What happened to Suzy Jackson?

Monkeyboi

Not strictly a DIY topic but Suzy Jackson from Perth was a frequent and valuable contributor to the DIY sub-forum.

She published several MOSFET power amp designs here, PCB layouts, provided links to parts resources and was very generous with her expertise on DIY audio.

I recently wanted to refer back to some of her posts but alas I can't find any of her posts on SNA nor does she appear in the list of forum members.  :(

Perhaps I'm just looking in all the wrong places.  🤔

• Like 2

Wow, this is really topical, I’ve recently been chasing the various threads about Suzy’s lateral mosfet amps down rabbit holes. I’m keen to build a pair just for grins. Super talented and generous member of the audio community, not to mention sharp witted and very funny. 

I think Suzy is still active on DIY Audio, although you’re right that her excellent blog hasn’t been updated in a while? Imagine someone with such drive and range of interests is pretty busy. 

• Like 2

Is she the one that designs test equipment for a living?

Edit: there was a lady engineer on here at one point who designed test equipment and showed a transformer coupled SS design she had done.

Or is this someone else?

Edited by muon*

16 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

She’s showing as a guest in this thread. I think that means she cancelled her membership (not 100% sure though). 

Hmmm.... pity as IMHO Suzy was a great asset to these here forums.  Certainly a talent in the design department and as I alluded to earlier always happy to provide her assistance and share her knowledge.  

Thanks to @MultiplexMan for providing the link to her blog pages.  Her formula for solder flux paste is a winner.  Was thinking of making up another batch but forgot the recipe until thanks to @MultiplexMan I have rediscovered her blog pages.  :) 

• Like 1