Polymax Absorb XHD 100mm batts

For anyone that is interested in buying anywhere outside of NSW, if you purchase the same product as us Sydney folk (50mm XHD in BLACK), and it is manufactured to order, your orders should be paired with ours as Martini only begin manufacturing when a specific number of orders are made. For instance, if I just ordered 2 packs by myself personally, my order would just be pending until someone else makes an identical order, anywhere in Australia. The only real point of a group but is to speed up the process, or save on interstate shipping. So if you guys do place your order soon, they may all be paired.

just for interests sake here a pics of how I framed my 1200 x 600 panels (which I cut from 2400 x 1200 sheets), I used wrc 65 x 8mm & the corner blocks (on back) are 14mm thick wrc.  I just screwed all the joints and stained the timber to match my skirtings/architrves, a very amateur diy but looks OK.

attachicon.gifXHD panel front.JPGattachicon.gifXHD panel back.JPG

don't know why but the crappy iphone pics are sideways :(

More importantly, how does the room sound now? Further treatment necessary?

More importantly, how does the room sound now? Further treatment necessary?

I bought my Polymax several years ago & was my first go at dedicated treatments.  My room was quite live, think I used 5 of XHD50 2400 x 1200 sheets, some stacked and other stand-alone panels (I have different absorption on the ceiling).  Whilst I had no room measurements back then I believed the sound definitely improved in several ways.  I've since had an acoustical engineer in to advise & measure (twice) and after getting heavy curtains installed (whole back wall which was glass + side windows) and a door installed I've now removed most of the Polymax, the room had become too damped.  I still have to get some wall mounted resonators and corner Helmholtz resonators for (from memory) 70 & 40Hz room modes otherwise sounding OK (some WAF compromises :)

I will say, at least for my situation,  getting the room measured (along with informed analysis/advice) was money very well spent.  

• Like 1

UPDATE: Distributor is available. Anyone who would like to join in on purchasing 1+ pack(s) (partial packs may arranged with current buyers) of Polymax Absorb XHD 50mm batts in black please PM me. 

Price (approximation as I don't want to give the price out without consent of distributor): Approx. $350 (including GST) per pack (6 batts)

Works out at around $15 per 1200x600x50mm Acoustic Panel or $30 per 1200x600x100mm Acoustic Panel (when doubled up).

I am told Mitre10 is the place to get these in Tassie.    They're 'special order', so I don't know how they works in with manufacture wait time....   depending on how 'savy' the people at your local shop are, you will probably need to already have the right product code (call CSR Martini - they were very helpful)

Does anyone know how I can get some in Adelaide?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I don't believe there are any places that actually stock Martini's Absorb products, as there are simply too many variants. Therefore it doesn't really matter where you buy it from, because it will have to be manufactured in Sydney anyway and shipped to your location. My advice would be to find the cheapest distributor in Australia and go with that. 

My group buy has now fulfilled the minimum order quantity and should be starting manufacturing in the next few days, but if you place an order for the same product as us you may be put with our order. Just a thought.

Thanks Callum. I don't need a full pack. I want to make a few movable panels that can be placed for listening then stored. Maybe someone else in Adelaide would like to split a pack if I can find a local distributor?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ditto if anyone in Canberra is up for an order. I can make use of a pack. Trying to find someone to supply this stuff has been like trying to infiltrate the Knights Templar.

You just need to know the handshake. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You just need to know the handshake. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That and my first born :)

Seriously though, it's going to be even more of a PITA now that Bradford(csr) have bought tontine :0. It already took me about 4 months of negotiations to get my first lot of Acoustisorb3 (2nd choice to Polymax but as you say I didn't have the handshake down).

The Acoustisorb 3 cloud I built soaked up a resonance at 130hz nicely but I'm looking to bolster my corner bass trapping and make a few broadband panels and gobos.

Anyway, it shouldn't be so hard; it's almost as though they don't want anyone to buy it??!!

• Like 2

Been speaking to the Brisbane distributor, Austral Insulation. Price below is regarding Polymax Absorb XHD 100mm in Black.

They quoted for $120 including GST ($109 excluding gst was the actual figure given) per sheet with a minimum buy of 6 sheets.

Seems expensive?

Edited by kelossus

Really?

Does anyone know the rough price difference between the 100mm and 50mm? As per the first post on the thread they were quoted $62.50 per sheet of 50mm in black.

I suppose doubling the price for double the thickness does make sense.

Anyone is Brisbane like to go halves in a pack of 6 sheets. So 3 sheets of 2400x1200x100mm Absorb XHD in Black for $360.

Really?

Does anyone know the rough price difference between the 100mm and 50mm? As per the first post on the thread they were quoted $62.50 per sheet of 50mm in black.

I suppose doubling the price for double the thickness does make sense.

Anyone is Brisbane like to go halves in a pack of 6 sheets. So 3 sheets of 2400x1200x100mm Absorb XHD in Black for $360.

100mm XHD comes in packs of 3 batts at $359 in Sydney. 50mm XHD comes in packs of 6 batts at $358 in Sydney.

The mass to price ratio is the same.

Hi guys,

Thanks to this thread, I now have a dozen 50mm Polymax batts spread around my listening room.  Bodgie installation at this stage so looking to tidy it up.

Does anyone know of a better (neater) way to cut it than using a Stanley trimmer?

Anyone tried glueing it...a glue that works?

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Thanks to this thread, I now have a dozen 50mm Polymax batts spread around my listening room.  Bodgie installation at this stage so looking to tidy it up.

Does anyone know of a better (neater) way to cut it than using a Stanley trimmer?

Anyone tried glueing it...a glue that works?

Cheers

Excellent! :)

I've still gotta pick mine up on Monday.

I'm not sure - since I haven't got it yet - how dense it is, but im sure you could get a cleaner or at least more consistent cut with an electric knife. If it's super rigid you may even be able to set up a guide with wood and cut it with a circular saw or something similar.

Not sure, maybe one of the guys who's already got it will have a better idea.