Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I have not had any playback issues for a number of months now. YMMV.

Variability in tone mapping for UHD's due to the lack of a "Standard " may mean that some discs still look cr#%, but that's not the Oppo's fault. 

Hi all,

I m looking to get the udp-203 . However my avr is the 1st gen  avr-7200 without the "wa"

Would I be able to play bk uhd disc

That has nothing to do with the ability to play 4k discs. Have a look at the Denon website for the enhancements of the WA board exchange.

Even with a HDMI 1.4 amp, you can play and get lossless sound. But the range of options of decoding of sound formats is limited.

After jailbreak 1229 installation, are we still able to use the oppo MediaControl apps?

In order to use the app, is it required to have latest firmware installation in oppo 203?

I use the oppo media control with a JB 203 only thing is I have to add player manually by ip address. I can browse network files and control player through app. Works great to be honest.

Hi all,

I came across this thread on a Google search for the Oppo 203 jailbreak. I have been holding off buying the Oppo for the past few weeks once I learned of the issues with JB'ing the latest firmware.  Is there currently a way for me to buy a player that can still be JB'ed while being able to upgrade to the recent firmware?  I am in the US, but am open to purchasing a player from anywhere as long as I can still read the menus!  :)

No is the answer unfortunately, I have JB 203 and stuck on old fw, Dolby vision update just released and if I update I lose JB, tough decisions at the minute.

On 2017-6-20 at 5:42 PM, Addicted to music said:

http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/video-player/blu-ray/oppo-udp-205-4k-ultra-hd-audiophile-blu-ray-disc-player-review/

finally we have some distortion plots...

OPPO top of the line players have always measured well.

Anyone else notice that both the hometheaterhifi.com and the http://hometheaterreview.com/ advertise the OPPO 205 on their sites or is it just me with my cookies?

Edited by Seandres

Guest psychobilly

Any reliable 4K/UHD HDMI cables to recommend for the Oppo 203?

I know it comes with 1 cable but I wanna get some

Thanks!

No is the answer unfortunately, I have JB 203 and stuck on old fw, Dolby vision update just released and if I update I lose JB, tough decisions at the minute.

I just got a 203. My old player is a 93 which I believe is region-free. So what will I missed out on the non-JB 203? Region B and C Blu-ray? Many of the blu-ray comes with multi-region these days..so I supposed we will be able to watch 90% of the blu-ray titles out there correct? Also HK, JPN should be region A too correct?

• Volunteer
3 minutes ago, blairy1503559527 said:

My player keeps telling me there is a FW update available.  When I try and update server is unavailable?????

I didn't realise there was already another FW update.

You can download it HERE

Then do it via usb.

• Volunteer
Just now, blairy1503559527 said:

Yupp, it's up on the interdyne website.  Downloading now

Just make sure you take note of the warning about which FW you're currently on before you try to install this one.