CCTV Tech help needed

After losing 3 ladders and my window cleaning equipment two days ago,  have found my existing security cameras inadequate!

My Tree cam has failed due to corrosion, so looking for a tech who can repair and properly setup my system. 

Currently have an Alhua unit.

Would be happy to hire anyone up for the job from SNA if possible,  or recommend someone who covers around Glen Waverley area.

Ladders can be valuable, and as such, they're a somewhat popular target for thieves. It's important to store your ladder securely if you don't want to lose it.

image.png.04d540b4f3b06eb059bd96abad24b36d.png

Many people store their ladders outdoors, but that's a bad idea for several reasons - not least because it makes your ladder fairly easy to steal.

If you're keen to prevent ladder theft, follow these tips to make things as difficult as possible for robbers.

Keep your ladder in a safe place

Don't leave your ladder lying around in the garden. For one thing, exposure to the elements may damage it, but more importantly, it will be easy pickings for thieves. (And they may do more than just pinch it - an opportunistic burglar might instead use the ladder to climb through a window and gain entry to your property!)

We recommend storing your ladder in a secure location like a shed or garage, preferably one with its own lock. This will make it difficult for unauthorised personnel to get their hands on your ladder.

Invest in additional security measures

Locking your ladder in the shed when you're not using it is a good start, but there are a number of ladder security products that can make your ladder that little bit harder to steal.

Take our ladder storage hooks, for instance - one of the brackets is lockable, so even if an intruder manages to enter your shed or garage, they will struggle to remove the ladder without an additional key. The LadderLok device (pictured below) is another great option.

image.png.c919b351eda6203cc9f2d7836cc001b3.png

Make sure your ladder is identifiable

If you rely on your ladder for work, it may be worth labelling it to deter criminals.

*Those ladder locks would worth buying bud.

• Like 1

@LucUnfortunately l realize how casual l was in regard to security. 

Used to have a bike lock on the big ladder on top of trailer but haven't bothered last few years. 

All the locks have been busted off the side doors another time - ladders will be stored out of the trailer from now on,plus other exxy bits. 

What really upsets me,  is guy who stole them advertised all 3 ladders  on Marketplace- big one has sold already.

Police said takes a long time to get a search warrant and lot of other work to pursue.

And l won't get them back. 

If I was a bit younger, I'd be masquerading as a buyer with my son's to get them back - however he is a pretty bad egg apparently so not worth the risk.

I've reported him as a scammer to the site anyway.

Hi @evil c  

all good points from @Luc

many hi tech cameras on the market....  

A client I visited in Baccus Marsh runs a shop and because it’s next to pub,  he’s shop/house, backyard gets broken into regularly....  
He also has pets, that activated inferred systems, to counter react that he’s also installed basic inferred  beam sensors where his pets can’t trigger.  Works well.    What ever you decide to do do it quickly because  stats show that if they done it once they are likely to do it again!   A close friend has had his place raided 3 times after they moved in,  it stopped when they installed a security system.   

You need a dog that doesn't snore and has a bit of mongrel in it and doesn't doesn't wag it's tail at the thief#up gif from I may even title this one day... 

Hello thief come inside and scratch me and yes I like treats.

Or you get a fair dinkum guard cockatiel trained in the art of Ecky-Thump, drastic I know and it'd likely have a go at your GTG guests(I'm looking at you Doug and that beard, the bird's onto you and the stash of Scooby snacks in there).

The FNQ Giant Tropical cockatiel is what you need, not scared of poodles and will actually eat any poodles it sees as well as keeping the thieves at bay.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X8XYXdJrgvo/maxresdefault.jpg

You can't teach it to sing or talk but it will kill intruders and I bet it likes Death Metal.

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

Hi @evil c  

all good points from @Luc

many hi tech cameras on the market....  

A client I visited in Baccus Marsh runs a shop and because it’s next to pub,  he’s shop/house, backyard gets broken into regularly....  
He also has pets, that activated inferred systems, to counter react that he’s also installed basic inferred  beam sensors where his pets can’t trigger.  Works well.    What ever you decide to do do it quickly because  stats show that if they done it once they are likely to do it again!   A close friend has had his place raided 3 times after they moved in,  it stopped when they installed a security system.   

I had 4 - 1080p cameras installed, one above my car and work trailer in the tree.

Trouble is that the Balun connector to the camera, gets corroded and wet no matter how well I seal it up.

Around 2 connections l sealed in plastic cases with silicone and duct tape. 

When I opened it up today,  half full of water, and RJ45 connectors are fried .

So only lasts a matter of months, before it fails!

I Might have to buy the crimping tool ,and learn how to replace the plugs at this rate - although I was hoping for someone with more expertise and tools to put his hand up! ?

25 minutes ago, Luc said:

You need a dog that doesn't snore and has a bit of mongrel in it and doesn't doesn't wag it's tail at the thief#up gif from I may even title this one day... 

Hello thief come inside and scratch me and yes I like treats.

Or you get a fair dinkum guard cockatiel trained in the art of Ecky-Thump, drastic I know and it'd likely have a go at your GTG guests(I'm looking at you Doug and that beard, the bird's onto you and the stash of Scooby snacks in there).

The FNQ Giant Tropical cockatiel is what you need, not scared of poodles and will actually eat any poodles it sees as well as keeping the thieves at bay.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X8XYXdJrgvo/maxresdefault.jpg

You can't teach it to sing or talk but it will kill intruders and I bet it likes Death Metal.

Saw one of those up past Cairns just over a year ago , yeah that might work.?

Maybe l should electrify my box trailer, or keep dangerous reptiles in it! ?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, evil c said:

I had 4 - 1080p cameras installed, one above my car and work trailer in the tree.

Trouble is that the Balun connector to the camera, gets corroded and wet no matter how well I seal it up.

Around 2 connections l sealed in plastic cases with silicone and duct tape. 

When I opened it up today,  half full of water, and RJ45 connectors are fried .

So only lasts a matter of months, before it fails!

I Might have to buy the crimping tool ,and learn how to replace the plugs at this rate - although I was hoping for someone with more expertise and tools to put his hand up! ?

there are many ways to waterproofing,  even plumbers don’t get it right and I’ve seen this 1st hand!   Most BNC connectors or any electrical connectors are not designed to be outdoors.   Most don’t last!  To ensure waterproofing you need to waterproof the waterproofed.... ensure even when it’s wet it doesn’t get wet!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Sorry to hear you've been robbed Clive :(

But surely it wasn't @Eggmeister who dun it?

What say you, sir ovum of albumen?

cheers Trevor.

Edited by evil c

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2021 at 8:55 PM, Addicted to music said:

there are many ways to waterproofing,  even plumbers don’t get it right and I’ve seen this 1st hand!   Most BNC connectors or any electrical connectors are not designed to be outdoors.   Most don’t last!  To ensure waterproofing you need to waterproof the waterproofed.... ensure even when it’s wet it doesn’t get wet!  

Ended up buying a new 2mp camera and matching metal case/mount.

Siliconed up enough to run the hose on it!?

20210414_160240.thumb.jpg.acd7ef4b5795eba98223b77755400ad5.jpg

Just need to figure out how to get Wi-Fi happening with it.

Plus several other settings. 

I need a geek badly around here! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

try marine sikaflex (sikaflex 291) - wear latex gloves when applying as it can be hard to remove - trouble with the normal sealants is they deteriorate quickly in the elements

Got sick of sealing a few leaks in our veranda once a year with the standard outdoor stuff- used marine sikaflex and four years later still no leak!

• Like 1