My New Friends

Now here is the surprise package!

Pat from WAR Audio was kind enough to send me the Oyaide Tunami Terzo IC's and the DB510 BNC digital cable to trial.

The Terzo IC's are the one's to get. They will put some cables costing thousands of $$ on notice.

Speed, sound staging, focus, lower noise floor, superb balance right through out the frequency range.

Before spending $$ try these!

I might try them in the future pat not far from me 

• 1 month later...

Shigaraki Transport and DAC now sold to a fellow SNA member. It has found a good home :thumb:

Got myself a vintage TEAC transport. Built like a tank. Changed the RCA digital out to a BNC and here we go :D

post-104400-0-07902800-1362806680_thumb.

Hi Tax

I have subscribed via Kick Starter. Can't wait for all the info from Jim.

Also I just got myself a Miyabi Standard as well. Look forward to comparing it with my Lyra Kleos. From memory you had a Skyla a while ago.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tax" data-cid="837769" data-time="1359708073"><p>

An interesting article by Jim Smith re the "Sound Barrier" <br />

<br />

Linked here with his permission through his Quarter Notes newsletter <br />

<br />

<a href='http://getbettersound.com/quarternotesv3i4.html'>http://getbettersound.com/quarternotesv3i4.html</a></p></blockquote>

Shigaraki Transport and DAC now sold to a fellow SNA member. It has found a good home :thumb:

Got myself a vintage TEAC transport. Built like a tank. Changed the RCA digital out to a BNC and here we go :D

Certainly tank like. Any plan to upgrade the transport down the track? Clock?

Hi Tax

I have subscribed via Kick Starter. Can't wait for all the info from Jim.

Also I just got myself a Miyabi Standard as well. Look forward to comparing it with my Lyra Kleos. From memory you had a Skyla a while ago.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tax" data-cid="837769" data-time="1359708073"><p>

An interesting article by Jim Smith re the "Sound Barrier" <br />

<br />

Linked here with his permission through his Quarter Notes newsletter <br />

<br />

<a href='http://getbettersound.com/quarternotesv3i4.html'>http://getbettersound.com/quarternotesv3i4.html</a></p></blockquote>

Congrats on the Miyabi!

Yes, my previous Skala is spinning happily in New York.

That's my Dream CD spinner... Yum.

Congratulations

M

Certainly tank like. Any plan to upgrade the transport down the track? Clock?

Hi Jaspert,

Still uncertain about the clock for the Teac transport as the CF DAC handles things with ease.

Hoping to get ViC and Edgar come over for a listen and then decide whether it is required.

I did however tweak the transport by replacing the RCA digital out with a BNC and also Dynamat'ting the VRDS bridge and the clamp. Made a BIG difference :-)

Rest of the transport is stock

First photo is that a spy camera tax?  

Nah! I put the sony digital camera in between the speaker drivers.

I do have offsite 24/7 back to base recording cameras now installed in that room and around the house :D

Come on Tax. A bit short on details....... :P

Cohesive portrayal of the recorded event. No particular area stands out as it linear through the spectrum. You just sit there paying attention to the music and what the artist/s is/are trying to do or evoke rather than whether you are getting better bass, treble or midrange.

Good localisation of voices and instruments, stage depth, width and height. Very very close to the Lyra Olympos when set up right on the FR-66s.

I will try and evaluate more this weekend, as I have not played it since my initial listen last Saturday. One of these rare cartridges is available through a collector if you are interested.

• Like 1

Cohesive portrayal of the recorded event. No particular area stands out as it linear through the spectrum. You just sit there paying attention to the music and what the artist/s is/are trying to do or evoke rather than whether you are getting better bass, treble or midrange.

Good localisation of voices and instruments, stage depth, width and height. Very very close to the Lyra Olympos when set up right on the FR-66s.

I will try and evaluate more this weekend, as I have not played it since my initial listen last Saturday. One of these rare cartridges is available through a collector if you are interested.

High praise indeed. Thanks for the more in depth impression. Happy listening.

• 2 weeks later...