What did Santa bring you? Pics please ๐Ÿ™

Young bloke got me an album (superb album btw ( good pun there))

7B821D72-DF29-4268-B3EB-CAC7E08BF635.thumb.jpeg.e8b24a0311badbc60dadc99a7496f9e7.jpeg

Daughter got me wine goblets for camping which unfortunately broke on our end of year camp (i felt so bad). You can see my messy attempt at welding the very thin stainless bottoms with a stick welder as I donโ€™t have stainless wire for my MIG.

D0438181-02B8-4CB5-AA43-03B79B5229D0.thumb.jpeg.78f19929ddcd8d60bab0a83f2fee0b36.jpeg

All the best for 2023 all.

Russ

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rustee said:

Young bloke got me an album (superb album btw ( good pun there))

7B821D72-DF29-4268-B3EB-CAC7E08BF635.thumb.jpeg.e8b24a0311badbc60dadc99a7496f9e7.jpeg

Daughter got me wine goblets for camping which unfortunately broke on our end of year camp (i felt so bad). You can see my messy attempt at welding the very thin stainless bottoms with a stick welder as I donโ€™t have stainless wire for my MIG.

D0438181-02B8-4CB5-AA43-03B79B5229D0.thumb.jpeg.78f19929ddcd8d60bab0a83f2fee0b36.jpeg

All the best for 2023 all.

Russ

Very "rustic" repair, but great that you managed to salvage them! Stick welding of thin stainless is extremely difficult. I tried it a few years ago and ended up with more holes than weld! Switched to argon gas and stainless wire on the Mig in the end. Nowadays I have a nice AC/DC pulse TIG machine in my workshop which sees a fair bit of use on various projects.

• Love 1

On 26/12/2022 at 12:03 PM, SonicArt said:

Christmas brought me a little time and most importantly motivation! Took the poor old Sumo off the shelf of shame, only been there 5 years :Dย  Stripped it down and started the fault finding process, found a shorted rectumfrier in the main power supply, had blown apart one of the original small bias circuit supply caps. Luckily had not damaged the amp modules or the unobtainium Sanken 2SC1831 transistors!

Rebuilt the power supply with all new rectifiers, Pana FC caps in the bias supply, some cardas RCA to finally replace the old factory ones, and she is singing like a SUMO again!ย  a most satisfying xmas present to be sure...

SUMO_NINE_rebuilt_sm.jpg

What a GAS๐Ÿ˜ย Great little amp.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the fat man in the red suit finally delivered a month late:

ย 

20230131_190312.thumb.jpg.86ca92e11651218aad06f74e17317256.jpg

ย 

Hydrovane HV02 2.2 kW 10 bar single phase rotary vane compressor. Excuse the ghetto wooden blocks and folded paper - levelling feet on the way. My floor isn't as level as I thought it was. The blocks helped me gauge the length of M14 stud needed on the levelling feet to make it easier to open the condensate drain valve.

ย 

It will be used extensively in air-powered sanding on my Poor Man's Strad speaker build and for plasma cutting and finishing the 5 mm thick 304 SS plinths, plus a whole host of other stuff.

ย 

Cost me more than a nearly new Benchmark AHB2 ๐Ÿ™ƒ, though to be fair, the control panel (contactors, 24V control transformer and Danfoss pressure switch) is worth more than the cheap piston compressors this baby replaced, it has a proper industrial WEG motor and it's so frikkin quiet ๐Ÿคซย  that my hearing will thank me in the future!

• Like 4

On 08/01/2023 at 7:38 AM, The Mad Scientist said:

Santa's a little late due to supply chain problems. This will be used extensively on my latest speaker build project:

ย 

HV02PURS.jpg.6467415bf4ce147449923397e55c03ab.jpg

ย 

Never thought I'd spend ยฃ3k on an air compressor, but @ 69dB(A) vs the 95dB(A) of my current piston compressors and less than 3ppm of oil in the discharge air vs the ridiculous amount of oil spew I currently see , it was a no-brainer.ย  With an air-end lifespan of >100,000 hours, the Mrs. will realise its ultra-low depreciation second hand value when the Grim Reaper finally comes to collect my soul......

ย 

ย 

ย 

Nice.ย :thumb:ย  At 3,000 quid she ain't cheap but if you want quality you have to pay for it.ย  Some may argue that a much cheaper compressor is good enough but most professionals will tell you that oil contamination in your spray finish can really ruin your day, not to mention the cost of rectifying that issue and having to apply a new finish.ย  IMHO a good buy and something I'd give serious consideration to if I was doing the same.ย ย 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Mad Scientist said:

Well, the fat man in the red suit finally delivered a month late:

ย 

20230131_190312.thumb.jpg.86ca92e11651218aad06f74e17317256.jpg

ย 

Hydrovane HV02 2.2 kW 10 bar single phase rotary vane compressor. Excuse the ghetto wooden blocks and folded paper - levelling feet on the way. My floor isn't as level as I thought it was. The blocks helped me gauge the length of M14 stud needed on the levelling feet to make it easier to open the condensate drain valve.

ย 

It will be used extensively in air-powered sanding on my Poor Man's Strad speaker build and for plasma cutting and finishing the 5 mm thick 304 SS plinths, plus a whole host of other stuff.

ย 

Cost me more than a nearly new Benchmark AHB2 ๐Ÿ™ƒ, though to be fair, the control panel (contactors, 24V control transformer and Danfoss pressure switch) is worth more than the cheap piston compressors this baby replaced, it has a proper industrial WEG motor and it's so frikkin quiet ๐Ÿคซย  that my hearing will thank me in the future!

Does it do HiRes?

• Haha 1

Santa got me this so I can practice and jam without lugging the combo around.

Wife got me a nice case for it.

Spare strap I had was a bit short because someone had shortened the tail, so I did some leatherwork last weekend and made a longer tail for it.ย  Now all ready to go.

TWJAB__41377.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2023 at 8:38 AM, Pim said:

This is not a photo of my new JH Audio Sharona custom in ears. It's a computer generation of the ones I ordered.ย 

My ear impressions have been stuck in US Customs for over a month now, so I'm guessing these will eventually be delivered by the Easter Bunny :(

My Sharonas.png

ย 

Well, not quite...

ย 

Easter.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pim said:

ย 

Well, not quite...

ย 

Easter.jpeg

you have currants and sultanas in your ears?

ย 

Edit: I think hot cross buns were on sale in early January anyway LOL

Edited by bob_m_54
extra

10 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

you have currants and sultanas in your ears?

ย 

Edit: I think hot cross buns were on sale in early January anyway LOL

Nothing wrong with a Hot Cross bun. I reckon they should be sold all year round.

BTW, with these IEMs in your ears, there's no room for currants, sultanas or anything else. These things are huge!