Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Channel Receiver

Has anyone got one of these Onkyo AV receivers? I am thinking of getting one as my Sony STR-DN1050 is playing up. Just wondering if there are any negatives about this particular receiver?

Hopefully someone can chime in.

Cheers :)

JB Hifi had Onkyo's on special - 40% off.

Just wanted something for my HT. Already have a reasonable 2 channel audio system and just wanted to see if there were any significant negatives on this model before purchase.

some whirlpool forum members bought these a few months back when on another special. along with the denon, yamaha, pioneer and sony. they all seemed to be going out cheap at some time in the last few months.

a small number of the the onks have had a hdmi issue still. this carries over from the debacle of a while ago. anyway most seem very happy with it and it has a warranty so at the price not much down side i guess.

As a general rule, ignore the so called power rating of an AVR; it is misleading, usually for 2 channels, sometimes even 1.  The power consumption of the AVR is a better indicator, the higher the better. 

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I bit the bullet and ordered the Onkyo. At that price point and being released this year, it has all the features I need. I use a dedicated 2 channel system for my music and the AV Receiver is only to watch TV , movies and Foxtel.

Will let you know how it goes after I pick it up tomorrow.

Cheers