Show us your cable "mess" or "nice and neat"

1 hour ago, Aperalim said:

Hey Rosco – looks like one of your Furutech plugs (in the Stainless Steel wall outlet) might need a gentle nudge back into the outlet?

That's a good pickup, it does look like it's not all the way in.

I notice with my leads that the stiffer power leads will do that when I have been moving things around.

11 hours ago, Rosco8 said:

??

2020-09-26 13.53.39_DxO.jpg

But he (and I) never expected me to add to the extent I have, damn lock down

We over here in the West love your lock downs ?

I thinks different states should be locked down in sequence, one after another and it should have nothing to do with any external circumstances.

Shouldn't really say this and I am ashamed.

BTW. Nice speakers!

And a lot of other interesting things too

13 hours ago, wooferocau said:

DSC_0442.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0445.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0446.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0449.jpgwww.jpg

Wow everything was covered by  black fabric, what is the material ? Does it have any accoustic benefit?

the cable raisers look familiar too, are those from Bunnings?

Edited by ikhuong

7 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

Wow everything was covered by  black fabric, what is the material ? Does it have any accoustic benefit?

the cable raisers look familiar too, are those from Bunnings?

Black Velvet....its the front section  of my theatre...?

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 10:02 AM, ikhuong said:

This is nice and easy, benefits of integrated ,  hard to mess any thing

As Chris mentioned, pre and power amps but only having one source it keeps the cable count down. No interconnects or speaker cable touching power cables.

1CA08FCD-B145-4780-B9F1-57B557685149.thumb.jpeg.f620eb6835add3fde0473f6711607c0f.jpeg

Edited by Pops110
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Assisi said:

A friend of mine calls it the vipers nest. 

Surprisingly everything works.  A bit difficult to get the focus right.

John

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

I will call them as Faraday shielding nest, your music would sound better for sure,

the surrounding cables will block electromagnetic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ikhuong said:

I will call them as Faraday shielding nest, your music would sound better for sure,

the surrounding cables will block electromagnetic 

My listening friend challenged me to post the photos to the thread.  I had not thought of the possible aspect of the nest as a "Faraday Cage".  My understanding is that many cables together can have a potential for undesirable interference impacts.  It all depends on how they are arranged.  Interestingly there does not seem to be any discernible negative impacts in my system.  I have little space to keep the cables separate and I need all of them for the connection of all the components plus the TV.  My friend says, that now my system is the best sounding system in a home environment he has ever heard.  He has heard a few.  So, to me overall, the arrangements of the cables are not a serious negative.

John

11 hours ago, Assisi said:

My listening friend challenged me to post the photos to the thread.  I had not thought of the possible aspect of the nest as a "Faraday Cage".  My understanding is that many cables together can have a potential for undesirable interference impacts.  It all depends on how they are arranged.  Interestingly there does not seem to be any discernible negative impacts in my system.  I have little space to keep the cables separate and I need all of them for the connection of all the components plus the TV.  My friend says, that now my system is the best sounding system in a home environment he has ever heard.  He has heard a few.  So, to me overall, the arrangements of the cables are not a serious negative.

John

Cables run parallel to each other will have much more likelihood of imparting interference to each other than cables randomly located as in your pic. Especially true for power cables run parallel to signal cables. Cables crossing each other perpendicularly will have the least chance of crosstalk and interference.

• Like 2

Hi Bob,

Your explanation above confirms very basic understanding.  Thanks.   Because of where some components are located and the minimum space, I do have some power and signal cables  located in parallel and bit to close to each other.  It is matter that I need to address.  Who knows what the result will be.

John

• Thanks 1

On 27/09/2020 at 1:43 AM, rockeater said:

But he (and I) never expected me to add to the extent I have, damn lock down

We over here in the West love your lock downs ?

BTW. Nice speakers!

And a lot of other interesting things too

Roman, yep the West has done heaps to improve my listening ??  between you and Thi you have improved my systems exponentially, not to forget all those valve sellers in Perth, damm tube rolling !!!!   Those speaker are superb and do my McIntosh system justice.  We kept the freight couriers busy for a while ??   Now not forgetting the Geelong guys, JB and Travis and of course Asiri in Sydney for that marvelous A70 ...  great to meet you all and do business ?

I swear there is a gremlin behind my cabinet who takes great pleasure in making a mess... I seem to spend an hour or two every couple of months doing big clean ups but the gremlin comes back and makes them messy again within a week!! :(

B05BAF91-83F5-490D-B702-135E2A8703E9.jpeg

4C49135F-5EA7-4410-8149-FA8FD274C8EF.jpeg

Edited by Jhsg
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, lenticularis said:

I definitely have another snake-pit of cables.

The WAF-furniture clearance (lack of) dictates the cramped area.

20200929_cables2.jpeg

lol, there is a python that trying to go into your cabinet, 

amazing to see how popular IKEA chopping boards on SNA

• Haha 1

How do you guys keep your cables so neat and tidy!?

I reel in horror whenever I have to swap a component because I know I'll have to actually look at what's behind my equipment. So I shut my eyes and give the chord a good old yank to prise it from the tangled mess that is my cable management system.

I'm sure there are cables in there that lead to no man's land!  

1676758058_uZav1tK-Imgur.jpg.d99f8d420a8af83137612a137e099d76.jpg

• Like 3

On 27/09/2020 at 1:40 PM, Pops110 said:

As Chris mentioned, pre and power amps but only having one source it keeps the cable count down. No interconnects or speaker cable touching power cables.

1CA08FCD-B145-4780-B9F1-57B557685149.thumb.jpeg.f620eb6835add3fde0473f6711607c0f.jpeg

I like that early version Line Magnetic Amp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Citroen said:

How do you guys keep your cables so neat and tidy!?

sold all  other sources and surround system to keep streaming only.

it is a tradeoff and there is no solution unless wireless can sound as good as wire some days