Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Well the problem with the unit was a non working sled motor, faulty laser and a damaged spindle. I gave it away to a service repairer/diyer in Melbourne that used it as parts as his unit was in poor condition.

I have a few Classe, Wadia and Krell spinner doorstops that I might be offloading soon as they are unrepairable not for free mind you.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Oh man, why couldn't it be black.  Would be interesting to see how well it matches up with the FL CD Three.  Just couldn't handle a silver amp with a black CD player though.   :wacko:

Well I've started the bidding off.

Edit. And Thxs to assza for posting these links. The thread is named "Great buys on eBay." and one person's great buy is another's  'you have to be kidding buy'...it's all subjective in the end and I along with a heap of others are grateful for the members who trawl sites to present these links.

Remember when Eggy used to do them before he became indolent and slothful and then there was Multiplex man  and a host of others. Wd to all of them.

It's mine now (or will be tomorrow afternoon when I pick it up). I suppose I'll be selling the Nitty Gritty soon.

Edited by Pegasus
  • Like 1

One of my favourites back in the day. This example has a crackling problem. Usually, that indicates a faulty front end diff amp transistor, or a fault somewhere in the tone amp. Additionally, that variant of the 1070 has a plastic front panel, which indicates it is an early one. That variant employed a rather poor quality protection relay (milky coloured, rather than clear plastic). Easy to replace with a better quality type though. Confidential Marantz failure rate data indicated that the Marantz 1070 enjoyed a 0.5% failure rate during the warranty period, placing it as one of the most reliable Marantz amps ever made. TO3, full complementary output stages makes the thing almost unbreakable. Nice sound quality and good looking to boot.