Grays Online NAD sale

Just now, Bruno28 said:

Their trick to get people to bid then add 17.5% should be illegal. I must say I didn't know until I read here and that was too late. But I do think I still got some savings. Hope someone can comment so that I don't feel like a fool now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good luck, I lost about $1,000 in my early days.

Had to work hard to Make it up.

Yes, need to read ALL of the fine print.

• Like 1

I buy most of my wine on Grays and simply add the on-costs and divide by 12 to get the per bottle price. Still get some great bargains. If I don't like the wine, I send it back, as per their terms.

The buyers premium is simply Gray's margin. Probably less than most retail outlets.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolster said:

I buy most of my wine on Grays and simply add the on-costs and divide by 12 to get the per bottle price. Still get some great bargains. If I don't like the wine, I send it back, as per their terms.

The buyers premium is simply Gray's margin. Probably less than most retail outlets.

few people do use this, they are a clearing house ultimately and there are good bargains.... as there are not so good. just matter of picking them I guess :)

SO i see the NAD M12 sells here here for $5995 and thats discounted from RRP. On eBay the lowest is $5249 and its an ex demo unit. Not sure if they actually sell for much less??

SO i think getting a M12 at $2282 (after adding all the fees of 17.5% and $45 postage.) is a good deal, right?

I just want someone to let me know if its good, don't want to be like Jventer who lost $1000. :(

Edited by Bruno28

20 minutes ago, Bruno28 said:

SO i see the NAD M12 sells here here for $5995 and thats discounted from RRP. On eBay the lowest is $5249 and its an ex demo unit. Not sure if they actually sell for much less??

SO i think getting a M12 at $2282 (after adding all the fees of 17.5% and $45 postage.) is a good deal, right?

I just want someone to let me know if its good, don't want to be like Jventer who lost $1000. :(

Why do you need someone to tell you if you got a good deal or not?  You're either happy with the product you bought vs the cash you handed over, or you're not.  I wouldnt worry if anyone else thinks it's a good deal...

• Like 1

NAD is changing distributors, these were all demo units owned by the distributor.

Just be aware that there wasn't any warranty with these, however there looks to be some items that went for a steal, others went way too high & some as it looks didn't meet the reserve.

Why do you need someone to tell you if you got a good deal or not?  You're either happy with the product you bought vs the cash you handed over, or you're not.  I wouldnt worry if anyone else thinks it's a good deal...

Yes I know but there was so many comments saying that they put high rrp on the description to make you think you're getting a bargain. And it freaked me out that I was paying more than what it's worth.
Someone mentioned it should be 1/3 of the rrp for it to be a good deal.

NAD is changing distributors, these were all demo units owned by the distributor.

Just be aware that there wasn't any warranty with these, however there looks to be some items that went for a steal, others went way too high & some as it looks didn't meet the reserve.

Well in the description of condition it didn't say it was demo or used as it should if it was. It says it was brand new but take out of the box to take photos only.

2 minutes ago, Bruno28 said:

Well in the description of condition it didn't say it was demo or used as it should if it was. It says it was brand new but take out of the box to take photos only.

Even if they were new, there was no warranty which you have to take into account. That's one of the main reason people by new is for that peace of mind (and also one of the reason why prices are much higher new)

Edited by rock

Even if they were new, there was no warranty which you have to take into account. That's one of the main reason people by new is for that peace of mind (and also one of the reason why prices are much higher new)

Doesn't Australian consumer law mean that electronic devices must have warranty as long as it's a business and not private sale?

Just now, Bruno28 said:

Doesn't Australian consumer law mean that electronic devices must have warranty as long as it's a business and not private sale?

Im pretty sure that consumer rights that we're familiar with don't apply to auctions though.

4 minutes ago, Bruno28 said:

3 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Im pretty sure that consumer rights that we're familiar with don't apply to auctions though.

It's part of what Kaynin said. In an auction they do not need to provide warranty, however they still need to provide the product that is described, has all the features etc. These were all sold as is without any warranty, and due to it being an auction they're allowed to do this.

If you purchase an item through the 'buy now' function, then normal consumer rights laws take effect as it is the same as any other normal purchase and not an auction.

• Like 1

It's part of what Kaynin said. In an auction they do not need to provide warranty, however they still need to provide the product that is described, has all the features etc. These were all sold as is without any warranty, and due to it being an auction they're allowed to do this.

If you purchase an item through the 'buy now' function, then normal consumer rights laws take effect as it is the same as any other normal purchase and not an auction.

OK I researched and you're right.
But the item still needs to be fully working like it should, right? And if it's not then it can be returned.?

2 minutes ago, Bruno28 said:

But the item still needs to be fully working like it should, right? And if it's not then it can be returned.?

Yes the item needs to be in working condition if that is what the ad says.

If you bought at an auction and it was sold 'as is', then it didn't work they wouldn't be obligated to refund you.

I've bought a few things from Grays. Some have been excellent value, some so-so; and there have been many auctions where I pulled out because the pricing was getting too hot. As others have said, do some research and of course only buy what you want.

I have had no problems with the descriptions or condition of the items I have purchased.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Magicdog said:

I think you should consider why Qualify dumped NAD as a brand. 

I was service manager for a Melbourne outlet and was very glad when we dumped the brand. 

Cheap prices on crap is still crap. 

You're new here so it will take a little while to settle in.

But .. as the service manager, all you saw was the faulty units. What about the thousands of great ones?

In any case, the distributor did not "dump" the brand as you suggest. It was more a case of Lenbrook wanted to align their brands with one distributor.

Throwing around loose comments like that is not advised.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 8:59 PM, Marc said:

You're new here so it will take a little while to settle in.

But .. as the service manager, all you saw was the faulty units. What about the thousands of great ones?

In any case, the distributor did not "dump" the brand as you suggest. It was more a case of Lenbrook wanted to align their brands with one distributor.

Throwing around loose comments like that is not advised.

Qualifi's rep Dan Grozen said exactly that, and at CAV we had 100% failure rate with one particular model. No loosd comments here. 

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Which model? How many did you actually sell?

I bought a NAD Master Series DVD player.  Absolute rubbish.  It spent more time being repaired than playing movies.  The board was replaced 3 times and it still did not work.   However, my 3020 amp is still working.  The prices NAD are asking for their *new* digital products are a joke.   'From my cold dead hand', will I buy another new NAD product.........'just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2018 at 12:06 PM, peterr said:

I bought a NAD Master Series DVD player.  Absolute rubbish.  It spent more time being repaired than playing movies.  The board was replaced 3 times and it still did not work.   However, my 3020 amp is still working.  The prices NAD are asking for their *new* digital products are a joke.   'From my cold dead hand', will I buy another new NAD product.........'just my 2 cents

I'm suprised by that. I always put the master series in a different level than the standard NAD gear. I've not seen problems with them, but on the other hand, no experience with their DVD's.