New Kickstarter for Jerome Sabbagh AAA "Vintage"!

Hello everyone,

A few years ago, I got some support on this board for my Kickstarters for “No Filter” and "The Turn" so I wanted to let you all know about a new all analog project I am fundraising for: a quartet record with jazz legend Kenny Barron, Joe Martin and Johnathan Blake.

This new album is a mix of compositions of mine and standards. There are some duets between Kenny Barron and I, and some quartet tracks. The album was recorded to multitrack tape by Ryan Streber at Oktaven Audio, and mixed at Brooklyn Recording by Pete Rende on a custom all tube 1/2 inch Ampex 351 tape machine that was painstakingly converted to half inch 30ips operation by some of the best techs in the US. That process took over two years but the machine sounds fantastic and I'm planning on using it for many more records in the future. Bernie Grundman will do the mastering and cut the record, all analog.

The Kickstarter page is here. It has many rewards, starting with the vinyl itself, in regular or limited, numbered edition, but also including test pressings, R2R tapes, as well as high resolution downloads and CDs. The "basic" AAA 180g vinyl costs $35. 

A word about shipping: shipping is expensive, but, like we did the last couple of times, I am happy to do group shipping to one or two members in Australia if there are people who want to set up a group buy. I've set up a reward to do that on the Kickstarter: buy 10 LPs and get shipping for $7 per LP (which is the cost of shipping in the USA). I can make other arrangements if there are people interested. 

I really went all out to make this record sound great. I am very pleased with the results, musically as well as sonically, and I hope you will consider supporting this project. As before, I am happy to send members two mixed tracks at 192/24, so you can check out the music and the sound. Just let me know. 

I am happy to answer any and all questions. Thank you for your support!

Jerome Sabbagh

Edited by saxman73
clarity, add tags, spelling
  • Like 4

‘NO FILTER’ and ‘ THE TURN’ are amazing albums. . Jerome is dedicated to recording his music in a fastidious manner and ensures that the subsequent pressings on vinyl  and cd  are demo quality.

If there are any other members interested, I would be up for this.

Red Billy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

I'll have a go at this. Just need to work out what pledge to make.

I'd likely buy 2 copies and would also be interested in the previous releases. Would mean we'd be able to get a bulk order going pretty quickly if a few more jump on board.

• Like 2

That looks like 6 records already, so just 4 more needed.

There is an excellent interview with Jerome buried somewhere in the stereoNET back pages. Very interesting man. The article is also included on his website , and worth a read to understand his goals.

Red Billy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZEN MISTER said:

That looks like 6 records already, so just 4 more needed.

There is an excellent interview with Jerome buried somewhere in the stereoNET back pages. Very interesting man. The article is also included on his website , and worth a read to understand his goals.

Red Billy.

I'll take one to make it 11 ! 😬

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFCAD said:

Wonder what the greater than 10 per unit cost is? Will go with one to make it 12 if the deal can be made to work. Have Jerome's other two crowd sourced ones.

Hi everyone!

I'm following this thread with great interest. I can figure out shipping for any number of LPs over ten, so wherever the order ends up, we can work it out. I don't know exactly where the shipping cost would end up but it won't be more than $7 per LP, and maybe less, I am not sure. I can include copies of "No Filter" in the package, that's no problem, but "The Turn" is completely sold out, sorry!

Thank you for your support! Let me know when you are ready (no rush) and we can figure out details.

Jerome Sabbagh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, muriwai said:

I’m in for a cd please and also the previous 2 x cd releases as well if still available on cd?

cheers

Thank you! CDs are available for all three. $20 for "Vintage", $15 for the two other ones. 

25 minutes ago, AFCAD said:

Wonder what the greater than 10 per unit cost is? Will go with one to make it 12 if the deal can be made to work. Have Jerome's other two crowd sourced ones.

In the scheme of things, these are relatively modest quantities at a more than fair price already. 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evil c said:

In the scheme of things, these are relatively modest quantities at a more than fair price already. 😊

Yep agree, deal is very fair.

Just have had experience dealing with US orders where there is an optimum item number for a post cost before the unit price starts going up until the next optimum number is achieved...if that makes any sense at all!! 😀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, saxman73 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm following this thread with great interest. I can figure out shipping for any number of LPs over ten, so wherever the order ends up, we can work it out. I don't know exactly where the shipping cost would end up but it won't be more than $7 per LP, and maybe less, I am not sure. I can include copies of "No Filter" in the package, that's no problem, but "The Turn" is completely sold out, sorry!

Thank you for your support! Let me know when you are ready (no rush) and we can figure out details.

Jerome Sabbagh

Ok great, that's 4 for me then. 2 x Vintage and 2 x Filter :) 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, wikeeboy said:

Ok great, that's 4 for me then. 2 x Vintage and 2 x Filter :) 

On vinyl, right? Just checking. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Yes thanks. I would like two orders of this please (4 records total):

image.png.0c46a9558e7c684e9c00c71e90a3a761.png

Do i pay via your site and let you know in this thread?

I need to come up with a solution for payment, as the Kickstarter won't have the right shipping costs. Let me go through the whole thread, figure out who is ordering what exactly, and I'll post something here to get things going. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, saxman73 said:

On vinyl, right? Just checking. Thanks!

I need to come up with a solution for payment, as the Kickstarter won't have the right shipping costs. Let me go through the whole thread, figure out who is ordering what exactly, and I'll post something here to get things going. Thank you!

Ok great, i'll wait to hear from you then.

• Like 1

I looked at what everyone on the thread wrote and below is what I have (all prices in USD):

@ZEN MISTER: one LP $35 + $7 shipping = $42

@wikeeboy: 2 numbered LPs of “Vintage”, 2 numbered LPs of “No Filter” $140 + $28 shipping = $168

@kelossus: one LP $35 + $7 shipping = $42

@scuzzii: 4 LPs, $140 + $28 shipping = $168

@evil c: one LP $35 + $7 shipping = $42

@AFCAD: one LP $35 + $7 shipping = $42

@muriwai: 3 CDs (The Turn, No Filter, Vintage) $50 + $7 shipping = $57

Total = $561 including shipping.

Please everyone confirm that it's right and please let me know if it's not. If everything is correct, we can proceed with payment. My Paypal account is jerome@jeromesabbagh.com. Either one of you can send the total to me and you can figure out the rest (easier for me), or you can all pay me individually (in which case I would need everyone to identify themselves clearly when paying, so I know exactly who paid). I will need one clear address in Australia to send everything though, when the time comes. Please let me know what you prefer. 

If anyone else wants in, we can make it happen too, just let us know and write on this thread. 

Thank you all so much for your support! This board has really been amazing over the years. I really appreciate it. 

Edited by saxman73

mine is correct.

I'm happy to have them sent to me and i will distribute (at my cost).  We are spread across the place, so no one better address than another in reality.  If there is someone in Melbourne who is a better option, I'm Ok for that as well  (given i might be the only Sydney person).

Will send payment for mine now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

mine is correct.

I'm happy to have them sent to me and i will distribute (at my cost).  We are spread across the place, so no one better address than another in reality.  If there is someone in Melbourne who is a better option, I'm Ok for that as well  (given i might be the only Sydney person).

Will send payment for mine now.

OK, great! I got your payment. 

Everyone else on the thread, please go ahead and pay. You can all let me know which address is best. Whatever works for you is fine with me. Thanks for your support!