Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

OK here's another glitch check for newer Oppo owners to test. With your Oppo turned on in standby mode just press and open the loading door and insert a 4K movie, then wait, when the main opening screen shows up on your video source look at the symbol to see (in my case) that he player says there's no Blueray inside, but just open and close the door again and hey presto by magic there's one in there now. How come?

2 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

OK here's another glitch check for newer Oppo owners to test. With your Oppo turned on in standby mode just press and open the loading door and insert a 4K movie, then wait, when the main opening screen shows up on your video source look at the symbol to see (in my case) that he player says there's no Blueray inside, but just open and close the door again and hey presto by magic there's one in there now. How come?

You need to determined whether it's the disc or the player. 

for the  disc you need to try it on another 4K player, and preferably on the same model OPPO you have running on the Sam FW and set up to determined whether it's another FW release that can fix this issue.  

6 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Not an excuse for the behaviour ageless but wondering if the oppo was in another mode say expecting to play a file instead and its just the logic of the mechanism ? See if it repeats the behaviour after putting it in standby and putting another disc in subsequently to the 1st ..

44 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

By these 2 replies am I assume it doesn't happen on your Oppos or you didn't try this out boys? Firmware is the lastest D/L Disc was Kingsmen.

never had anything like that ageless, but then have never tried anything like that either :D  i'll explore if you like next time.

i suspect with everything shut down its just a handshake gone astray. and so could be very system dependant as to what happens. but anyways i will explore :)

1 hour ago, agelessgoodguy said:

By these 2 replies am I assume it doesn't happen on your Oppos or you didn't try this out boys? Firmware is the lastest D/L Disc was Kingsmen.

Was just the logic of my 103d ageless as I used it predominately for m2ts files but Al will get to the bottom of it ..'

Your sub menu does partition of different processes ;) Maybe see if it happens in both eco mode and full power standby ? loading circuitry may need to wake up . 

• Volunteer
11 hours ago, :) al said:

hmm.... new firmware update ? already ? 

Yep that dropped on the weekend, I updated mine on Saturday after a quick check on AVS to make sure no one else's players had suffered any complications from it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kazz said:

Yep that dropped on the weekend, I updated mine on Saturday after a quick check on AVS to make sure no one else's players had suffered any complications from it.

Mostly just DV tweaking and bug fixes for particular UDH discs?

Nothing about improved black floor for SDRBT2020 yet is there?

Yeah I got that a few days ago too. Just waiting for Sony to release the DV firmware update for the TV. Don't know why they are taking so long seeing they made the TV's capable of using DV.

Guest psychobilly

The local distributor........ They not working ah.... Why no 203/205 available sia

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

U mean 203 no stock? I got mine from local distributor but 205 no sound

I think 203 no stock since June.

Probably < 10qty local stock 205 owner in SG.

Not sure whether has this been asked.

But did anyone managed to program their Oppo on the Starhub Universal Remote Control DVD button?

oSv3DMM.jpg

Guest psychobilly

The 203 did have stock. But you need to reserve directly with SLT. SLT also does sell directly. So for obvious reasons, they would rather sell directly themselves if they can.

There was stock in July.

Yup I bought from SLT via Lazada which was $10 lower off the selling price

They were not aware so they agreed to “honour” Lazada price lol

Only $10 nia

I just tested the 203 using it as CD transport to play music CDs, quality is far off from expectations... hopefully the 205 will not disappoint ... player is good for 4K HDR and Dolby vision, excellent. No issues playing high quality remux files encoded in hevc containers and HDR content...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just tested the 203 using it as CD transport to play music CDs, quality is far off from expectations... hopefully the 205 will not disappoint ... player is good for 4K HDR and Dolby vision, excellent. No issues playing high quality remux files encoded in hevc containers and HDR content...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a BRP and not a pure CDP - the latter function serves as a versatile platform and that's it. You want something of a quality, you are better off to invest in a DAC of your budget. 205 just boxed all it in, clearly a step-up as always but you can't eliminate the fact that it is not a standalone player for music due to many features embedded in.

I see, I wasn’t aware CD transport alone makes such a difference. I’m using a standalone dac for music for both cases. I just swap between two different CD transport. Everything else remains the same in the chain. Theoretically the cd transport just sends in the digital signal to the dac. I thought end result would be the same since the dac is responsible. But clearly not the case. So CD transport for music does make a difference.

For $700 more it's probably better to buy a 205..

Moot for now since neither retail locally ..

It's been quiet so far.

多花 $3,700 也值得!相信售價是大家最關心的要素,OPPO UDP-203 SE 歐酷版的售價為 $8,999,比標準版多花 $3,700,筆者試完也覺得值得的,兩聲道效果有很大的改善,人聲變得更通透,高低頻延伸更佳,而弱音方面亦更細緻豐富。然而標準版亦會繼續發售,同樣是 $5,299。