AURALiC Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest scumbag

Guest scumbag
1 hour ago, powerav said:

Currently setting up and downloading firmware....always a nervous time and one where I think for a brief moment, I wish I was into vinyl..........nah.

I didn't know the Mini can play vinyl. Is this a new feature of V5 firmware?

So I just got home and installed the v5 firmware on my Aries LE

All I can say is wow! I wasn't expecting much difference in SQ, but I was very wrong. 

I don't go much on the upsampling (my DAC upsamples anyway and does a better job) but the Filter Mode is amazing. Recommended (from Auralic) is "smooth", but I find that "balance"is just outstanding. It completely removed the small amount of sibilance that I had and has somehow made the sound stage so much more 3 dimensional its hard to believe. Finger snaps and snare drums just jump out at you and I feel as though I could reach out and touch them. 

Access through a web browser is a breeze, but unfortunately still cant control the actual music, only adjust settings. I like where this is heading!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doomigee2 said:

So I just got home and installed the v5 firmware on my Aries LE

All I can say is wow! I wasn't expecting much difference in SQ, but I was very wrong. 

I don't go much on the upsampling (my DAC upsamples anyway and does a better job) but the Filter Mode is amazing. Recommended (from Auralic) is "smooth", but I find that "balance"is just outstanding. It completely removed the small amount of sibilance that I had and has somehow made the sound stage so much more 3 dimensional its hard to believe. Finger snaps and snare drums just jump out at you and I feel as though I could reach out and touch them. 

Access through a web browser is a breeze, but unfortunately still cant control the actual music, only adjust settings. I like where this is heading!!

This is a little contradictory on what I have been reading on the internet.

What I'am made to believe is the sound quality is inferior to version 4.

41 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Where have you seen this? I'd be interested to read that.

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

No update for me:(

Neo

Not because it's inferior, in the app it doesn't allow me yet to update. 

In regard to quality between 4&5 it's all good to read but it's better to experience for yourself. We had one in our ranks that had a positive, I'm eager to try as well. 

I personally find the auralic experience just goes from strength to strength, so why not a further improvement with firm firmware 

Neo

Edited by Neo

1 hour ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Interesting.  A definite improvement on my end :)

• Like 1

Finally got all this going, is a big task if you are using a hard drive and large collection. As far the lighting app goes all pretty good has everything I would need.

much better than musiccast or the Pioneer the ones I was previously using, I would have no need to go to roon which is great.

More importantaly though sounds great, decided to leave Dac setting on smooth for now. 

Now I just need an IPad instead of using on phone, that's going to cost 3 times what the mini was. :(

11 minutes ago, powerav said:

Finally got all this going, is a big task if you are using a hard drive and large collection. As far the lighting app goes all pretty good has everything I would need.

much better than musiccast or the Pioneer the ones I was previously using, I would have no need to go to roon which is great.

More importantaly though sounds great, decided to leave Dac setting on smooth for now. 

Now I just need an IPad instead of using on phone, that's going to cost 3 times what the mini was. :(

Have you tried the Web interface through a PC browser or your phone yet?

The only thing holding me back from getting any if the auralic products was the total reliance on an apple product to control it.

(I have a certain distaste for apple)

7 minutes ago, todagt said:

No because that is only available on firmware 5 which is not officially released yet but yes I am waiting for that as well.

21 minutes ago, todagt said:

The only thing holding me back from getting any if the auralic products was the total reliance on an apple product to control it.

Android support is on the way

Neo

Just now, Neo said:

Neo

http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/222588068-Is-Lightning-DS-available-on-Android-

Is Lightning DS available on Android?

No, AURALiC used to have an Android version of Lightning DS but soon decided to drop the support due to too many cellphone hardware specification and different manufacturer customized Android version. It is hard to maintain uniformed user experience on Android platform.

AURALiC software team is working on a HTML5 technology driven control software which is suppose to work on all platform that has modern web browser.

Guest scumbag
2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Neo

Unless you've seen a press release directly from the Auralic guys in the last little while that states that LDS will be supported on Android, I don't believe this will ever happen. When I bought my Mini, they did support Android. Then a few months later they officially dropped it and I was well pi**ed. I gave up in the end and that's why I sold my Mini. Android works, in a way. I was able to run a DLNA compliant Android app' to control the Mini but it gave me no access to any of the major functions - it was purely able to play and stop files and navigate the active library. Now that LDS has switched to a web based interface, this does open up the ability to use it on Android but you would effectively be opening a web browser on the Android device and accessing it through that. If that were the way that I was accessing LDS I'd want to get a tablet.

Good news is, Android tablets are cheap as chips. 

29 minutes ago, todagt said:

The Web interface is only able to control settings  (ie up sampler, filter, network settings etc) not control streaming.  I too hate being so reliant on the  iPad