Headphone amp with two ins, one out, no dac

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

doesnt your main rig have a tape out or something  ? thats all most folk use ? 

otherwise luxman ? 3 inputs.... 2 bal, one line level (not sure if there is an older model or s/h going in budget...)

http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=7

eg seems to be a p200 thats a refurb at audio active and its got two inputs but double your minimum price...

@Tassie Devil wondering if you know of any options as seem to have explored a few headphone amps ...

Not sure I can really give helpful advice as I'm mostly using balanced head amps although just  purchased a combined Luxman DAC/headamp from a poster here.

All my variable inputs are via the DAC and in most cases  others are handled by a preamp BUT there is one headamp which will do what you want, the Violectric V281.  I had one until recently but sold it because I was not using all those switching facilities and replaced it with a simpler V280.  In another room here I'm setting up a remote controlled preamp (a good quality but inexpensive Chinese unit off e-bay - but I had to trawl through pages of them to find the one I wanted) to handle different inputs for a simple system so maybe that would be a better option for you?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tassie Devil said:

Not sure I can really give helpful advice as I'm mostly using balanced head amps although just  purchased a combined Luxman DAC/headamp from a poster here.

All my variable inputs are via the DAC and in most cases  others are handled by a preamp BUT there is one headamp which will do what you want, the Violectric V281.  I had one until recently but sold it because I was not using all those switching facilities and replaced it with a simpler V280.  In another room here I'm setting up a remote controlled preamp (a good quality but inexpensive Chinese unit off e-bay - but I had to trawl through pages of them to find the one I wanted) to handle different inputs for a simple system so maybe that would be a better option for you?

Thanks, John. The Violectric kit looks amazing but way above my budget. There’s an ex-loan Luxman p200 on the audio active  website for $999 so if I was going to throw money at it I’d just grab that. It’s exactly what I’m looking for except for the price.

i was looking around Aliexpress today and there are a few headphone amp boards of various styles available between $20 and a couple of hundred dollars. I was thinking if I grab one of those, 3 sets of rcas and two switches I could have one switch to select between inputs and the other to select between outputting to the rcas and outputting to the head amp. Throw it all in a box and bob’s your aunty. I don’t love buying blind but there’s plenty of decent stuff on there if you spend enough time researching. 

On 11/09/2020 at 5:38 PM, RankStranger said:

Looks good. Thanks, I’ll check it out

Ahh.. beat me to it.. MassDrop is a good place to look for this. 

I sorted what I thought would be some inconvenient inputs and pass throughs for my downstairs system through their stuff....and there's often variants on popular models..