Krix Owners & Discussion Thread

I bought my Krix from hifi trader, and I've bought a bunch of other stuff there over the years. Even for repeat buyers they seem unprepared to "deal" (although there occasional vouchers can come in handy.

I love Krix, but tend to buy at places other than hifi trader if I can.....

I wonder if the philosophy will change at all since the fire, or whether they'll build an audition room?

Kent

• 4 weeks later...

I finally recieved my neuphonix. All I can say for now is wow. I'll post later my take on them. Initial impressions are good but I want to run them In first. My parasound will have to remain impatient. Finish was of course in Jarrah looks the business. -> runs off to go listen some more.

I finally recieved my neuphonix. All I can say for now is wow. I'll post later my take on them. Initial impressions are good but I want to run them In first. My parasound will have to remain impatient. Finish was of course in Jarrah looks the business. -> runs off to go listen some more.

I own VAFS and live in SA. Purchased the VAFS at a great price so ruled out Krix however in my ventures

I have toured the Krix factory at Hackham and was blown away with the total production process.

The team work and enthusiasm the staff have for their products is a testament to the quality that creates the WOW factor.

I purchased the seismix 5 subwoofer and a pair of KDX for rears in Jarrah (hand picked the wood grain in the factory).

Sold the KDX's as I purhased large VAF's for rears.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have been meaning to pay VAF a visit, just haven't gotten around to it. :P

I drove to the VAf store on the weekend to test their DC7s. I spent a good 45 minutes listening to those plus their other speaker ranges.

They are a remarkable speaker. The build quality is perfect. The sound through the varying genres of music was tremendous. At some points it was like having the musician in front of you, playing for you.

I sat with the main person who runs VAF (Im crap with names) and as he took me from room to room listening to the ranges it reminded me of the days of great customer service

Its not often you get treated like a customer whose going to drop $100,000 on a set of speakers. I bought the DC7's for $1800 (plus cable, banana plugs and an upgrade to the tassie oak)

There was no hard sell. The speakers sold themselves. I live in Adelaide and its the first time I have ever been to the store. I should have gone a long time ago.

My only gripe? a 10 week build time. I want them now.

I went to Adelaide last December for one week. I visited the Krix factory, but I need not have the chance to visit VAF Research.

The owner is Phil Vafiadis. Based on what I have heard, he is extremely enthusiastic about his products.

I have no doubt that VAF manufactures very good loudspeakers.

It is great to have 2 (I am sure there are more) Australian manufacturers of loudspeakers that manufacture world-class loudspeakers at sensational prices for us Australian customers.

Dan.

I drove to the VAf store on the weekend to test their DC7s. I spent a good 45 minutes listening to those plus their other speaker ranges.

They are a remarkable speaker. The build quality is perfect. The sound through the varying genres of music was tremendous. At some points it was like having the musician in front of you, playing for you.

I sat with the main person who runs VAF (Im crap with names) and as he took me from room to room listening to the ranges it reminded me of the days of great customer service

Its not often you get treated like a customer whose going to drop $100,000 on a set of speakers. I bought the DC7's for $1800 (plus cable, banana plugs and an upgrade to the tassie oak)

There was no hard sell. The speakers sold themselves. I live in Adelaide and its the first time I have ever been to the store. I should have gone a long time ago.

Helped a close friend install his dc7's and dc6 centre in blackwood plus the two vaf subs.

He purchased my Yam 1800 avr plus my pio lx 71. We finished about midnight. I calibrated them for him and we both sat up listening to various sound tracks and played a couple of sample br's.

I was so impressed with the sound that I decided to extend our listening sessions to 3 am this morning.

Time (yawn) for bed.

Helped a close friend install his dc7's and dc6 centre in blackwood plus the two vaf subs.

He purchased my Yam 1800 avr plus my pio lx 71. We finished about midnight. I calibrated them for him and we both sat up listening to various sound tracks and played a couple of sample br's.

I was so impressed with the sound that I decided to extend our listening sessions to 3 am this morning.

Time (yawn) for bed.

Hi Kris,

The Krix Epicentrix centre channel loudspeaker will require about 100 hours of running-in, before it starts performing at its best.

It performs well with modest levels of power, but really perform with a decent amount of good-quality power.

I would just say, sit back and enjoy it!

Dan.

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread. A mate of mine has just purchased the Krix Neuphonix (Fronts) and Krix Epicentrix centre channel and Acoustix for surrounds and ask me if he should run them as large or small (Fronts & Centre)? He is powering them with a Wyred for Sound 5.1 power amp and an Anthem 50v pre-pro. He also has 2 SVS subs, see link below:

http://www.svsound.com/view-all?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14

I'm not familiar with the Krix range but from what I've read on the internet from other owners Krix themselves say the centre and Neuphonix should be set to large. The Neuphonix are the rear ported version as you can get front ported by request.

Thanks.

If HT use only, then setting them to small with a crossover no higher than 80Hz is probably going to work fine and be easiest to set up.

If looking to use in 2.2 stereo from time to time, then probably worth trying both options (and several crossover points) and see which sounds better.

Edited by Quark

• 2 months later...

Simon,

I would recommend setting them to small.

I had them set as large for a while, and when listening to them loudly, and with a lot of LFE, they can clip, ever so slightly. As soon as I changed them to small, then no worries.

I did read that speakers with drivers smaller than 6" should be set as small.

Cheers,

Chris

• 1 year later...

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Looking for a review of the Equinox.

Could not find on this forum - perhaps. I missed it.

THR

Don't go by review ! Go and listen to them.

Speakers are a bit like a women , you never know until you hear them . :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

This is for current owners who lost their info booklets and for future owners who want to know what they are getting.

I bought a pair of these needing a refoam, I could not find any information on the net for them so I sent an

email to KRIX and within 24 hours Michael Cox (marketing manager) sent me 2 pdf’s about them.

Thank you Michael!!

Hopefully the pdf’s uploaded for future reference?

IMPAX 2-0.pdf

IMPAX.pdf