Denon AV Owners Thread

thats one mighty fine looking avr. How big is the bloody display screen. Me thinks the HD format lightup will be nice and large.

yeah like the idea of a big display screen. nothign worse than the puny displays they put on things and squinting to read what it says from back in the listenign position.

presumably the display can be switched off too, if not after the light show !

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I want one! I have always believed in Denon AV Receivers, and I must agree that aesthetically speaking, Denon's never produced nice-looking receivers - until now! Any idea when it will lob on Australian shores?

Also, on the topic of Denon amps, check this one out. This one is in Aussie Dollars - $26,000.00. Yes, 26 Large Ones!

Check out this link:

http://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/?q=node/view/860

Very nice! I want one! I have always believed in Denon AV Receivers, and I must agree that aesthetically speaking, Denon's never produced nice-looking receivers - until now! Any idea when it will lob on Australian shores?

Also, on the topic of Denon amps, check this one out. This one is in Aussie Dollars - $26,000.00. Yes, 26 Large Ones!

Check out this link:

Hmm, they look familiar... :blink:

Check out this link:

Thats for pre and power.

Very nice unit guys, about the only logo's missing are the one's on drift and rally cars, don't know why these companies can't have all these logo's on a removable sticker, so it's there when you unpack it and if you want them fine but if you don't them you simply peel it off, suppose that would be common sense wouldn't it :blink:

The logos are for the "Fat Factor"!

Nothing on the specs that mention capability to play streaming FLAC unfortunately. Will have to wait for the official Denon release to sort that out. Was hoping I could move the squeezebox out of the "movie room" into the family room... but we will have to wait and see :blink:

We all should know late next week, early the following week on final specs.

Apparently Denon are holding a conference around that time for all the product managers around the globe.

Product range into Australia should ship Sept through to Christmas.

that's better than i expected, usually whatever the USA USD$ price is, they double it for australia in AUD$, plus a premium for the higher models

so $2500USD becomes $5000AUD$, so that's an ok price

it will still be a lot cheaper in HK :blink:

it's still a pity the amp will do audio and jpeg streaming, not any video streaming (ie from the internet or a pc HDD)

once an amp does this, with ethernet firmware updates that would be a winner imho

that's better than i expected, usually whatever the USA USD$ price is, they double it for australia in AUD$, plus a premium for the higher models

so $2500USD becomes $5000AUD$, so that's an ok price

it will still be a lot cheaper in HK :blink:

it's still a pity the amp will do audio and jpeg streaming, not any video streaming (ie from the internet or a pc HDD)

once an amp does this, with ethernet firmware updates that would be a winner imho

Yes the price in the US is $2499 so they have doubled it for here. A shame really conisdering the strength of the $.

It uses Faroudja DCDi chip, isn't that usually what a mid range unit would use? I would take the 875 over the 4308.

i noticed that also - really suprised they didnt put the Realta T2 in the 4808 and the REON in the 3808.

shame, as otherwise they look good...

It's a joke when you do the exchange

Live rates at 2007.06.11 06:53:16 UTC

2,500.00 USD

=

2,969.15 AUD

United States Dollars Australia Dollars

1 USD = 1.18766 AUD 1 AUD = 0.841991 USD

And the local importers will buy a heck of a lot lower than $A3k/unit I guarantee

Outragious really

I reckon they need some competition to make them wake up.

Asian import anyone?

And the local importers will buy a heck of a lot lower than $A3k/unit I guarantee

Outragious really

I reckon they need some competition to make them wake up.

Asian import anyone?

Speaking of which where can you import asian AVR's ??

1080i50 from your stb to 1080 display

1080p24 from your new hd player to 1080 display

Scaling is becoming a thing of the past... (ever so slowly).

To a degree, but most content I watch is still sd - hence my VP will be in use here for a few years more I reckon