Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

FYI we're in Canberra - I've been waiting since 27 March for delivery ....

I'd be asking for my money back (I did). If it's been more than a month, then they're probably waiting on the next shipment from Japan, which isn't due in until June (?). I think a month is reasonable.. no more tho.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey satz / spacetime ... any word on your orders? Haven't been game to ring Pioneer once again as it's too depressing ...

FYI we're in Canberra - I've been waiting since 27 March for delivery ....

Hi Solyxius,

mine will be delivered tomorrow! You bought yours at HN, right? I bought mine at Myer 31/3, so maybe it is one of the Myer Brisbane ones that I'm getting.

I hope you'll get yours soon too, the uncertainty is such a pain.

Cheers,

spacetime

Good news spacetime! Happy for you .... must be a load off!

I rang HN as soon as I saw your message, but alas, nothing yet .... I'll call my mate at Myer and see how yours came in ...

Edit - Spoke to Myer, yours wasn't a transfer from Myer Brisbane, it's a delivery from Pioneer direct - they haven't come in yet, apparently tomorrow morning, so hopefully mine will be on the same truck - can't see Pioneer driving all the way with only some of the Canberra orders onboard. Dude at Myer will text me when they come in so I can hassle HN.

Edited by solyxius

Edit - Spoke to Myer, yours wasn't a transfer from Myer Brisbane, it's a delivery from Pioneer direct - they haven't come in yet, apparently tomorrow morning, so hopefully mine will be on the same truck - can't see Pioneer driving all the way with only some of the Canberra orders onboard. Dude at Myer will text me when they come in so I can hassle HN.

That's strange, zzkaku (sorry forgot the correct name) mentioned in the "waiting room" thread that his will be delivered today, also Canberra.

Edit: If it is from Pioneer direct, then it must be from the new shipment from Japan. This means we all should get ours very soon!!!

Edited by spacetime

I'm interested to see if his actually comes today ... no word so far, might be busy playing with it!

Myer said they hadn't arrived in store at 3pm when I spoke to them. However, at the very least there appears to be action where for 4-5 weeks there was none ... (given some other posts in the Waiting Room thread).

HN said they would deliver it free as soon as they had it so I didn't have to wait for the installers to be available.

Fingers crossed - juices gathering!

Hey space, zzkazu did get his today .... and with yours booked for tomorrow, looks like I'll be the only one in Canberra drumming my fingers ... (and I bloody well ordered before both of you! ;-).

Put everyone onto my guy at Myer but didn't buy from him myself - should've (well the HN deferred payment 22 months interest free was better for me). I did get a great price on a Wii from him though ...

Hey space, zzkazu did get his today .... and with yours booked for tomorrow, looks like I'll be the only one in Canberra drumming my fingers ... (and I bloody well ordered before both of you! ;-).

Put everyone onto my guy at Myer but didn't buy from him myself - should've (well the HN deferred payment 22 months interest free was better for me). I did get a great price on a Wii from him though ...

There is also satz! He ordered on April 1st from Myer Canberra, I wonder if he gets his tomorrow as well?

I hope he didn't get the April fools plasma. :)

If mine is from Pioneer direct, i'm sure you will get your call tomorrow solyxius.

hey guys, looking at buying one of these tomorrow in brisbane.... what are my chances of finding one in stock, are they all gone? :(

Whatever you do, make sure they have it in stock! If not, get an exact date as to when they will.. otherwise you'll be at the mercy of "We were expecting some in earlier this week but.." or "Our Pioneer rep has told us that we should be receiving some the start of next week..."

Amazing :) No matter how much I talked it down a year ago (to justify going for the panasonic) its no comparison. Just simply amazing picture, and the black looks so expensive :)

Good to hear :) May I ask what pana did you have?

Im upgrading from a pana panel too (see sig) and patiently waiting on the XDA. Hope I get the same reaction as you.

Hi all,

I got one for $2620 on 6 month interest free from Clive Peters Malvern. Hope that's decent. BTW I actually witnessed the tv next door at the warehouse, waiting for pioneer to come and install now.

seems to be a good price.. do you happen to remember the name of the salesperson?

LOL

Is this consumerism at its best or what!

12 months with a plasma and you need another one?

I know it really is none of my business but is the Panasonic plasma that bad?

Panasonic is in the lounge, Pioneer is in my room :)

Its not like the panasonic is going anywhere, we hope to get at least 5 more years. More if its still kicking.

(it was either a large plasma or a large monitor for my pc, i went hte plasma and will have PC connected to it for viewing movies)

CA i assume stands for Clive Anthonies

Edited by davidols

so what do guys think? is this the time to buy, or is it better to wait till the price drops another few hundred? is it now or never?

That is tough to answer and only Pioneer knows the real answer.

However based on seeing Pioneer say last shipment is due in June and a lot of that apprently is already spoken for I would say grab one anytime from now at anything under $2700, just my thought on the matter.

Even if the price dropped 10-20% would it really matter? you would have the best panel possible and the thing is you will actually have it where as at that price I reckon you would be hard pressed to find any in stock anywhere.