McChanson marzE 300B Amp++ in Mono Blocks

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a pair of used "McChanson marzE 300B Amp++ in Mono Blocks" from eBay and I have to say that I am very impressed!

The built quality was better than I have expected from looking at the photos on the ebay ad. The sound was very good too. I particularly love the mids and vocal that the blocks produce with my full range Fostex FE206En. I was initially worried that they will sound thin with not much bass, but to my surprise the bass was very good.

I have been having conversation with the maker "Eric" asking him LOTS of questions regarding biasing and rolling the tubes. I am very amazed with his replies. Even though I didn't buy the blocks from him, he has always been very patient and replies all my questions in very short times. I think I probably have sent him close to 50 emails now... Still no sign of frustration or annoyance from him lol.... What a true, patient gentleman.

Anyways, for those of you wondering about Eric's products, I highly recommend them! The quality of sound you pay for with a fraction of the price compared to many other more expensive products is a no brainer! The quality of service you get is also the BEST I've ever come acrossed so far from any private amp maker/seller.

I'm going to get a new amp he's making recently, which is a 2w amp with 3 different functions:

1. LINE Pre

2. Headphone amps

3. 2w amp

Can't wait! ;)

Anyone else got nay thoughts about Eric's products?

Cheers

post-143254-0-84578100-1442139598_thumb.

post-143254-0-52888200-1442139608_thumb.

post-143254-0-08965700-1442139618_thumb.

post-143254-0-87551500-1442139627_thumb.

Edited by DMax
  • Like 3

I do have to hand it too him, Eric is a very, very nice person and a pleasure to order from and deal with.

Personally, the 2A3 amps I bought from him did not live up to my expectations, however, they were cheap and expectations differ from person to person.

You can't go wrong ordering from Eric if you like his amps.

• Like 2

Good summary, I also use hos amps, and tried many of his amps. He is good man! Lucky he is in Sydney, I constantly email him, even not related to his amp but just tubes questions, and he is happy to have a chat.

If you match his amps well with your setup, change a few parts, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Good summary, I also use hos amps, and tried many of his amps. He is good man! Lucky he is in Sydney, I constantly email him, even not related to his amp but just tubes questions, and he is happy to have a chat.

If you match his amps well with your setup, change a few parts, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah you're like your're in Sydney. I would go to his house so often if I was living in Sydney :P

Earle Weston :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would he get up early in the morning (4am) so it's quite enough to fine tune the sound of the amp?

Eric was up at around 4am to fine tune the new amp that I'm getting from him. He said at that time it is quite enough to fine tune the sound to eliminate the hum to the minimal ;)

That guy is a 100 percent dedicated man.... Very efficient with the build and mods.

• Volunteer

Would he get up early in the morning (4am) so it's quite enough to fine tune the sound of the amp?

Eric was up at around 4am to fine tune the new amp that I'm getting from him. He said at that time it is quite enough to fine tune the sound to eliminate the hum to the minimal ;)

That guy is a 100 percent dedicated man.... Very efficient with the build and mods.

Yeah but Earle coats all of his transformers in the finest bacon fat... I bet Eric can't top that :) 

• Like 1

Yeah but Earle coats all of his transformers in the finest bacon fat... I bet Eric can't top that :)

Ya know there's arguably Sydney's best peking duck resto right across from Eric's home. I guess that would make bacon fat pedestrian....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to plugged my HD800 which I have not listened to for a while into these bad boys and the sound really surprised me.

It got rid off the slight harshness I have experienced before with other amps without effecting the amazing stage and details that I love from the HD800.

The midrange and vocal of the HD800 were very lush and enjoyable.

Wow..good job Eric! :)

Eidt* They apired really really well with the Audeze XC also...they really made the vocals shine!

Looks like I will be using these as my main headphone amp (overkill?!) LOL

Edited by DMax

Im preaching this around but if you havent try some isolation device his amps really shine with those.

I thought you said I didn't need them because my monoblocks have all the upgrades parts included.?

I thought you said I didn't need them because my monoblocks have all the upgrades parts included.?

That was my take at the time but having lived with new amps from Eric with upgrade parts I've come to realise how it still applies. I guess thats what happens with valve amps particularly.