My little 12W PP Triode Valve Amp...

• 3 weeks later...

Music lyrics...what do I really think about them?!?

I'm thinking song lyrics as opposed to the old musical ear worm burrowing deep away into one's own sticky ear wax...haha...wax into wax again! Waxing with vinyl! Wax's the matter you no like the joke?!?:hyper:

https://colorfulvinyl.com/blogs/color-vinyl-records-blog/vinyl-vibrations-why-do-we-call-records-wax

Waxwell Smart's voice here please...yes chief the old repetitive music lyric constantly on replay, worming away into one's head...I know, I know, I know...hey 99 now you remind me of my own ear worm...concerning red luftballons! :hyper:  Where was I now?!?

I 'm thinking song lyrics so well written they only come up in certain situations of description not repetitive ear wormies...the best one I can think of, is the Beatles with...listen do you want to know a secret...I only sing that song in the shower...crooning into a bar of slippery soap, held gingerly in both hands ala Frank Sinatra style...whoa whoaaa...feck that's hot water!  

Now I have often raved about Ebay describing it as the best time machine ever invented...in just a few awkward convoluted words of description(I want that thingy with two wheels called razor blades we wore as shoes but it had two wheels on the bottoms of each!)...one can recall and view the long lost detritus accumulated way back in all those years...one can make so many nostalgic purchases. Even old shiny chrome two door toasters, with a hint of toasty lightish brown stain around the edges! I mean one can obtain the old toaster from way back, years back, handily delivered to one's own current front door by Post! But try and get the old toasty smells...nah, nix, nadda, zilch...they(always the mysterium THEY!) have altered the bread so much since then it's not the same mouth watering same! Can I have also have the same white bread they used back then please. The one that toasted dark brown on the surface and was still soft enough for the hard butter to seep deep within it and was such a delicious mouthful to eat...nah, nix, nadda, zilch! Not this modern stuff that when toasted looks like it has had the death ray treatment done to it. Dry as a Sao biscuit and cracking into jig saw pieces under a hard lump of tasty butter! Now where was I?!? Ahh yes these Ebay time pieces can all be bought at a price of course!....all you need is...money that's want I want!...Money It's a gas Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash...Money talks, mmm, mmm, money talks Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, oho Money talks, money talks...Ahhh now where was I?!?

Ahh yes...time machines...now the second best time machine I have lately and recently discovered is Google Maps! Yup the ol' google! Now where else can you go to(apart from black and white photographs, remember them!) back in time to see where you had lived nigh on 70 year ago?!? Google Maps of course! Bang...type in the old address and viola...just like magic...there be the old residence still standing there in Hudson's Road Spotswood!...but wait a minny now...what happened to the old TAB?!? what happened to the Butcher's shop on the corner of Forrest street and Hudson's Road?!? The Fish and Chip shop on the corner of Hope street and Hudson's road?!? The old Newsagency opposite the Railway station...what ever happened to....?!? Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago, oh yeah!...

Lyrics so well written that they just cover my google map situation so perfectly...so apt...so sad...Memories of the way we were...Memories light the corners of my mind...Misty water-colored memories of the way we were...Scattered pictures...I think I am in need of some good waxing cheery up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Music lyrics...what do I really think about them?!?

I'm thinking song lyrics as opposed to the old musical ear worm burrowing deep away into one's own sticky ear wax...haha...wax into wax again! Waxing with vinyl! Wax's the matter you no like the joke?!?:hyper:

https://colorfulvinyl.com/blogs/color-vinyl-records-blog/vinyl-vibrations-why-do-we-call-records-wax

Waxwell Smart's voice here please...yes chief the old repetitive music lyric constantly on replay, worming away into one's head...I know, I know, I know...hey 99 now you remind me of my own ear worm...concerning red luftballons! :hyper:  Where was I now?!?

I 'm thinking song lyrics so well written they only come up in certain situations of description not repetitive ear wormies...the best one I can think of, is the Beatles with...listen do you want to know a secret...I only sing that song in the shower...crooning into a bar of slippery soap, held gingerly in both hands ala Frank Sinatra style...whoa whoaaa...feck that's hot water!  

Now I have often raved about Ebay describing it as the best time machine ever invented...in just a few awkward convoluted words of description(I want that thingy with two wheels called razor blades we wore as shoes but it had two wheels on the bottoms of each!)...one can recall and view the long lost detritus accumulated way back in all those years...one can make so many nostalgic purchases. Even old shiny chrome two door toasters, with a hint of toasty lightish brown stain around the edges! I mean one can obtain the old toaster from way back, years back, handily delivered to one's own current front door by Post! But try and get the old toasty smells...nah, nix, nadda, zilch...they(always the mysterium THEY!) have altered the bread so much since then it's not the same mouth watering same! Can I have also have the same white bread they used back then please. The one that toasted dark brown on the surface and was still soft enough for the hard butter to seep deep within it and was such a delicious mouthful to eat...nah, nix, nadda, zilch! Not this modern stuff that when toasted looks like it has had the death ray treatment done to it. Dry as a Sao biscuit and cracking into jig saw pieces under a hard lump of tasty butter! Now where was I?!? Ahh yes these Ebay time pieces can all be bought at a price of course!....all you need is...money that's want I want!...Money It's a gas Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash...Money talks, mmm, mmm, money talks Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, oho Money talks, money talks...Ahhh now where was I?!?

Ahh yes...time machines...now the second best time machine I have lately and recently discovered is Google Maps! Yup the ol' google! Now where else can you go to(apart from black and white photographs, remember them!) back in time to see where you had lived nigh on 70 year ago?!? Google Maps of course! Bang...type in the old address and viola...just like magic...there be the old residence still standing there in Hudson's Road Spotswood!...but wait a minny now...what happened to the old TAB?!? what happened to the Butcher's shop on the corner of Forrest street and Hudson's Road?!? The Fish and Chip shop on the corner of Hope street and Hudson's road?!? The old Newsagency opposite the Railway station...what ever happened to....?!? Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago, oh yeah!...

Lyrics so well written that they just cover my google map situation so perfectly...so apt...so sad...Memories of the way we were...Memories light the corners of my mind...Misty water-colored memories of the way we were...Scattered pictures...I think I am in need of some good waxing cheery up!

If you like hot cross buns great bakery there

And a sort of food Van without wheels heaven of multiple food types plus beer

Once a week I think

And a craft beer bar/hall

Its sort of pre trendy😄

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

If you like hot cross buns great bakery there

And a sort of food Van without wheels heaven of multiple food types plus beer

Once a week I think

And a craft beer bar/hall

Its sort of pre trendy😄

Sounds...not like an ear wormy...but an interesting aside....yeah she looks very trendy now. Need pics of the Food Van Menu and also the craft beer or it didn't happen!:hyper:

Spotty is beautifully maintained and kept with the old wooden houses... and the streets are matured tree lined as well.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

I spent my early years in Spotswood, even played a couple seasons of footy for the under 18's...

The place is totally and utterly crammed full of memories for me...all long gone!

Dickens talks about the Ghosts of Christmas past, Spotswood, remembered, is like an eerie episode of X-Files for me without the theme song played and/or Scully lurking away in the background!

I remember...Try to remember the kind of September, When life was slow and oh, so mellow, Try to remember the kind of September, When grass was green and grain was yellow, Try to remember the kind of September, When you were a tender and callow fellow...I remember when Hudson's road crossed Williamstown road it had the most magnificent rows of fully grown Palm trees on the lawned nature stip, both sides...all now cut down...Stop! In the name of love, Before you break my heart... Hah I just remembered it also had a small stable housing two big horses that delivered milk and cream to the shopping center and surrounding houses.  Clip Clop clipping away...Slip slidin' away, Slip slidin' away, You know the nearer your destination, The more you're slip slidin' away...Hah I also just remembered its one of the few suburbs with laneways! Big square rock lined lane ways, how cool is that...It's cool for cats!...

Spotty is a long way for me to go to now! The oldies left cos they wanted a brand new brick venereal house...but gee as a suburb it's looking far better than the one we moved to in the S/E. so many moons ago! 

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh a brand new set of Bluetooth noise cancellation headphones has come my way via Chrissy!  Via the tree, my lap, and then finally upon my good old scone!

Got to love Chrissy...love you long time Santa!...but I digress!

Model Bose and matt dull black as the ace of spades, as burnt toast, as Kiwi polished black shoes(spit polished to a sharp shiny gleam)...licorice strap...humbug...

Quickly charged up via the old use-bee cable with the old handy and venerable old PC...12yo and still going strong...though does need the occasional dusty brush off...like dandruff from shoulders...

Bose headphone battery inside is good for 500 charges they say...so come the 500th and the very 1st... I suspect it will be flipped into the recycle bin of old stereo/PC/cable/phone...and odd use-bee assorted black cables, inter-weaved/cross threaded like a new age work of balled Art!

Tiny...very tiny...green LED light flickering?! blinking?!? trying to remove summit from its green eye...I think its good to go!

Each ear piece has a letter drawn inside it...L and an R...obviously for right/left ear! if one does not have a left or right ear....then I assume one is in trouble then.  

On they go...like a giant pair of black nut crackers...securely positioned upon the old noggin, over each ear! I see my reflection in the mirror...oh dear God!

Right ear piece has a button for pairing up to the PC's bluetooth connection...I flick the black button sideways(good movie with Paul Giamatti!)

Whomfff....big wompff noise pings both ears and a female voice enters my head space...saying...paired with ******** and battery level is full!

Noise cancellation is on the left ear control...I turn it on! Female voice enters again...Quiet On! Nice!:hyper:

Search for Youtube on the PC and type in Oliver Nelson..."Sound Pieces"....Orchestral Jazz pieces...press play and music explodes into both ears...divine music!

I listened intently...immersed in a surround scape of musical instruments playing...I swim between them...I am jostled by them...they come and go...clear and articulate...no smearing of sound whatsoever! I stand and walk to my bedroom...their is no rude cable yank to my head...of course not...bluetooth! 

I lay down...head comfortably on pillow....shoed feet just off...over the edge! I sigh, eyes closed, fold my arms, and think I could get use to this...and also Oliver Nelson!

Edited by BLAH BLAH

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh days of glorious slumber...of pale golden daylight...of birds constantly squeaking and squawking outside in the trees all providing an Eric Dolphy manic backbeat on flutes...without the soothing and guiding accompaniment of an Oliver Nelson Sax and composition...not that there's anything wrong with a Dolphy solo!...arms in the air! The squeak of king parrot...like a noisy rusty door hinge, un-oiled...high in the gum tree...the squeaky door gum tree! I'm sure I heard a squeaky door up there...squinting, looking, searching high up in the gum tree! Can you see it love?!? The squeaky door hinge Gum tree! The strangest of all native cultivars!

Do we still live in the age of discovery...?!? I ask...do we...do we?!? Is is still possible to walk out the front door ala Magellan and not return for two years?!? Is that even possible?!? It's okay love, I'm just going to nip out for a while...be back soon!...I have the  whole world to discover...and to try it all without falling off the earth's edge...into where?!?...a big sudsy, frothy kelvinator agitating the water...?!? Head and arms, the odd leg,  sticking up out of the froth with all the other poor unfortunate sods! Instead of taking a three masted wooden ship...taking just a metal Suburu station wagon...with a RFC flag attached to the back passenger side window...fluttering away, on parade...always a handy visual aid in finding/spotting  the car immediately in a crowded supermarket car park!

So away on journeys of discovery  to see, hear sights and sounds we have not come across before...I'll be back soon love!

The local Take-away constantly by passed, ignored for years...only to discover in a desperate assuaging moment of hunger,,,the perfect Thai Pork and Chilli on a crispy white roll...juicy cooked pork with a healthy?!? sprinkle of pork crispy crackling, like brown scattered twisties, atop!...mmmm....the burning fire of the red chillies cutting through the oily pork...finishing with the satisfying crunch of a fresh white bread roll, cleansing the mouth once more! Talk about heaven on a stick or, or...heaven wrapped up in grease proof paper! Or spending, what seems like years, desperately searching the shelves of the local supermarket for a special treat, some treasure! Black treasure wrapped in golden foil! Whittakers Chocolate Coconut block...in mysterious foreign aisle after aisle...weirdly alien named product after product...till finally spied crammed between other ordinary boxed chocolates...mine...mine! My precious! Come to me...be still my beating heart and shaking hands! A block of Whittakers Coconut chocolate!  The last one! Or that round about journey still attempted all by car...all the way to that magical destination of wonder and pleasure...and luck would have it...the natives there all speak the same tongue!  Beer o'clock chatter! Finally avoiding the shallows and landing at a place of refuge in a strangely named harbour/car-park with an Irish ring, Dan Murphys... Half dozen bottles of your finest cold ale thank you my good man!

India Pale Ale by Shephard Neame...500ml at 6.1%alc/vol... What a life saver! What a magnificent drop! And such a a great size too...after sucking down some wonderful chilled mouthfuls...the bottle still has some enjoyable heft left...still to re-discover! Now that is a right proper size, 500ml!  Ahhhh...once again...Ahhhhhh...just like Donald Fagen sang on his first solo vinyl LP..."Nightfly"...What a beautiful world this will be, What a glorious time to be free...no cheers to that sentiment from me...just hearty appreciative burps!

And just how much fun and discovery can a pair of Boss Blue Tooth headphones provide one with...?!?

No black telephone coil as limp as a spent balloon to anchor ones scone head, with sudden stopping shock, ...or should that be skone...to a unit of music player....ho hooo...the bass exploding in my ears of Daft Punk...Discovery... And then...Blackstreet...No diggity...ho hooo...air dancing! Dig the current! Swissshhh...step aside sasha...an old man on the move here, discovering some fine dance steps!

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 1

I noticed Melanie passed away recently...may she rest in peace! I am a big fan of hers and have several LPs.

My cat Sasha reminds me a little of Melanie...same thick dark hair...graceful in form...quite good looking and with a powerful, unstrained, singing voice! Unlike Melanie my Sasha has no hit records, that I know of, to date?!? I think Sasha is still working on his material...early mornings finds him vocally at work...not quite as melodic as Melanie...but interesting all the same!...Sasha, pity your poor lyricist trying to match words to your song!  I am a cat person...I like dogs and their wonderful loyalty...I just prefer cats and their compact warm size on my lap, when I am sitting down! (try and do that with an Irish Wolf hound, they'll definitely block your view of the TV with their shaggy head and ears!!)  Which brings us to the issue of cat hair, if I am honest, tends to make my clothes all look like they are made from the same material...mohair?!? cashmere?!?! That I never ever seem to notice, until I am out in public, deeply inside the Supermarket aisles...Now where was I?!?

...Felix the cat...The wonderful wonderful cat...Whenever he gets in a fix He reaches into his bag of tricks...Felix the cat...The wonderful wonderful cat...You’ll laugh so much your sides will ache...Your heart will go pit a pat...Watching Felix...The wonderful cat...Was my childhood refrain from watching him on black and white TV and filled my young ears! Pit a Pat, pit a pat...get a cat!...Yes, yes, get a cat! And now in my so called older and more maturing experienced years...when I chat and interact with Sasha...I wonder where we both are at! 

In the kitchen I would be filling the floor steamer up with water... Sasha has to mosey along casually, prop, and then stick his tongue out to drink water! A strange feline question of...taste and try...before you buy! I would be kneeling and slowly, patiently pouring water into this tiny hole(that's right ladies and gentlemen, modern kitchenware design still persists with designing small holes that you would have trouble passing a needle through, let alone a steady stream of water!) This all doesn't seem to bother Sasha, he just welcomes the company, watches the stream of water pouring down, crouches closer and then starts licking into the stream! There we all are...desperate animals surrounding the sole Serengeti water hole...Sasha drinks like he hasn't drinked for days...furtive looks around him then back to licking... Refreshed, we then up camp and then both move out slowly on Safari to the Sahara desert. A slow snaking line of man and beast in hot conditions. Suddenly Sasha is alert! moving into Ninja phase...in my haste I nearly bump into his backside...he is so still!

No wait! I am mistaken! Sasha is transfixed into his version of the crouching Egyptian large cat...a smoother, clearer, and fuller version of the Sphinx! So still...so very still...what is it Sasha?!?...I whisper...but Sasha ignores me and does not move, not a flicker of movement! Nix, nadda, zilch, nope....I watch his back fascinated! It is so still now That I can hear the rumblings emanating from my own hungry stomach! Sasha seems to reciprocate to my rumblings...and with a slight delicate and genteel cough coupled with body ripple from straight party horn tail to extended neck and teeth barred mouth...deposits on the floor again! Well look at that! We both look! A sausage, a strange looking grey wet hairy sausage...surrounded by a clear watery sauce! Your a Chef too! I exclaim in amazement!  Sasha just shakes his head too...in amazement! And a Magician too! Able to leap over tall buildings with a single bound...Ooops I am singing a wrong youthful refrain here...my apologies, dear reader!

I quickly adjust and repeat once more to Sasha...your such a Magician to be able to project material from both ends of your body! Sasha totally ignores me...he is sniffing his freshly laid sausage...more Herbs perhaps?!?! We both move on, next we have both arrived and made it onto the beach at Normandy. We are crouched trying to avoid enemy fire...with my trusty tiny manicure scissors...I take aim! I am trimming Sasha's claw nails that curl round like nasty sharp fish hooks! The various cut off's...ping, zing and fly past us both with great vigour...We both survive...I carry Sasha in my arms from the beach...home...unfortunately Melanie did not make it! Vale!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that I am a tad self-opinionated and also very well set in my ways...Occasionally totally inflexible and a tad adamantine. I am the perfect square slab of well laid steel reinforced grey concrete. Appear dense. I am 50 shades of grey...no, nope, nix, nadda, no sirree, I am twice 50 shades of grey dusty concrete, thick and unyielding as.  Toot, toot I am Thomas the Tank Engine going where my, my, my well laid out steely train tracks lead me...toot, toot sometimes round, round and round in a perfect 360 degree circle with no end in sight...toot, toot sometimes in a straight gun barrel line to a final arrived mysterious destination. Do I have tickets on myself...let me check, pats down pockets, checks old faithful leather wallet, oh yes I certainly do! and also with/on my opinions?!...oh yes indeedy even more so! Being self opinionated is one of the few pleasures left with a long lived life! He's got a ticket to ride ri hi iiiideee...and he don't care.   Rideeeee ride my sea-saw... And/so we arrive at the nitty gritty...what advice would I have needed to hear in pursuing a hi-fi adventure as a young tacker?!  The simpleton. The acolyte. The pioneer. The explorer. One uninitiated with the secret mysteries of Hi-Fi.   Drum roll please...the important white envelope please...thank you! Opens the important and gazed upon large white envelope ...come closer...reads...listen...do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell? Whoa, oh oh Closer...Let me whisper in your ear Say the words you long to hear I'm in love with Hi-Fi Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh... You need to follow both your ears my precious, my little grass hopper...you need to follow your own ears. Clean the wax out bud! Clean, clean and then re-clean them again! Put them both on a long leash and let those ears go forth confidently and striding into the big wide world of Hi-Fi. And lead you... 'ear, 'ear they have all got it in for me to buy their various high priced Hi-Fi gear! Help me!...I need somebody (Help) not just anybody (Help) you know I need someone, hellppp. Listen 'ear, take note of your ears responses, what moves you, excites, explore your attractions, discover more...listen..keep listening...make changes upon your improving HI-FI.  If you compare your hi-fi with others, you may become vain and bitter, For always there will be greater and lesser hi-fi's than yours. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans...Keep interested in your own hobby...However humble, it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time and age... Hear, hear...Ear, ear!

Edited by BLAH BLAH

4 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

also very well set in my ways...Occasionally totally inflexible and a tad adamantine. I am the perfect square slab of well laid steel reinforced grey concrete. Appear dense. I am 50 shades of grey...no, nope, nix, nadda, no sirree, I am twice 50 shades of grey dusty concrete, thick and unyielding as. 

Your list of brutish qualifiers omitted "marmoreal "....

But, none of these descriptions fits the free-flowing, fluid flights of fancy you entertain us with!

The best-fitting word for the receptive reader is WHIMSY. A vastly under-rated exercise.

Love your ramblings 😀 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it was a dream...but I am not too certain...or not quite sure either way to be clear...nightmare?!...possibly...maybe!...and then again I might just want to keep quiet all about it...

Those mid night surfacing's from a deep black pleasurable sleep...where one awakes as if rising, rising soooo slowly, as if from deep, far below..rising up through a great depth of water...and finally breaking the surface(youtoo?!) 😆 with a strong gasping shocking all consuming deep breath and half opened blurry eyes...Black night is a long way from home...da da deda...da...daaaa...

And the first thought that arrives in your befuddled woozy brain...fluttering uselessly for attention ...and delivered by a one winged homing pigeon is...what just happened?!?!... Who, whoa, what just woke me up...and my ears strain with helpful eager assistance...the only part of me that still functions perfectly...hear hear, ear!...but not tonight, nix, nada, nope, no-way hose-aye...just faux tinnitus...any other night...a pin drop!

Next the sudden realization making itself slowly be-knowst...is...who the feck sand papered my poor mouth...???!!!  So there I am, lying on my back nekkid...(oh did I forget to mention it was a hot stinking thunderous, steamy and stormy night, and those nights I sleep without pj's!) gasping awake like a beached goldfish...a very large pale and flabby goldfish...wide mouth opening/shutting like a demented castanet, clackers , palillos or krotalas(maybe @doogie44would know the more appropriate word... the chocolate smartie!)...accompanied for some weird reason by the drifting elusive  sounds of Miles Davis Sketches of Spain in my head...not the whole LP, just the opening track!

(Once again the one winged homing pigeon carrying my befuddled thoughts...stirs and walks aimless circles around in my head for attention...dragging its small leather mail satchel behind it, with one wing...like an axe in some horror movie remake...The Birds 2...cooing! (I do have a big sconce!)...finally delivering a thought to me...goldfish and Spanish music make such a strange pairing for a paella!)

How is this helpful I snort back at the pigeon with derision!

It is only then that I realize I am so dry mouthed...I am lisping my dusty words to the one winged homing pigeon, staring towards me with bulging shiny black eyes...Eye um parked...Parked?!?!?!...noooo...Eye um pppp...paaa...parshed!...my tongue has dried into a strange root plant and its definitely not sweet potato...and they are orange...can one taste a colour?!? yuck! ....I must be in the Sahara....(and with that strange thought heard, the homing pigeon throws its one wing up in the air and walks away off in disgust!) Cooing....coo coo cachoo I am the apeman, I am the walrus...I am the disgusted pigeon!...ha hah hee hee haw haaa.... Now I am totally busting...I rise slowly and stagger off sleepily...bouncing off the hallway walls like an odd miss directed and shapened human pinball... to the WC...the latrine...the dunny...the throne...the crapper...the flush tiolet or should that be the "Metamorphosis of Ajax" designed by Englishman John Harrington, living in 1596...a pun on the term “a jakes,” which was a popular slang term for toilets, at that time!.  Off to the loo...skip to my loo...Oh this is now turning into a right banjax! So there I am all and totally skipped out and settled half on...not a quarter...but half asleep on the tut...toot?!?...the smallest seat in the house! Perched on the loo like a mother hen...not wanting to disturb the silence of the night...concentrating...silence is golden...silence is golden...and then I hear it! Outside the cracked open toilet window...

The rapid dropping of raindrops from the house gutter into the down pipe outside the loo window! I hear! I ruminate...I doze...I listen...I nearly touch the floor with my ever drooping head and shudder back up awake!. My hot body drinks deeply of the cool air seeping in through the half opened toilet window! I think...I think...I must look strange with my weird theatrics...This is one for the birds, 😆 homing pigeon can you still hear me?!? I must resemble that retro toy drinking/dipping bird with his bowl of water! ...up then back down, up, down...When you're strange, Faces come out of the rain, When you're strange, No one remembers your name, When you're strange, When you're strange....those falling drops sound strange...they come faster still...dropping faster...its the sounds of the old Lewis machine gun from WW1...tattaaaattaaatatatataaaa...that is the gas operated one!

There's gas?!?!? Where?!? Here?!? I wake with urgency and pinch my nostrils closed...gas...gas...I am out of here...this is all over the top!:hyper: Jumping Jack Flash is a gas, gas, gasssssss....

Edited by BLAH BLAH

Its tough for a lot of people these days...sometimes I wonder if it's always been like that...life is just tough! 

For some of us...tougher than fair...darker than fair...just plain not fair!

I do not know about how unfair it is for youse...and I do not know of you individually...but lately it seems a lot of us are getting hard done by...

And I sincerely hope it all changes for the better for you...for all of us!

Here's to better times, simpler times, happier times...

Brenton just says/sings it all better than me...

Good luck to all of youse...:hyper:

• Like 1

So there I am it's Saddy night we are both comfortably ensconced watching one of our favourite TV series...Mad Men...

Its around Season five out of Season seven...and lo and behold...you know...the old helloo...and will you just look at that!

We both peer towards the glowing TV...and there are Hare Krishnas dancing around upon its screen...

I take another quick look again at my right hand resting on the arm of my Lazy Boy Recliner which holds a glass of Whiskey...notice it is still half full and lazily take a deep long sniffta...

I swallow a nice smooth dram of Irish Red Breast Whiskey...it takes its time disappearing into my black guts...I am not fussed or in a great hurry for its pleasant warming arrival...

I turn my head and say to the better half...SWMBO...very casually...

What ever happened to the Hare Krishnas?!?

She is quick to reply...I don't know...

I ponder her answer for a few seconds...

And then hazard a reply...I remember them being in Melbourne...

SWMBO not to be outdone replies to me...I remember them also in Sydney!

Hmmm is my reply...and also not to be outdone by her...I ask a vague question to my invisible attentive audience....

I wonder whatever happened to them?!?

SWMBO not to be outdone...answers quickly for them...who knows?!?

I go on to say I remember them always around the edges of Melbourne's grey City street corners, divided into squares by grey straight streets...the ones lit up by traffic lights....where the traffic stopped to do those unique, only in Melbourne, right hand turns...

Chanting and singing...singing and chanting...handing out colourful pamphlets to non receptive hands...turned away frowning pedestrian heads...and embarrassed shrugs...

Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare...in unison...young and happy voices....so confident assured with their collective voice...

They always divided the hurrying grey unwashed...never failing once to split the surging grey wall of constant pedestrians...the shoppers and their many bags...the office workers and drudges...blue police...the homeless...veering to the left and right...the singing loud and resolute...the grey always yielded to the pink...

Their pink, pale yellow, light thin saffron robed clothes like a rock against the oncoming grey suited tide...some bare footed...some thin leather sandaled...some with leather beaded ankle bracelet... Their faint patchouli scents filling the air, bald shiny shaven heads, thin fuzzy heads, and thick thumb yellowish smears on their foreheads, constant smiles, drum beating by hand, dancing and singing in unison...so totally alien and incongruous to Melbourne's long familiar greyness...and darkness...

Like colourful pink and pale yellow flowers floating past between grey immoveable and impervious rocks...a musical stream...a slow moving parade of foreign musical notes and flowerily scents...trailing off faintly into the distance...butterflies fluttering erratically...colourful flower petals floating upon the air...carnivale...confetti...

If Aliens arrived from out of space and made their unusual presence known on the streets of Melbourne for the very first time, way back then...I reckon the too busy pedestrians and shoppers would have just shrugged their heads at their strangeness, walk discretely around them and continued onwards in their focused way...or as me old mate use to say with his thick tick agzent...feck-arrzed!

Gone...

Edited by BLAH BLAH

I just managed to hear it tonight...

The subdued crack and whip snap of thunder in the far distance...all within suburbia...

Usually it comes with a flash of lightening...count one, two, three, four, five...

Since you see lightning immediately and it takes the sound of thunder about 5 seconds to travel a mile, you can calculate the distance between you and the lightning. If you count the number of seconds between the flash of lightning and the sound of thunder, and then divide by 5, you'll get the distance in miles to the lightning: 5 seconds = 1 mile, 15 seconds = 3 miles, 0 seconds = very close....

No illuminating flash light...but then came the big bang...Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me...meeee...

Always causes an anxious response...how will the cat cope?!? Is sasha going to come tearing through the living room...head down, ears back and tail straight...and claws scratching away trying to grip the laminated floor boards for cohesion...sliding around the kitchen door on all fours...baja motorbike style?!?...in response to the big cannon explosion... Just like his early morning relief dash after inundating the kitty litter box?!? Hysterically climbing the living room drapes and becoming entangled within with his sharp fish hook claws...like a burr...like a prickle...like the good old fashion aussie bindi...stuck!

Nope, nix, nada, never happened...thank heavens...I smile with relief!

I remember on my block way back when I was younger on the mid north coast of NSW...a stormy dark night...so way back in time everything was still black and white in my memory...but the thunder sounded quiet colourful!  Late at night...the wind howling...lightening going off constantly...old fashioned cannons...flickering, illuminating, lighting revealing large chunks of erratic vision...surprisingly, briefly, still the same... I walked out to the back darkened verandah, walked down the wooden creaking stairs and open the wire looped wooden gate and walked through! I headed towards the enormous morton bay fig tree...

Years ago I was told...by the locals...(he's not a local he came here in 1910!)...that another large morton bay fig was growing beside this one...it got hit by lightening and fell across this one...shearing off all one side of its green glossy branches! Exposing its inner grey silvery branches like a weird wooden exoskeleton...

Amazing... 

So there I am standing beside the Moreton Bay fig...its branches are swirling crazily...whipping back and forth...its truly mesmerizing...illuminated by lightening...its grey muscular long branches are furiously fencing a mysterious and seemingly invisible foe! I canna make out if its using a saber, foil, and épée...broadsword...falchion...kophesh...katana...wakizashi...or even if its winning or losing!

I am impressed...

The thunder is explosive and long drawn out...a symphony of loud stops and starts...rolling and clanging...an enormous hammer striking a mysterious overhead suspended anvil...wave after crashing wave...

I smell the ozone...

My two agisted horses come racing out of the darkness and miss colliding with me by inches...stopping only at the fence and then turning around...they race off once again...

I feel the thud of their passing hooves coming out of the ground and tremble up my legs...I am wearing only a sarong...

I see their wide intently staring eyes flashing by...their tales curled up and over their backsides in a strange stiffened circle...a hulla-hoop of horse hair...racing hard off into the paddock...

I love it!...  I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone, I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn, I threw your **** into a bag and pushed it down the stairs, I crashed my car into the bridge, I don't care, I love it, I don't care, I love it, I love it, I don't care, I love it...

Now I remember even further back...a very young lad of about three with both mum and dad travelling at night on a tram in Footscray...

The green tram coming to a final stop and then the thingy on top feeding it electricity was being swapped around by the conductor...for the return trip...

I ran off the tram...I ran along and beside the metal guard rails of the safety stopping area...along side the stopped tram...and ran to the back of the tram...I suddenly know where to go...I was so excited...my dander was up...I was so pleased with myself...I would show mum and dad! I ran around the back of the tram towards the middle of the road...and as I ran across the back of the tram...something then made me stop...I suddenly knew I had to stop running...immediately!...urgently!...as I stopped...I felt a blurred noisy bill board, the size of a large truck, on wheels pass inches from my nose...I felt like mister squiggle with his pointy pencil nose just inches away from Jane's blackboard, trying to make sense of weird crazy patterns! My young mind and eyes registered the passing blurr and close breeze, stirred up passing grit, upon my face...I could not explain it with words but I felt something important had just taken place...I felt my mother's light  hand on my right shoulder and her concerned voice, in my ear, saying...don't run!  

Jeez zzz thanks for that @muon* so that's what happened...

The thing I personally got out of that clip was the memory of how beautiful and stunning the coastal areas of NSW are...talk about troubles in Paradise!

Truly God's own country...Northern River Country of NSW...

And also the radiant beauty shining out through the Hare's faces and eyes...

I have a lot of fond memories of my time spent on an ex-dairy farm in Bellingen...at the bottom of the hills leading up to Dorrigo...from Thora...

The Alternate Lifestyle Menu...add some bright shining eyes...smiling faces...blue perfect skies...shiny warm sunrays...lots and lots of greenery...crystal clear running water...stir well and serve...

Wrapped up in youthful energy...excitement...talk about intoxication of the senses...the exhilarating sense of freedom...try not to drink too much!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Interesting...

I wonder what they do with their surplus of cows?!?

I have no idea, but I don't think they eat them LOL. We found the place by accident one day, driving the back blocks trying to find a small dam that could be seen on Google Maps.

20 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

I have no idea, but I don't think they eat them LOL. We found the place by accident one day, driving the back blocks trying to find a small dam that could be seen on Google Maps.

I don't think they would eat them either...being practising vegetarians....so what would be the point of raising them...or so many, judging by their pictures and named cows...apart from their milk!

Breeding A Dairy Breed/Herd of good looking milkers?!?...sweet faced...long eye lashes...sharpest horns...the longest tail...the blackest hooves...the sweetish sounding quality mooooing!

Too big a Cow Herd and you could have an issue of over grazing the pastures...over stocking, again the very same issue....till eventually one becomes flooded with milk! Oceans of milky white milk...yellow mountains of surpus butter...gallons of quivering Joghurt...Globs and globs of rich creamy cream...and the there is ice-cream...so many flavours! Yummy!!!

Wonder if they sell their Herd/Calf surplus to the local abattoir and let them solve their problems for them?!? Or to their neighbours who eventually on sell them as well?!? 

Its a wonder then these named celebrity cows do not have their own Instagram/Face Book pages...revealing their life styles...on the farm! Go-Fund-Me-Page to raise money for both fares and holidays to take the Family Herd back to the old country!!! Wonder if they sell Bovine Calendars on the Farm?!? Sculptures?!? Ornaments?!? Cow-T-Shirts?!? Plates?!? Cups?!?

Not knowing one's eventual fate could put the wind up these bovines...you don't want to rile these gentle beasties up! Next thing you know...there's a Cow Herd Union formed...limited milking hours...holidays...choice of music in the Milking Shed...gasp...and before you know it...

Cows With Guns -

Edited by BLAH BLAH

7 minutes ago, muon* said:

They keep them to give them quality full lives.

That's the jist of it from what they say on that site.

Yes I do get that...

I just wondered if the farm has an excess of bovine...they certainly sound like they have a large herd!

And if they do have excess of bovine... what happens to them...!?!