My System Today

Still got to finish the speaker cabinets, just got to wait until I can use my arm post surgery!  Also just sold the Metrum Hex and am waiting on a new Lampi Amber2 ?

A759311E-3146-4977-92EF-E336385427B9.jpeg

Edited by robio_d
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, robio_d said:

Still got to finish the speaker cabinets, just got to wait until I can use my arm post surgery!  Also just sold the Metrum Hex and am waiting on a new Lampi Amber2 ?

A759311E-3146-4977-92EF-E336385427B9.jpeg

Nice Leben, excellent headphone amp so buy something like a pair of audeze headphones.

Beutiful turntable , which one is it ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Nice Leben, excellent headphone amp so buy something like a pair of audeze headphones.

Beutiful turntable , which one is it ?

Thanks. Got a nice set of Beyer Dt1990 pros, real nice combo with the Leben, not really a fan of planars find them too heavy ?.

Turntable is an Origin Live Resolution mk1 with an OL live silver Mk2 arm.  

• Like 1

An update pikkie of my system ... I have moved and elevated (courtesy of Ikea) my Altecs, and the result is sonic beautiness!

The Audio Nirvana TLs standing inboard and back a bit may be going soon - I should downsize - - my wife will be happy if I do, I can tell these things by the subtle womanly signs. They sound good - well great I guess - but get little use ... someone else might appreciate their single driver, point source niceness - maybe with a sub to help them rock .... but me? _ I'll stick to the Altecs - more my vintage :)

IMG_E1317.JPG

• Like 14

On 1/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, ALF said:

An update pikkie of my system ... I have moved and elevated (courtesy of Ikea) my Altecs, and the result is sonic beautiness!

The Audio Nirvana TLs standing inboard and back a bit may be going soon - I should downsize - - my wife will be happy if I do, I can tell these things by the subtle womanly signs. They sound good - well great I guess - but get little use ... someone else might appreciate their single driver, point source niceness - maybe with a sub to help them rock .... but me? _ I'll stick to the Altecs - more my vintage :)

IMG_E1317.JPG

Awesome! That a Weston Acoustic amp? Sure would be a good match with the Altecs ?

19 hours ago, robio_d said:

Awesome! That a Weston Acoustic amp? Sure would be a good match with the Altecs ?

Yep - Topaz KT120 ... a beautiful marriage!

IMG_E1428.jpg

Edited by ALF
Wrong pikkie!
  • Like 2

Finally got around to modifying my Stanton I have had sitting about for a while, fitted the Hadcock GH228 tonearm and the SoundSmith Ortofon rebuild. Listening to Robert Cray and then Star Wars. Just need to find a way to add height to the platter now. 

20180116_134602.jpg

20180116_134609.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter_F said:

Maybe just a thinner armboard Russell? 

Which version of Star Wars are you listening to?

I am Listening to the 180g of the Force Awakens I got it free at the Melbourne Hi Fi show. I had been waiting till I hooked up the MC cart before giving it the first play. 

I could change the arm board or even drop it below the top, I just thought it would be nice to add something like an Acrylic platter, I just saw project offer a nice one, that may work. 

On 10/01/2018 at 11:11 AM, ALF said:

IMG_E1317.JPG

Nice paintings BTW. Your own work?

• Like 1