My main system

• 1 month later...

You look like you're well on your way @@blybo. Some nice gear I see from your sig ;)

I'll hopefully replace the Arcam integrated & Audiolab DAC/CD with a pre/dac in the new year. I rarely spin disc's so can reduce the box count by 1 if I get a Parasound P5 or perhaps the eagerly awaited Klein Pre/Dac

• 2 years later...

an ultra sonic is worth its weight in beer. Total cost is around 500-600 once you get an electric spinner.

Nasty piece of fluff on your stylus btw, they make for terrible sound.

Nice setup other wise

• 4 months later...

Great setup mate. How is it all going now? Think I read that you were changing things up...

The Project RPM 5 really is good especially for what you can get them for used. I think it is what I want eventually with an Ortofon Bronze :)

52 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

Great setup mate. How is it all going now? Think I read that you were changing things up...

The Project RPM 5 really is good especially for what you can get them for used. I think it is what I want eventually with an Ortofon Bronze :)

Hi Dan. Things have changed a little in the past 6 months. I'm still running 3 systems in the lounge room.

1. Project RPM5.1 (AT150mlx, speedbox) + Plinius CD101--->Plinius 9200 amp--->PMCTB2S+ via RG213/U cables.

2. Cambridge Audio CNX Pre-amp/Network Streamer--->Exposure XXVIII Classic Power Amp--->Dynaudio DM3/7 via RG213/U cables...(hooked up to a 6Tb NAS)

3. Myryad Z114 cd player--->Sansui AU-4900 amp--->Usher S-520 via standard copper 14awg.

I've come to a bit of a stand still atm. I put bass traps in and some wall treatment however just can't get things to sound right. I don't know why but the bass has dropped in the pmc's and Dyns (but not the Ushers). I thought it must be the bass traps however when I remove them it makes no difference. 

PMC's and Dyns are rear ported while the Ushers are front ported. There's just not something right. It's not good because I have lost a bit of interest in listening to anything because of frustration. I've had a bit of a chin wag with @Cafad (Jeff) as I do and am going to try changing the RG213's to something different.

So I guess I'm going to have to stop feeling sorry for myself, get off my bum and try to fix one step at a time.

Very cool having 3 systems in the 1 room. Bet they all sound very different.

Hmm that would be frustrating and enough to put you off. I had never had an issue with mine until recently and it stopped me listening for a while.

Hopefully it is something as simple as cable. Was the room treatment the only change when the sound changed? Sorry, sure you've been through all the possibilities already.

Hang in there Blake.  I've been in that "Something is not quite right but I'll be stuffed if I can figure out what." situation more than a few times.  Sometimes it takes minutes to sort and sometimes it takes weeks but it always ends up being sorted.  And I mean always!

• Like 2