HT Upgrades

Thanks Al. Been reading your atmos journey. Where did you end up placing speakers re listening position.  I see can be between 30 and 45 degrees and I assume that whatever you chose for fronts you placed the backs at the same.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, bbar said:

Thanks Al. Been reading your atmos journey. Where did you end up placing speakers re listening position.  I see can be between 30 and 45 degrees and I assume that whatever you chose for fronts you placed the backs at the same.

hi bbar, mine is not totally symmetrical, in that fronts are 39 deg, rears are right on 30 degrees. positioning you will find constrained with your own setting...ie whats behind the plaster but also other speaker positions seating etc. while my rear heights are a tad closer I think thats a good thing... as we dont hear as well from back of our heads....and while limited wiht beams in the ceiling i had choice to either come a tad closer and be bang on minimum requirement or go further out and be on the outer past. i thought better to stay on spec. and also meant got a good spread of speakers with the in ceiling amongst the rest. I didnt really want the in ceilings on top of the other speakers or too close to the side walls corners etc not only due to sonically what that might do but also with what constraints mounting into the ceiling beings with going to the edges where often have a lot of other stuff running. sewer etc. in end am very pleased way things worked out ! :D

hi bbar, mine is not totally symmetrical, in that fronts are 39 deg, rears are right on 30 degrees. positioning you will find constrained with your own setting...ie whats behind the plaster but also other speaker positions seating etc. while my rear heights are a tad closer I think thats a good thing... as we dont hear as well from back of our heads....and while limited wiht beams in the ceiling i had choice to either come a tad closer and be bang on minimum requirement or go further out and be on the outer past. i thought better to stay on spec. and also meant got a good spread of speakers with the in ceiling amongst the rest. I didnt really want the in ceilings on top of the other speakers or too close to the side walls corners etc not only due to sonically what that might do but also with what constraints mounting into the ceiling beings with going to the edges where often have a lot of other stuff running. sewer etc. in end am very pleased way things worked out ! [emoji3]

Thanks Al, good stuff to know. Experience is worth everything in this game! Too much snake oil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk