cabling for the pj is close to the wall JUST above the ledge - so that people won't see the cables and yet we dun have to build in some expensive contraption to hide the cables... hehehe poor man solution - optical 'illusion' kekeke...

pst

erm... hhehehe... this one have to check with tew... but if I'm not wrong, think it's about 1.8m... I remember it's taller than I am but approx tew's height... I actually have to like super stretch myself in order to get the cover off the pj's lens (without having to stand on the sofa)... but tew doesn't have any problem lah :P

Maybe Tew wanna keep the TX-100 all to himself! hahahaa....

Phil

... we wanted it to be high and above the average person's height as the cabling for the pj is close to the wall JUST above the ledge - so that people won't see the cables and yet we dun have to build in some expensive contraption to hide the cables... hehehe poor man solution - optical 'illusion' kekeke...

pst

That is what I am doing for my renovation as well.  But strange I cannot see any power point behind the projector,  and all the cables can't be seen at all!  Nice job.  Hope mine turn out like this as well.  :)

That is what I am doing for my renovation as well.  But strange I cannot see any power point behind the projector,  and all the cables can't be seen at all!  Nice job.  Hope mine turn out like this as well.   :)

Haha! Think the previous pix were taken at such an angle that neither the power point nor cabling can be seen... the pwr pt is JUST a bit visible in this pic

think wind30 concealed his cabling very nicely as well... one of the old threads had the pic he put up... hmmm think I started that thread :P hehehe...

pst