Official Hd Dvd Owners Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't want to pour water on your flames, but those back ordered dvds could be your downfall.

the sale excludes back ordered stock, and the sale ends on the 18th. If your order doesn't ship before then, they might remove the discount ...

I actually wanted to pick up a couple of HD DVDs as well, but every single one I wanted was out of stock.

just a thought :blink:

Andrew.

possible, but if you put something in your cart that isn't released until after that date, the discount doesn't apply, so hopefully all will be good. Surely they would contact you before charging more than you agreed to.

possible, but if you put something in your cart that isn't released until after that date, the discount doesn't apply, so hopefully all will be good. Surely they would contact you before charging more than you agreed to.

yep, I read the terms wrong its only pre-orders, not out of stock items that are excluded.

having said that, electronics are definitely excluded so its fingers crossed time until I get a shipping notice :blink:

Andrew.

yep, I read the terms wrong its only pre-orders, not out of stock items that are excluded.

having said that, electronics are definitely excluded so its fingers crossed time until I get a shipping notice :blink:

Andrew.

The 20% discount offer applies to most available DVDs, UMDs, HD-DVDs, Blu-Rays, and posters. Pre-releases, titles marked with a (), electronics, video games and toys are excluded from the sale. Your discount is reflected below for applicable items. Thank you for shopping at DeepDiscountDVD.com

so yeah should be right except on the player itself. I guess we have plenty of guys getting thier's shipped here to show that they do it.

Had to go and get this the week after getting 52 DVD's at the Madman $10 per disc sale. How will I ever look at them now :D

For anyone who has bought a player and has access to a mailing address/friend in the US here is a claim form for three free HD-DVD's from Toshiba.

http://www.valueelectronics.com/images/pdf..._DVD_movies.pdf

My CC's been hit this morning, so it is a reality!

My order is still sitting at 'In Process', and my credit card doesn't appear to have been hit, its been two full business days for them since I placed the order as well :blink:

But at least they haven't cancelled the order :ph34r:

Andrew.

and they have sent me an authorisation form for the credit card.

Really ?

I haven't received anything like this.

Has anyone else ?

Andrew.

Well looks like my order went through OK last night after all, got the email from DDD late last night:

Order Number: 2697xxxx

Intended Shipping Method: 10 - 20 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY

Quantity Item # Description Price Status

-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------

1 MCA027777 HDD : THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK ( $ 21.46 New-Price

1 MCA027849 HDD : SERENITY $ 18.26 New-Price

1 MCA030024 HDD : THE FAST & THE FURIOUS-TOKY $ 22.28 Avl 11/16

1 TOS000001 TOSHIBA HD-A1 HD-DVD PLAYER $ 385.10 In-stock

1 WBD080926 HDD : CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FAC $ 18.26 Avl 11/25

1 WBD080946 HDD : TROY $ 18.26 In-stock

1 WBD080965 HDD : THE POLAR EXPRESS $ 18.20 Avl 11/25

1 WBD081030 HDD : V FOR VENDETTA $ 18.26 Avl 11/25

Merchandise Total: $ 520.08

Tax: $ .00

Shipping & Processing: $ 39.95

Total for this Order: $ 560.03

Credit Card Type: V

Got to work thismorning and I got an email from "Infinity Resources" with a credit card validation form.

I faxed it back to them and got a reply straight back saying my order was released!

Got to work thismorning and I got an email from "Infinity Resources" with a credit card validation form.

I have seen no such email.

I wonder if hotmail's spam filter decided to nuke it ...

oh well, I've sent an email to their customer service address, I'm sure it will all work out eventually.

Andrew.

No explanation at all, no email - nothing!

Its driving me nuts, I would call them but i think its after 7PM there so the call centre would be closed, the strange thing is that it has an expected ship date of the 18th?

Has anyone else had it cancelled?

Well, my credit card hasn't yet been hit (paid by AMEX), have not received a credit card authorisation form (mentioned above) and my order on their website is still showing (maybe due to the back orders?):-

Please allow up to 24 hours from the time you place your order for your order status to be updated.

Order ID: xxxxxxxxx

Order Date: 11/14/06

Order Status: OPEN

Order Summary: Item Item

Status Order

Quantity Item

Price Shipped

Quantity Ship

Date Subtotal

HDD : U-571 NEWPRICE 1 $21.46 0 11/24/06 N/A

HDD : SERENITY NEWPRICE 1 $18.26 0 11/24/06 N/A

HDD : KING KONG (THEATRICAL VERSION) IN PROCESS 1 $21.41 0 N/A N/A

HDD : APOLLO 13 NEWPRICE 1 $18.26 0 11/24/06 N/A

HDD : THE LAST SAMURAI BACKORDER 1 $18.26 0 ~11/24/06 N/A

TOSHIBA HD-XA1 HD-DVD PLAYER IN PROCESS 1 $574.94 0 N/A N/A

Shipping: $39.95

Order Total: $712.54

Tax Charged: $0.00

Total Charged: $0.00

:D:P:P:blink:

Just checked the status of my order and it looks like they have cancelled the player :blink:

TOSHIBA HD-A1 HD-DVD PLAYER CANCELLED 1 $385.10 0 11/18/06 N/A

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not good news at all !

Mine still says:

TOSHIBA HD-A1 HD-DVD PLAYER IN PROCESS 1 $385.10 0 N/A N/A

No ship date, and no charge on my credit card.

Fingers are still crossed.

Andrew.

edit: U-571, SERENITY, KING KONG, APOLLO 13 THE LAST SAMURAI BACKORDER nice choice of movies Trigg, you've got some good taste there :D

Are you implying this is normal then?

No, it's not normal. But they would be taking a bath on the $40 shipping cost, even if they send it by sea. Freight costs using USPS Express Mail by Ebay sellers are over $100 for the HD-A1, which is a beast of a player. According to USPS's website, the cost of shipping a 26lb item such as the HD-A1 to Australia (without insurance) is US$135.40, which accords with the fee I paid.