What CDs have U just bought?

I second bro Landis....with the pictures, this has to be one of the best post of the year. Hahahahahahahahaha

+1.

This would be post of the year in ANY audiophile forum!!!!

The utter conviction, the research, the care and work, the time spent..... really priceless!

Yes... That's e post of e year for me too. I laughed like a nut this morn as I read it. Great pics  ;D

On a diff note, found another A-mei for $4 only

The Vanessa Amorosi has a song, Shine which is one of my most played mp3 in my iPod. Found it

Guest durianlover88

Jerome - I really SALUTE your dedication in performing the testing of the power supplies in every possible position.

Not only post of the year but post of the decade! Boy, I laughed non-stop for 2 minutes full!

Jerome - I really SALUTE your dedication in performing the testing of the power supplies in every possible position.

Not only post of the year but post of the decade! Boy, I laughed non-stop for 2 minutes full!

Actually the implications for audio is no laughing matter.

I bought the 3 pcs of kingrex psu (as the photos proved it).

1 is to power my mini compo.

2 of them are being used to power my starhub and mio tv boxes.

I am quite happy with the level of improvements they made to my tv sound. I still am.

They both sit on the tv rack next to the sat boxes they are powering

The rack sits in between a pair of speakers I am using in my living room

When I am listening to music through this second system, I have a sacd player, a pre amp, a power amp driving the speakers. The power amp sits in the rack between the speakers.

The sacd player and pre amp sits close to my seating position.

There's a 6 meter long XLR cable running between pre and power.

When I am listening to music from this 2 ch pure audio combo, the mains power supply feeding the tv, the sat boxes and these 2 kingrex psu is shut down.

for the time being, as I am not using my mini compo, and that spare kingrex psu unit is just placed on that tv rack, and not plugged in.

Now of course this thread is all about the latest cd purchases.

I am like many here is constantly buying many new or 2nd hand CDs every so often.

When we are playing new, and often unfamiliar materals, it is easy not to notice what could have gone wrong in the system.

It very easy to attribute poor sound to that latest cd, thinking that perhaps the recording/mastering/pressing is crap.

Right?

But as I was playing some familiar sacds and I noticed that the sound staging was not as fully blossomed as before, like I remember them.

On a hunch, I remove that spare kingrex, and placed in somewhere in the adjacent kitchen, far away from this audio system.

Immediately I noticed a difference.

So I unplugged the other 2 units of kingrexes and put them into the kitchen too.

Wow! I was immediately shocked by the level of changes in the soundstaging.

I brought back all 3 pcs of kingrexes and place them on the tv rack again without plugging in.

The soundstage immediately collapsed like it was before.

Removing all 3 pcs of kingrex again, I was immediately greeted by a gloriously opened and detail soundstaging that makes the music more dynamic, more at ease and more satisfying to listen to.

What are the kingrexes doing to my system....?

They were not even plugged in, they were just sitting there.

how can they affect my audio system so much like this?

The answer was that post made by the hotbird just 2 pages ago.

He was kind enough to dig out some of my previous description about a curious issue, not entirely unknown, and commonly referred to as "eddy current".

It seems that quite a few professionals in the audio circles have noticed that I'd there is some metallic objects in close proximity to any of your audio systems, they can have a very audible effect on the sound of your audio systems - including things like reduction of sound staging and hardening of timbre for voices and instrument sounds.

For this reason, some manufacturers have moved away from making audio products with metallic chassis.

And I noticed also, within Singapore itself, some people have started moving away from using hifi rack that are made of metal. Didn't your buddy also have some pure wood racks directly imported from china?

So as I said, the effect those 3 pcs of PSU have on my system's sound quality is no laughing matter.

They all contain within the metallic chassis, a big chunk of iron core that make up the transformer.

Just by being there, they changed the sound of my system quite dramatically.

If one stop to think about it, there are many implications for the average audiophiles.

If someone buys a 110v component, he'll have to use a step down transformer in his system.

That pc of iron core is going to affect his system even before it is plugged in.

If someone decides to buy a linear tracking tone arm (to solve the tracking error issues) he is going to create other problem for himself, because the motor to drive the air pump to operate the tonearm is going to generate some interference too, just by being there.

I hope everyone get the idea why I posted this.

Glad you all enjoy reading what could be a potentially a dry technical subject matter.

For now, these kingrexes are going to stay in the kitchen toilet, until I want to watch tv!!!!

I see. My oppo 83se can play lpcd 1630. Have yet to try 45.

Back to the topic of CDs.

U should check if your system plays CDRs. Even then, I've had to return 2 LPCD45 before cos my cdp could not read them. Thankfully That CD Shop was accommodating.

Back to the topic of CDs.

U should check if your system plays CDRs. Even then, I've had to return 2 LPCD45 before cos my cdp could not read them. Thankfully That CD Shop was accommodating.

Bro, you got LPCD45 or CDR to lend me?  ;D

Hehe the quickest is to burn a CDR and test. Strange thing is that it may be cd-specific. That is, the new lpcd45 that I got in return could play, suggesting that it could be the cd and not my transport.

Anyway, is this yours?  http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83se/

Seems to read the entire kitchen sink of CDs! Just make sure u buy from reputable store who can take back non playable lemons.

Hehe the quickest is to burn a CDR and test. Strange thing is that it may be cd-specific. That is, the new lpcd45 that I got in return could play, suggesting that it could be the cd and not my transport.

Anyway, is this yours?  http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83se/

Seems to read the entire kitchen sink of CDs! Just make sure u buy from reputable store who can take back non playable lemons.

Yup that is the one. Sounds like better buy from ndv or roxy. Burning is out of the qn as my PC's cd-rom drive isn't working. Thks for the advice.

Thanks for e heads up  ;)

No A-mei SACD in e world anymore so I will hoot this LPCD M2.... No fish, prawn also good  ;D

Hi web, u may try malmusic.com. Juz order d 2disc ah mei sacd n is currently on way fr canada

Got leh..

I just ordered.

http://malmusic.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=9920092SA&txtParam=&txtCat=&prev=&lang=E

Took me a while to find it tho

Thanks bro.  I did a search under "A-Mei" and it didn't appear.  The link u provided says "A Mei".... Yipppeeee!!!! Thanks to Jerome (for showing us e existence of this), Momenta (for pointing me to it's availabilty), DH (for the direct link)... I went by Canada Post Small Packets Air at $9

This is amazing man... I think e website sold 3-4 to Singaporeans just like that!!!  Let's pray e SACD is really available.  I can't believe it's still in their stock and so many some more.  Praying now...