Newbie setup under $7.5k

On 30/07/2020 at 4:52 PM, stylin74 said:

Hi All,

Looking at getting a setup to listen to my old viynl from the 80's onwards. I have around $7.5k to spend and tend to choose things on looks ?. Looking at getting an Amp, TT and Bookshelf speakers.

I have a rough idea what I want but really have no idea about the individual components if they go together, etc so looking for some feedback please.

I am currently using an old Yamaha 7.1 receiver with the floor speakers and sub to match with a old Pioneer PL-120 TT so anything is going to be better.

Amp I was thinking of the new Yamaha A-S1200. Mainly because I like the VU meters, secondly have had numerous Yamaha components over the years with the home theatre.

Speakers I am leaning towards Bowers & Wilkins 707 S2 bookshelves.

TT is where I am getting stuck not sure whether to go old school or new school, growing up always wanted a Technic's 1200 or even source an old Yamaha GT out of Japan. Or go new modern with a Rega P3 or a Thorens TD 240-2 or TD 402 DD.

Would love some comments and any suggestions.

Hi Stylin74 

I am a retailer in Melbourne. I here to help you. Even though we are in lockdown I can still help you hear items through my home demo program. As @Marcsays you won’t get it right first time, but let me help you put some music in your home to enjoy. Please PM me so we can have a chat. 
kind regards 

Geoff Haynes 

• Like 3