Lebowski’s HIFI and matching carpet

Great to hear it's all come together - especially from an "independent" source.

The rig looks sweet. You just need to find something to fit in that open space on the Sansui stand.

A turntable maybe?????

Nice shots Jasper - as usual.

Nice pics :)

Bloody nice amp! and sounds like a perfect match with those speaker :party

thanks mate. Turns out that one of the WLM founders is also into vintage Sansui gear.

Great to hear it's all come together - especially from an "independent" source.

The rig looks sweet. You just need to find something to fit in that open space on the Sansui stand.

A turntable maybe?????

Nice shots Jasper - as usual.

will find one eventually.

Your Sansui gear looks nearly as good in the pics as it does in the flesh Mark!

agree, photos don't capture how good these Amps are, the build quality of these old Sansui's is exceptional.

That's an awesome looking setup!

thanks millsy. I love it

was a fun day Jasper and glad you could make it. You will have to drop by again when I have the JK DAC32 in a few weeks.

Will do Mark. Thanks.

Happy to share a few snaps here. :) Much more fun to share in the pride and joy of fellow members than frequent arguing online over my way is right and you are all wrong.:party

Will do Mark. Thanks.

Happy to share a few snaps here. :) Much more fun to share in the pride and joy of fellow members than frequent arguing online over my way is right and you are all wrong.:party

true. You will have to get into some vintage Sansui, I think the G22000 will be a good start for you on eBay US - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANSUI-G22000-MONSTER-AMP-/170727764894?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27c02af39e : )

• 4 weeks later...
Very nice! How does she sound?

very good, not in same league as the AU-11000 or 717 but still a lovely sounding Amp/Receiver. It's a beautiful looking thing and absolutely mint, it doesn't look like it's had much use over its 30 or so years.

very good, not in same league as the AU-11000 or 717 but still a lovely sounding Amp/Receiver. It's a beautiful looking thing and absolutely mint, it doesn't look like it's had much use over its 30 or so years.

Nice. It certainly looks mint!! Which model is it? G-5000/G-6000 or similar?

The G series moved even further towards 'accuracy' than the earlier models, so it woudn't surprise me if it wasn't as pleasing to the ears.

Lovely set up Mark - congrat's on the new Sanasui - a silver one eh? Love the dials.

I've always loved the look of the G series Receivers but this was an impulsive purchase and I have a neighbour interested in it for a 70's themed house, lots of exposed timber beams, raked ceilings, it will look at home in that environment.

Nice. It certainly looks mint!! Which model is it? G-5000/G-6000 or similar?

The G series moved even further towards 'accuracy' than the earlier models, so it woudn't surprise me if it wasn't as pleasing to the ears.

G-5000. I can't believe how good the condition is, almost looks like it is straight out of the box.

She sure is pretty :)

oh yeah, it is a stunning looking thing with the timber case and brushed steel fascia. Lots of bling but has performance to match

Congrat's on the Stunning Sansui!! Sure is a beautiful addition to an already stunning system.

Well done!

thanks and yep it is a sweet looking Receiver, particularly when lit up at night.

no man cave is complete without a brewery. That's an Ale I'll be bottling this weekend :)

Noice , I'm sure the tunes have assisted in a smooth fermentation process. :)

• 1 month later...

Oh man, your system is rocking now Lebowski. I like the new cabinet as well.

thanks Rich, I wasn't sure about the cabinet at first. Must have you over again, don't think you've heard the WLM's?

The Pioneer looks good with the rest of the system, but then... I think it would look good anywhere :)

would have been very happy with an SR-838 or 929 to complete the Sansui series but yeah the Pioneer does fit with the rest of my gear. Have you seen the Pioneer 'EXclusive Only' thread on Audiokarma? ... so much beautiful looking gear.

Drooooool!!!!

bitten by the Sansui bug like you.

Congrat's mark - I'm envious mate - great to see you enjoying vinyl in the man shed...

I'm loving vinyl. My TT rig probably not as high resolution as my computer source but gee it's every bit as enjoyable and perhaps some more.