New speakers

So, I'm in the market for some new speakers. 

With the budget I've got I'm looking at 

• Elac Debut Reference DB
  • Klipsch RM-500M
  • B&W 607
  • Wharfedale Denton 85s

The aesthetic is pretty important, in case you're wondering why this selection and they'll need to fit with my beloved unit

Anything else I should be looking at? I like the Klipchs a lot, but they will probably fatigue and I am curious why I can't seem to find any reviews of them at all anywhere. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, Rawshack said:

So, I'm in the market for some new speakers. 

With the budget I've got I'm looking at 

• Elac Debut Reference DB
  • Klipsch RM-500M
  • B&W 607
  • Wharfedale Denton 85s

The aesthetic is pretty important, in case you're wondering why this selection and they'll need to fit with my beloved unit

Anything else I should be looking at? I like the Klipchs a lot, but they will probably fatigue and I am curious why I can't seem to find any reviews of them at all anywhere. 

Cheers

What amplifier are you using?

If you are not solely concerned with physical aesthetics but also sonic aesthetics you will be aware that any speaker's optimal performance is only ever possible  with carefully considered amplifier matching.

9 hours ago, Aperalim said:

What amplifier are you using?

If you are not solely concerned with physical aesthetics but also sonic aesthetics you will be aware that any speaker's optimal performance is only ever possible  with carefully considered amplifier matching.

Hey mate I'm using a Pioneer A400x. Not a world beater, but a good solid amp. 

Mainly using vinyl as an input - either my PL12 or Rega PL1

13 hours ago, Steffen said:

Which speakers have you got now, and what don't you like about them? That might give rise to some suggestions?

Using AE-100s. Nice speakers but just wanted an upgrade. 

9 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

"The aesthetic is pretty important, in case you're wondering why this selection and they'll need to fit with my beloved unit "

What an odd way to describe your wife.   Most guys use the term WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

Good luck with your search.

Who said time travel wasn't possible...? ;)

Or is the beloved unit perhaps the Pioneer A400X?

Have you thought about upgrading the Pioneer?

If you like the sound and looks of everything as it is in your system and you simply desire an overall upgrade, then you could replace the A400X with the legendary A400 which I understand from all accounts is a better sounding amplifier than the later 'X' version? There are a few in UK available that I expect you could land here for less than $500... 

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/pioneer-a-400-integrated-amplifier-22021-p.asp

8 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

Or is the beloved unit perhaps the Pioneer A400X?

Have you thought about upgrading the Pioneer?

If you like the sound and looks of everything as it is in your system and you simply desire an overall upgrade, then you could replace the A400X with the legendary A400 which I understand from all accounts is a better sounding amplifier than the later 'X' version? There are a few in UK available that I expect you could land here for less than $500... 

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/pioneer-a-400-integrated-amplifier-22021-p.asp

IMG_20200329_173710.thumb.jpg.276e452ff0480a2cd3081f0169ee2a5c.jpg

This is my 'beloved unit'

Not really thought about upgrading the amp - or, at least not yet. I've also got a sansui AU-101 and a Pioneer 500SA that I play around with. I like the Pioneer, it does the trick for what I need but will get an upgrade when I can afford it. 

Just now, Rawshack said:

This is my 'beloved unit'

Not really thought about upgrading the amp - or, at least not yet. I've also got a sansui AU-101 and a Pioneer 500SA that I play around with. I like the Pioneer, it does the trick for what I need but will get an upgrade when I can afford it. 

I see the speakers as part of the furniture, hence why the sound and the looks are on a par...

A couple of other investments that can improve your system's  performance without altering current aesthetics:

Upgrade interconnect cables.

Upgrade speaker cables.

Mechanically decouple (isolate) turntable from cabinet.

These measures will all continue to yield benefits as you upgrade equipment: amp, speakers and source.

1 hour ago, Aperalim said:

A couple of other investments that can improve your system's  performance without altering current aesthetics:

Upgrade interconnect cables.

Upgrade speaker cables.

Mechanically decouple (isolate) turntable from cabinet.

These measures will all continue to yield benefits as you upgrade equipment: amp, speakers and source.

My interconnects are pretty good but the QED 79 cable could do with better cable. 

Also looking for an isolation mat that won't break the bank. Any suggestions welcome!

I took a look at the Denton's this week and they are a fine, fine looking speaker (if that vintage look is your thing) and they sound good, too. Nice treble and mid range, and while the bass in't thumping, it's detailed enough. Sorely tempted

I haven't heard either of these speakers apart from on youtube, but from an aesthetic point of view and the look the OP is trying to preserve these might do the tricks.  A little more modern but the grille material for either the white or dark apple finishes is that old fashion weaved look. 

Just a thought. Might be worth an audition and a looksee.

https://www.hifinews.com/content/jamo-concert-c-93-ii-loudspeaker-page-2

https://www.mccallsav.com.au/jamo-c93-ii