WATTS GOOD - MELBOURNE : Call for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Your System, Your Collection

18 minutes ago, candyflip said:

If I had persisted with it's inclusion, the video would have been non-viewable, and a copyright strike would likely have ensued against me.

Silly really - if their music isn't promoted to the masses digitally, how in hell will the future generations even know who these old boys were?

Stooopid Youtube and even more so the record companies.

Just looking at Youtube one can easily imagine a dystopian future where many aspects of our lives are ruled indiscriminately and in a complete authoritarian standardised way by stooooopidest of algorithms. As long as the money hits the required spot.

Anyhoo - well done Jon and @joz on a great chat and an awesome video.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 8:21 AM, mondie said:

Candy,

You need to get in touch with @Los and get yourself down to Gipssland to take in a gig at the Bundy Hall, probably the best sounding music hall in Oz featuring a fully treated hall and active horn loaded Lenard PA system.  After that, call by Pauls house to demo the Lenard Symphony.  Your mind will be blown

[img]https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/52qJq5[/img]

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/ENhk66

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/QEo18R

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/U55QoV

And you’d be welcome to drop in to my place while you’re in the area @candyflip  You’d get to hear the Lenard’s in a little room for another point of view. Can’t match the scale that’s achieved in Paul’s shed but still a powerful experience. Cheers, M

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, unclemack said:

And you’d be welcome to drop in to my place while you’re in the area @candyflip  You’d get to hear the Lenard’s in a little room for another point of view. Can’t match the scale that’s achieved in Paul’s shed but still a powerful experience. Cheers, M

Appreciate that M - that would make sense too.

Let's see what we can do after Lockdown 4.1 ?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and it's quite possible to do these without your face appearing a single time.

I can voiceover the entire showcase, so if you wish it, your collection (and you) can remain completely anonymous.

In which case, introverts and crime bosses, please feel free to get in touch.  :) 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • Volunteer
1 hour ago, Candyflip said:

Uncle Mack is next!

A pleasure being in Gippsland and chatting with Michael - one cool guy and one really diverse collection.

Cool room and a fantastically eclectic collection. Thanks for the time taken to produce the video @Candyflip and for happily participating and letting us in to your world @unclemack.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1

Thanks Uncle Mack. Your video has led me to Max Richter and "Sarajevo" and "Voices" and "Memoryhouse". What an incredible minimalist and somewhat meloncholy British composer.

And thanks also for opening up your wonderful story and vinyl collection.

• Care 1

Thanks for sharing your fantastic collection and insights into some of your picks Uncle Mack.

I am going to check a few of them out.

Also, who is the album at around the 13:00 mark?, the album that had the "freaky" album cover.

Loved your locally made speakers too!

• Care 1

2 hours ago, treb said:

Also, who is the album at around the 13:00 mark?, the album that had the "freaky" album cover.

If I may?

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2019)

Maybe start with this one below, if you want the best feel for her stuff.

LP1
image.png.eafbe0842ceb748b582ef57fa6fc1ed5.png

Edited by Candyflip

14 hours ago, unclemack said:

Thank you Jon ( @Candyflip ) for coming over. Had a ball doing this. I know I banged on a bit but once I get going about my records, all bets are off!! 
cheers. M

don't be silly - if you didn't bang on, I wouldn't have much of a story to show would I?  :) 

• Like 6

• Volunteer
10 minutes ago, Candyflip said:

don't be silly - if you didn't bang on, I wouldn't have much of a story to show would I?  :) 

@unclemack - I prefer to think of it as demonstrating an overt passion for the subject at hand and you conveyed that very well; your enthusiasm and love for your collection is infectious.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1