iphone 6/S

I went shopping yesterday, plenty of iPhone 6's around, but no 6+, although I did get to play with both models, and decided the 6 was big enough.

Went into 4 different shops until I got a deal on a couple of Apple products (it was handy Apple had a rep at the store), and all done and dusted in no time :)

Here's a 6, heard a lot of comments at the Apple store in Chadstone; the 6+ is to big, rather the 6. Nice phone, wish I could have 1. Me think I'm a converted fanboy....

Apologies to Apple haters! :)

Ok, having the 6 in my hot little hand, I can safely declare the iPhone 4 is a modern day brick...:)

post-118179-0-69895700-1411276190_thumb.

post-118179-0-86800200-1411276215_thumb.

Edited by pchan

I had a quick read of this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1784043&page=3

and had to laugh at post #57 and how rude it was.  

That's crap support from Apple, but I already knew that they provided crap support based on extensive past experience.  

NO thank you Apple, I'll stick to my Samsung Galaxy S4 and AK120 II, this lad isn't an iSheeple.

Why on earth would anyone line up for a phone? A bloody stinking phone!?

Just.....why.

I have a 4. It makes phone calls and takes pictures. And I can look at websites on it if I get desperate.

My missus has one of those huge Samsung things, it's like a bloody ipad in size. I don't get that either. Must be an old fart.

lol Jake, this made my day.  Bloody awesome post mate.  Right with you on your thoughts.  Apple users are the most brainwashed consumer users in the world imho.  They'd jump off the harbour bridge without a 2nd thought if Apple asked them to.  

baaa baaa  baaaa

• Like 2

I had a quick read of this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1784043&page=3

and had to laugh at post #57 and how rude it was.  

That's crap support from Apple, but I already knew that they provided crap support based on extensive past experience.  

NO thank you Apple, I'll stick to my Samsung Galaxy S4 and AK120 II, this lad isn't an iSheeple.

SC Medic is "Apple"? He may be rude - but he's completely right. I pity most countries which don't have an Apple Store but having one nearby sure helps tremendously. Not because the Geniuses are technically very good but the overall customer service is something I have not seen in any third party (or first party) repair centres from Nokia, Samsung, Motorola et al.

Just pop down an Apple Store - show them the unit and chances are it will get sorted in an hour. We went down today to the local Apple Store to get my wife's iPhone 5 battery replacement done - no appointment made and it was sorted in about an hour. Ditto with my out of warranty MagSafe 2 charger on my MBP Retina. 

Iphone 6 is cheap. with ther 16 gb verson at $869 upfront and increases to 128gb for $1,129.

Iphone 6 plus starts at $999 and ends at $1,249.

How is that CHEAP?

It's a phone.....

Also, the price difference for a couple of more GB is a ripoff.

:mellow:

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

SC Medic is "Apple"? He may be rude - but he's completely right. I pity most countries which don't have an Apple Store but having one nearby sure helps tremendously. Not because the Geniuses are technically very good but the overall customer service is something I have not seen in any third party (or first party) repair centres from Nokia, Samsung, Motorola et al.

Just pop down an Apple Store - show them the unit and chances are it will get sorted in an hour. We went down today to the local Apple Store to get my wife's iPhone 5 battery replacement done - no appointment made and it was sorted in about an hour. Ditto with my out of warranty MagSafe 2 charger on my MBP Retina. 

I didn't say SC medic was from Apple support.  

My comment on Apple support was on post #56 and his story.  

1) he bought the phone from AT&T and they should have been responsible to replace it as a DOA unit, since that was the place of purchase.  Of course, the US has complete disdain for the consumer and SFA rights.  But that's what happens when you have a government that serves business and not the people.

2) having to pay a service fee for a DOA unit is absolutely shameful.  Again, that's something that wouldn't happen in Australia, because it would be illegal for a manufacturer to try that BS here.

And sorry, but my experiences with Apple have been far from desirable.  I'll never buy another Apple product again.  That's how much I dislike the company.

I didn't say SC medic was from Apple support.

My comment on Apple support was on post #56 and his story.

1) he bought the phone from AT&T and they should have been responsible to replace it as a DOA unit, since that was the place of purchase. Of course, the US has complete disdain for the consumer and SFA rights. But that's what happens when you have a government that serves business and not the people.

2) having to pay a service fee for a DOA unit is absolutely shameful. Again, that's something that wouldn't happen in Australia, because it would be illegal for a manufacturer to try that BS here.

And sorry, but my experiences with Apple have been far from desirable. I'll never buy another Apple product again. That's how much I dislike the company.

Read the other comments. He was doing it over the phone. They said they'd ship him a new one and asked for a credit card to hold the charge. It's normal practice - in case he doesn't ship back his DOA phone. Which is why they asked him to go back to Apple Store. Where they'd replace 1:1. No charge. As you requested.

Iphone 6 is a capable phone, has a good resale  price (highest amongst smart phones), and is the phone of choice by young women and men.

So what's the problem?

4 million sold without even demo! Definitely a phone of choice, funny enough that the Chinese are paying huge amounts to get there hands on one.

Expensive, yes it is, you are only a few hundred dollars of from the bottom of the range mac book air, but you be silly enough to only get the 16gb knowing OS8 requires under 6gb to operate. However well worth the price, I can't live without one,it's an office in the palm of your hand, and it integrates well with all the other Apple devices. All the OS upgrades are free adding new features all the time. Service support is global and if you pick up any Apple device it's beautifully made, quality control is tight and nothing I know comes near it. I'm just luck, my ip4 has lasted me and is still going after 4yrs and I have not had an issue with any of my other Apple devices!

It's a lifestyle. Ever seen hot women with crappy phones?

Iphone 6 is the phone of choice by young women and men.

4 million sold without even demo!

I can't live without one

any Apple device it's beautifully made

All very VERY convincing reasons for paying >$1000 for about $250 worth of electronic components tucked in behind a piece of glass.

:)

Of course they sold 4 million without a demo.

It's Apple.

(They saved a few $$$ on not doing a huge promo run with this one as well)

They could release "iPhone Mini" tomorrow with smaller screen, less features and a choice of two colours and people would kill their grandmother to get one.

:lol:

I'll wait until iPhone 8 is out and will pick up a 6 for $200.

;)

4 million sold without even demo! Definitely a phone of choice, funny enough that the Chinese are paying huge amounts to get there hands on one.

Expensive, yes it is, you are only a few hundred dollars of from the bottom of the range mac book air, but you be silly enough to only get the 16gb knowing OS8 requires under 6gb to operate. However well worth the price, I can't live without one,it's an office in the palm of your hand, and it integrates well with all the other Apple devices. All the OS upgrades are free adding new features all the time. Service support is global and if you pick up any Apple device it's beautifully made, quality control is tight and nothing I know comes near it. I'm just luck, my ip4 has lasted me and is still going after 4yrs and I have not had an issue with any of my other Apple devices!

I do hope you're not gone completely paperless? :)

• Like 5

@

You getting the Apple Watch as well?

I repair copiers for a living, love my job but it's future is doomed, paper usage world wide has declined and companies like Fuji Xerox had retrenched 70 personnel last year and are schedule to retrenched another 40. Ricoh/Lanier merge has just retrenched over 100 personnel during the integration and it's not looking too good. So no, I won't be getting any flash toys soon, but I can't wear a watch, I get an allergic reaction to any watch I wear.

Has anyone tried the bend test on their i phone 6?

There's a rather long video here where some typical selfproclaimed internet expert babbles on about it.

Skip to about the 1:20 mark unless you're interested in the detailed description of how he came up with the ida, took the phone out of his pocket, looked at it blah blah.

https://bgr.com/2014/09/23/does-the-iphone-6-plus-really-bend/

:)

Then he goes on for another two minutes talking about the fact that "aloominum" is soft.

^_^