Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone's tried this (the thread is way too long for me to have read all of it :P), but Digital Home (i.e. JB HiFi online) reportedly have (low) stocks @ $2996, including free delivery and installation:

That's the going ticket price and delivery and installation is 'free' anyway

OK so I purchased mine today at DJs Adelaide. Naturally I was slightly concerned about availability, the helpful sales guy double checked with Pioneer on the phone while I was there and it seems I was lucky - today is the last day for DJs to put in their requests for allocation with Pioneer. Whether this means no more for them, or no more across the board, and whether this is just adelaide, I am not sure.

Can anyone confirm when the shipment of Pioneers is meant to arrive. I am hoping to get one before 8/8/08 Olympics. Willing to pay $2700.
More than happy to pay that money if I can find a retailer with stock available now.

You are joking arn't you???! :rolleyes:

Pioneer use contractors to do the delivery and install. The guys that did mine have their own Home Theatre Install business as do the others i would assume.

Most stores generally have them in stock ( depending on the model - you will have trouble finding a 508xda)

I believe Pioneer use contractors as well as their own staff. My installers were Pioneer people with Pioneer shirts and Pioneer splashed all over their professional looking van. I even asked them and they said they were Pioneer employees so they obviously use contractors to supplement their own installers.

What's the difference? well I don't really know as I have not dealt with the contractors but I feel better knowing I had Pioneer personel install my 508XDA.

I believe Pioneer use contractors as well as their own staff. My installers were Pioneer people with Pioneer shirts and Pioneer splashed all over their professional looking van. I even asked them and they said they were Pioneer employees so they obviously use contractors to supplement their own installers.

What's the difference? well I don't really know as I have not dealt with the contractors but I feel better knowing I had Pioneer personel install my 508XDA.

Funnily enough the guys who installed mine had Pioneer Polo's on too :P

I wonder if they do a quick change before installing the different brands :lol:

Edited by spalmills

Funnily enough the guys who installed mine had Pioneer Polo's on too :P

I wonder if they do a quick change before installing the different brands :lol:

spalmills & marsupial,

Your installers were not Joel and Peter by any chance.

As they both came in what looked like a brand new white Pio van and the shmick Pio Polo tops when they installed my 508xda.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

Our installers wore Pioneer shirts had a big pioneer on there van sold pioneer approved cables etc (if wanted) & were contractors!

Well i bought mine around the 1st week of April. Still waiting, hahaha :(.

I am really thinking of just giving up and getting a different tv. I mean i have already paid for the current tv.

For ref, i got it from the JB Hifi in in Macarthur.

I just dont know...

I am really thinking of just giving up and getting a different tv. I mean i have already paid for the current tv.

For ref, i got it from the JB Hifi in in Macarthur.

I just dont know...

I was in JB Penrith today and they are still selling the 508XDA, i asked are they still avaiable? he said they still have a few, also mentioned a promotion starting where you buy a panel and a reciever and you recieve a free 550 dvd recorder!!

Get on to them and find out how far away your TV is. The 508xda is an awesome screen. I don't think anything else on the market in the $2500-3000 bracket comes close.

Guest EZYHD
Are there any known problems with the PDP508xda?

I for one have not heard of any for this model. Have 5 friends who have the 507 & 508 all very happy.

So far only the 7 & SBS "synching" problem - but from indications in another thread the fix is being tested and should be available sometime this week. Apart from that, this panel is FANTASTIC :D

If you use the "audio out", you may your amp to put a delay on the signal. The internal speakers don't have the issue.

Ben

Just got told by myer and jb that there are none of these left.

myer maroochydore have one on the floor, claim it was installed last week but customer found it too big and swapped it out for a 42" :blink:

thats the end of the good news, they wouldn't go below $2800, for an open box I offered $2500 but they wouldn't bite :angry:

myer maroochydore have one on the floor, claim it was installed last week but customer found it too big and swapped it out for a 42" :blink:

thats the end of the good news, they wouldn't go below $2800, for an open box I offered $2500 but they wouldn't bite :angry:

Myer BJ sold their display for sub $2400....so you should be right...

Myer BJ sold their display for sub $2400....so you should be right...

...i found a Hardly Norman in Sydneys north that had a display 50XDA ...he wanted $2999 for it, even after i stated that this is what was being offered for brand new ones from the like of JB Hifi (not that they had stock of course)... he wouldn't budge, claiming the RRP was still $4399 or something and that it was a massive saving off ORP. This was after spotting another demo that was sold for $2450 or thereabouts in Myer in the same shopping area. :huh:

They are great TV's but $3k for a second hand demo model thats been running for 12hrs a day for the last 6 months, after peeps were getting them for ~$2600-2800 new? Hmm.