Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I sold my 203 already..

not gonna buy another Oppo, if SLT without Nic in the loop.

the boss of SLT is just like AVONE...

NO FREAKIN IDEA HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS!!

jus buy from China...

SLT can't even answer calls!!!

the boss is so full of himself, that there is no time for small fish..

Warranty??? hmmmm..

if u can't have staff, jus because u can't afford to pay your staff proper pay, get out of the business!!

a real waste of time, human being...

give up your dealership to AVONE,

yup!!

I know, the price will go up by 25% to 30%,

but at least the clowns at AVONE will replace u with a cheaper option like marantz or Denon!!!

hahahaha!!!!

I am the only person who will stir Dragons out of their liar...

no one will be a straight shooter like me in xtremeplace.

I tell it as it is..

pay ur staff well, n u can see long term rewards.

to the boss of SLT, GET YOUR MARLBLES TOGETHER, N VALUE YOUR STAFF!!

PAY THEM ACCORDINGLY!!

I am the only person who will stir Dragons out of their liar...

no one will be a straight shooter like me in xtremeplace.

I tell it as it is..

pay ur staff well, n u can see long term rewards.

to the boss of SLT, GET YOUR MARLBLES TOGETHER, N VALUE YOUR STAFF!!

PAY THEM ACCORDINGLY!!

Bro. Fully agree with you.

But do you mean marbles or Marlboro?

Confused leh. Lol

?

hehehehe!!

no marlboro for me.. i smoke dunhill.

to all xtremers out there..

i speak what i want to say, n i say it as it is.

No cock n bull story!!

There is two types of available jailbreak now. One is 1229, u cant further go any version beyond this u less u send the set to china jailbreaker flash it with 0329.Its not simple as previous usb jailbreak, require open box and flash via special jig.

Another method is directly buy the set from him with pre-jailbreak with 0329.

Btw,unfortunately there is still no any jailbreak firmware after 0329 which support dolby vision, as this feature was released after june version. For those who fussy with this feature can just keep waiting till the day durian drop...

Well, I'm already on 0329, so the firmware should still work for me!  Can you post or PM me a link to the place in China that does it? 

Also, can other people who are on later versions just remove the flash chip on it and reprogram externally like with the PS3?

By the way, a diy version 103 machine is coming out soon with jailbreak ready. Price at least half price of current used 103D. I may create a MO for it once released.Stay tune.

That would be awesome!  I know a lot of people that would buy a 103 and 203 this way.  Do you have more information?

Okay, the "boss man" himself havr finally responded...I have asked him to make a post here soon to help clarify what actually happened for the last few days...including no answer to phone calls from customers and perhaps to share what he is been busy all these while. Bottom line is, SLT is still very much "alive" ...hopefully this will instil some level of confidence to existing customers here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The issue is, will they be bringing in the 203 and 205?

Have ended up emailing oppo directly and have sent it to them to fix. From what they tell me they have not encountered this issue before and all fingers point to the laser not reading thw disk. Will take a few weeks considering it's the silly season!

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:26 AM, highfijunky said:

So I am new to this forum and I basically stumbled upon the oppo just by searching the web for a high end DVD player.  I am very much a novice when it comes to this product, but the oppo 205 looks like a great buy as does the 203.  My question for the members is the best place to buy an oppo online.  I was on crutchfield and their prices are more competitive versus buying from oppo, but they don't offer an extended service contract directly from them.  It's offered by squaretrade and I have heard pros and cons on that warranty.  Any good advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks!!

When we didn't have our own distributor HFjunky the service from Oppo America was second to none ; even forgiving region free modifications done to players needing warranty repairs . As to extended warranties out here we have legislated fair use doctrines so extended warranties can be a bit of a take to put it mildly :winky: cant speak to the consumer protection laws /rights you have as it varies by state [ unbelievably :ohmy:]  but don't let them make you pay for something you already have .. Oppo has a 2year warranty which is better than the 1 you get elsewhere and a player isn't as complicated as an avr or projector.. 

I called SLT for the last 4 days and no one answer. What is happening ?

I placed an order with a dealer in August 2017 for a UDP 203 and last week the dealer asked me to contact SLT directly on the stocks status? Seriously??

Something is wrong with SLT.... closed down? Lost the Oppo player agency? Bankrupt? What is happening ?

Now I cant even get a refund from the dealer and asking me to substitute for other items which I am not interested.

Anyone can help? If not I will bring this up to CASE.

I called SLT for the last 4 days and no one answer. What is happening ?

Apologies, but we haven't visited Xtremeplace for long time - thanks to Bro Desray for notifying us. We mostly use our Facebook pages nowadays (https://www.facebook.com/SLTTechnologiesSG/ and https://www.facebook.com/slttechindo/). Our phone line (67023328) has been working fine, we get many calls everyday - not sure why you couldn't call in, may we know what number you have been calling the last 4 days? As for our company, we are doing fine. 203 & 205 targeted arriving January 2018. As for Nick, his replacement arriving January 2018 too. And Nick left us on very good terms, absolutely nothing to do with what has been wrongly said about it. Just check with Nick if you don't believe :-)

Apologies, but we haven't visited Xtremeplace for long time - thanks to Bro Desray for notifying us. We mostly use our Facebook pages nowadays (https://www.facebook.com/SLTTechnologiesSG/). Our phone line (67023328) has been working fine, we get many calls everyday - not sure why you couldn't call in, may we know what number you have been calling the last 4 days? As for our company, we are doing fine. 203 & 205 targeted arriving January 2018. As for Nick, his replacement arriving January 2018 too. And Nick left us on very good terms, absolutely nothing to do with what has been wrongly said about it. Just check with Nick if you don't believe :-)

Thks SLT for clearing the air.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I posted extensively on what the 205 is like in use and also quite a bit in comparing with the ub900 

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/234789-oppo-205-uhd-universal-player-a-2nd-coming-an-end-users-perspective/?do=findComment&comment=3778056

I can see why people would buy the 203/205 or the pana 900 for that matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, :) al said:

I posted extensively on what the 205 is like in use and also quite a bit in comparing with the ub900 

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/234789-oppo-205-uhd-universal-player-a-2nd-coming-an-end-users-perspective/?do=findComment&comment=3778056

I can see why people would buy the 203/205 or the pana 900 for that matter.

Weren't you the one that reported having issues with dealing with Oppo over the problems with your 203?  I vaguely remember problems with resolution when playing UHD disks compared to the UB900.

I've had the UB900 now since May and it has been flawless and have not had to call Panasonic at all, as for updates, I just turned it on last night and it automatically downloaded the latest update.