My New Friends

Awesome Tax. Does Neville have the DAC as well?
Thanks TT!

No, he has the 2 stack EMM Labs Meitner rig

When are the monoblocks arriving? :D
Santa says I haven't earned my next X'Mas present...lol Edited by Tax

Sounded good before tax must be great now

Thanks!

Waiting to hear and see what mischief you have been up to.

I know something BIG is happening around your system.

Come over sometime.

Time to open another bottle of red or two.

Hi TaxMight post a few pics of my own in a week or two !Must make a date for that red and a listen to what must be a great digital front end hows the 20th works for you?W

Let's pencil in the 20th.

Call me next week to confirm.

A couple of weeks ago I was moving equipment around in my system when I reliased that one of my phono cables was unsheilded, so I started thinking about what I had in the parts bin when I realised there was a pair of Audio Note Sogon unterminated and a pair of Bocchino audio bare Brenda's. so the itch began and I contacted Krispy for a Furutech straight DIN phono but unfortunately he was out of stock, so was the importer. Over to Lovetube and in the mail arrived an 1877 phono DIN connector..then I stewed for a week playing with the new DAC and thinking are the Sogon is too much work to solder on to those miniscule DIN pins, can't be that much better blah blah excuses...

Well today I took the bull (cables, connectors) by the horns and vola..now listening to the Sogon insitu between the tonearm and step up. Soundstage has opened up, more tone, more everything, ease flow blah..only down side is that cable should not be this expensive.. BTW  I can prove sonic differences by ear (yes, your ears too!) in my system by changing a 50CM interconnect, so let's not go there.

I think it was an afternoon well spent tinkering around..heres a photo of the work bench and another of the the final outcome.

post-104400-0-46258600-1357969171_thumb.

post-104400-0-69432000-1357969298_thumb.

A couple of weeks ago I was moving equipment around in my system when I reliased that one of my phono cables was unsheilded, so I started thinking about what I had in the parts bin when I realised there was a pair of Audio Note Sogon unterminated and a pair of Bocchino audio bare Brenda's. so the itch began and I contacted Krispy for a Furutech straight DIN phono but unfortunately he was out of stock, so was the importer. Over to Lovetube and in the mail arrived an 1877 phono DIN connector..then I stewed for a week playing with the new DAC and thinking are the Sogon is too much work to solder on to those miniscule DIN pins, can't be that much better blah blah excuses...

Well today I took the bull (cables, connectors) by the horns and vola..now listening to the Sogon insitu between the tonearm and step up. Soundstage has opened up, more tone, more everything, ease flow blah..only down side is that cable should not be this expensive.. BTW  I can prove sonic differences by ear (yes, your ears too!) in my system by changing a 50CM interconnect, so let's not go there.

I think it was an afternoon well spent tinkering around..heres a photo of the work bench and another of the the final outcome.

Tak.

nice to see you have it done. remember 50cm is always better than 100cm when it come to phono signal . so this shorter cable alone already an upgrade over your other long cable .

enjoy

Duc

PS: your work bench cleaner than mine :D

Tak.

nice to see you have it done. remember 50cm is always better than 100cm when it come to phono signal . so this shorter cable alone already an upgrade over your other long cable .

enjoy

Duc

PS: your work bench cleaner than mine :D

Thanks Duc!

Having lot's of fun with the new cable.

The 1877 DIN plug is very nice.

The new cable is 25cm.

Finally put the pieces of AN Sogon to good use. They were lying in a drawer for the last 2-3 years.

Enjoyed lunch and a great afternoon listening to tunes at KramerEd's place today. Krispy of Krispy cables fame was also in attendance with some goodies that EK will review in his day job.

Here are some photos via iPad (silly me forgot to take a decent camera :( )

Thanks Ed! and good to see you again Krispy!

post-104400-0-03504000-1358673736_thumb.

post-104400-0-39620300-1358673745_thumb.

post-104400-0-34739700-1358673755_thumb.

Edited by Tax

I did omit mentioning that one of the advantages of visiting a audio reviewer is that one gets to come home with goodies to try. I borrowed some cables from this big war chest of cables that Ed has. Under evaluation in my system are the Cerious Technologies Liquid Ceramic interconnects which apparently take approx 3 days to form and settle each time they are moved.

I did omit mentioning that one of the advantages of visiting a audio reviewer is that one gets to come home with goodies to try. I borrowed some cables from this big war chest of cables that Ed has. Under evaluation in my system are the Cerious Technologies Liquid Ceramic interconnects which apparently take approx 3 days to form and settle each time they are moved.

I am awaiting my turn about easter time on my system,i hope they are nfg :P 

I'm interested to hear your feedback on those Tax, the science sounds interesting hey.
Very silent background, good focus, good 3D.

In my system i thought there was a slight embellishing of the 100Hz to 300Hz which was a bit too much of a good thing given my 300B's.

Would suit a solid state or leaner sounding power tube quite well.

Edited by Tax

Now here is the surprise package!

Pat from WAR Audio was kind enough to send me the Oyaide Tunami Terzo IC's and the DB510 BNC digital cable to trial.

The Terzo IC's are the one's to get. They will put some cables costing thousands of $$ on notice.

Speed, sound staging, focus, lower noise floor, superb balance right through out the frequency range.

Before spending $$ try these!

post-104400-0-75808100-1359257725_thumb.

Edited by Tax