FS: Lumin T2 Network Streaming DAC

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Macedon Ranges or Melbourne CBD
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, PAYID, Cash on Pickup, Paypal on request, buyer to pay fees
Reason for selling: Upgraded

Lumin T2 Network Streaming DAC

I've recently upgraded from the Lumin T2 to a MSB Premier DAC so this is now superfluous to needs.  

[No the Fender Stratocaster in the background doesn't come with it]

This is a top tier streaming DAC capable of supporting playback of PCM up to 384 kHz and DSD512 with optional internal upsampling to DSD128 and PCM 384 kHz. The Lumin app is great, with support for Spotify, MQA, Tidal, Qobuz, tuneIn and Airplay.  The T2 will also happily function as a Roon endpoint where it did most of its heavy lifting for me.

I have upgraded this unit to the latest and greatest firmware and it has not missed a beat in its time with me. It is in excellent condition, not a scratch on it. It comes in the original double box with all accessories and the receipt from purchase in 2019.  The Lumin T2 has a 2 year global warranty so there is still time to run on this.  If you're looking for something to take your streaming digital playback to the next level, this is the device for you.

Manufacturer Website: https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html 

SNA Review: https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/lumin-t2-network-player-review

LUMIN T2 heralds the first redesign of the classic A1/T1 main boards and chassis. This new approach combines solid cnc panel construction with X1 technology to hit the performance sweet spot.

• All-new chassis construction featuring thick cnc panels and an internal power supply 
  • New generation processor provides DSD512 and 384kHz playback
  • Dual ES9028PRO SABRE DACS
  • USB digital audio output
  • Precision 32-bit internal digital volume
  • Discreet clock system for precision timing
  • Low-noise switching power supply with dual stage regulator
  • Resampling to every supported format up to DSD128 and PCM384kHz
  • MQA full decoding
  • Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, Qobuz, TuneIn and AirPlay-compatible
  • From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
  • Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
  • New CNC panelled construction offers upgraded structural rigidity and sheilding compared to the T1
  • The newly-designed thick cnc panels provide the high-end LUMIN family aesthetic

Photos:

IMG_4998.thumb.png.b6c2a4da73ce024d452fe699c8e40ee4.png

IMG_4999.thumb.png.f024d72881437d5c76fbbc28dc7cc95b.png

IMG_5001.thumb.png.a9a8b0df03956eaf81375666b26a5328.png

IMG_5002.thumb.png.5bb9965a6c26616420b71cba97a4812d.png

image.thumb.png.543d2a00897abf7b70fc893f5453769e.pngimage.thumb.png.4930b2b0ae27364e7ea2dc16c83a2908.png

7 minutes ago, Pasic007 said:

I wish i had gone with silver instead now, black hides the detail lol. 

Highly recommend doing T2 linear power upgrade. 

GLWS 

What brand of upgrade do you recommend, LUMIN or third party?

Edited by NIN

3 hours ago, NIN said:

Good price and Great streamer, GLWS

The MSB Premier DAC is 4 times the price as this, can I ask how much better sound quality do they provide?

The MSB Premier configured with the Powerbase, renderer, SPDIF IO and the femto upgrade is a lot more than 4 times the Lumin T2.  The sound quality on the T2 is fantastic, I guess I just find the MSB a little more liquid or fluid sounding if that makes sense?  There's a massive law of diminishing returns though. 

3 hours ago, NIN said:

What brand of upgrade do you recommend, LUMIN or third party?

I haven't put in a LPS as I think their value in high quality equipment to be dubious at best. However, this is the one I've seen people on the Roon forum use and claim good results: https://www.sbooster.com/botw-pp-eco-12-13v/lumin-t2-streamer

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

The MSB Premier configured with the Powerbase, renderer, SPDIF IO and the femto upgrade is a lot more than 4 times the Lumin T2.  The sound quality on the T2 is fantastic, I guess I just find the MSB a little more liquid or fluid sounding if that makes sense?  There's a massive law of diminishing returns though. 

I haven't put in a LPS as I think their value in high quality equipment to be dubious at best. However, this is the one I've seen people on the Roon forum use and claim good results: https://www.sbooster.com/botw-pp-eco-12-13v/lumin-t2-streamer

Thank you for sharing.

Appreciate it.

Edited by NIN
  • Like 1