Ces 2011 - Star Wars Blu-ray Announcement

The other thing about buying locally is the availability of past titles. Just bought The Office Season 7, Soldier, Monster Squad and Limited Edition Gettysburg and Gods and Generals pack all on Blu. No way those will be in Aus in the near future.

Also love my Leading Edge shop. After two weeks, excess new release blus are marked down to aroung $14. I've picked up blus from their for $5.

Then there's the ones that haven't even been released here yet that have been OS...

JSmith :ninja:

And why all 161 of my BD titles have been bought locally. If I imported, on the same $$$ outlay, my collection could be about 300 by now. I am a local business and therefore I support local business.

I work for a UK company in their small MEL office and I'm paid directly from UK each month. So it's all 'UK pounds' and I spend it on Amazon (US and UK) without any guilt what-so-ever! I buy only occasionally from JB (98% from one of the Amazons, 1% when I'm travelling o/s on business and 1% from JB). Price is the only consideration, although I do love those skinny US cases...

I work for an Australian Company. I pay 6 figures in direct taxes and a good percentage in other taxes duties etc. What little the Government allows me to keep I think I will spend based on my requirements and wants. Especially when these so called local companies send most of their profit and cost overseas in any case and it is only the few dollars difference that actually stays here.

OK folks now I'm confused. :blink:

Do I order the complete saga from Amazon UK which is still cheaper than Big W's price even with priority delivery (supposedly 2 -4 days) or do I do as Gerry Harvey sympathiser Mr Tetcher is doing and buy it locally?

Do I order the complete saga from Amazon UK which is still cheaper than Big W's price even with priority delivery (supposedly 2 -4 days) or do I do as Gerry Harvey sympathiser Mr Tetcher is doing and buy it locally?

go with your conscience!

I did and mine is coming from the UK :P

Edited by bbar

go with your conscience!

I did and mine is coming from the UK :P

Me too. Had one on order in each of US and UK, but since the UK order has gone into "dispatching soon", I have cancelled the US one. Free shipping will be a torturously long wait, but at a final AU price of $72, I am happy enough :mellow:

There is only one T in Techer, thanks.

you must do what you feel is right of course

When are we going to see some reviews? It has been a very strange build-up/release schedule -_-

I was under the impression that Star Wars in this country was a bit of 'has been', however the excitement on the forums suggest otherwise. I'll post screenies and my opinion on each title as soon as I get my set next week.

I was under the impression that Star Wars in this country was a bit of 'has been', however the excitement on the forums suggest otherwise. I'll post screenies and my opinion on each title as soon as I get my set next week.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:

Me too. Had one on order in each of US and UK, but since the UK order has gone into "dispatching soon", I have cancelled the US one. Free shipping will be a torturously long wait, but at a final AU price of $72, I am happy enough :mellow:

Interesting to hear that it is shipping so early.... Big W will probably ship my order 3 days after release date :rolleyes: