Official Hd Dvd Owners Thread

Out of interest, I went back and created a new order for an HD-A1, and it would not let me apply the DVDTALK code to the player...

oh well, my order is still in process, so who knows it might still happen.

Andrew.

Try another code?

USATODAY

NYTIMES

SUPERSALE

DDDCD

DD1110

DVDPRICESEARCH

LATIMES

ESPN

YAHOO

JIM

WGN

XM

Cheers

Martin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, I went back and created a new order for an HD-A1, and it would not let me apply the DVDTALK code to the player...

oh well, my order is still in process, so who knows it might still happen.

Andrew.

It wont let you use the code twice, just use another in the list that surroundfan gave a few days ago. It works then.

Well i've hedged my bets and placed an order for the XA1 as well, seeing its probable they will cancel the A1 order.

If they both get canceled, t'was not meant to be for me. Then again, i'm up $$$$hit creek if they both go thru!

I would not worry too much so long as you can cover the initial outlay I an certain you will be able to on sell one of them on ebay.

Hey all, for those looking for a step down transformer I just happened to come across this one which is 250W for $79 plus delivery in case you are interested.

http://www.mstation.com.au/ms/products/default.asp?ID=513

did you try while logged in as you? It may recognise that you have already used the coupon. Try logged out if you haven't.

yeah I tried it logged out as well.

also, I was mucking around earlier today and it was still showing the discount when I put one in the basket.

funny, entering one of the other codes worked, maybe they have disabled the DVDTALK code.

Andrew.

************** UPDATE *****************

Don't give up hope.

I emailed them this morning, as I was afraid that I might have deleted the credit card verification email.

I just received this back

Our records indicate that your order have been processed, it is in release confirm stage.

Please be assured that it will be shipped out shortly.

We appreciate your business.

WOO HOO !!!

Andrew.

Edit: Sorry Alpha, I feel bad about being happy when yours was cancelled. Hopefully you just put your credit card details in wrong and having another go will work.

I've sent them a mail asking that if the A1 is out of stock and discontinued then to give me the discount on the XA1 if it is still available.

There should be no problems with the CC details I gave them, they also have photocopies of the front & back of my card so theres no doubt.

I think I just must have pushed the button last so I miss out....such is life

I've sent them a mail asking that if the A1 is out of stock and discontinued then to give me the discount on the XA1 if it is still available.

There should be no problems with the CC details I gave them, they also have photocopies of the front & back of my card so theres no doubt.

I think I just must have pushed the button last so I miss out....such is life

What was your order number cause I think you beat me. mine is 26974217

Well it seems my order for the XA1 is being processed(?)

I've received the email with order confirmation number and its says that the XA1 is "in stock".

Since I ordered the XA1 after I ordered the A1, it should get canceled.

Would have preferred the A1 $$ wise but I'm still happy with the cheap price of the XA1... here's hoping it it's all good.

Well DDD got back to me and all looks very promising - aparantly the HD -XA1 has been shipped

Subject

---------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Service Help

---------------------------------------------------------------

(am) - 11/16/2006 05:51 AM

Order #xxxxxxxx

Our records indicate that the instock items in the order have been shipped on 11/15. The following items are in backorder:

HDD : APOLLO 13 - expected to arrive on 11/27/06

HDD : SERENITY - expected to arrive on 11/26

HDD : THE LAST SAMURAI - expected to arrive on 11/26

The backordered items will be shipped as soon as they arrive in stock. Please be assured of receiving your order at the earliest.

OK, apart from DDD, where else can I purchase HD DVD's at a reasonable price and with a large selection? (Am I asking too much? :blink: )

OK, apart from DDD, where else can I purchase HD DVD's at a reasonable price and with a large selection? (Am I asking too much? :blink: )

dvdpacific are even cheaper than DDD

amazon come a close second (dvdpacific still beat amazon, even with amazons 10% deal).

both of these require purchasing 4 or more discs to spread the pain of the shipping costs (by my calculations).

Andrew.

dvdpacific are even cheaper than DDD

amazon come a close second (dvdpacific still beat amazon, even with amazons 10% deal).

both of these require purchasing 4 or more discs to spread the pain of the shipping costs (by my calculations).

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew

My Blu Ray wish it was on HD DVD collection:-

Black Hawk Down

House of Flying Daggers

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

The Fifth Element

Kingdom of Heaven : Directors Cut

Kung Fu Hustle

Pearl Harbour (Special Edition)

The Transporter

The Transporter 2

mmmm long list (starts saving for Blu Ray!)

What are yours?

Black Hawk Down

House of Flying Daggers

The Fifth Element

Kung Fu Hustle

The Transporter

The Transporter 2

What are yours?

Star trek Voyager. Any episodes with seven of nine in it! :blink:

There is a great guy in Brisbane that will carry hd dvd his name is Mat Goldsmith.

http://dvdstation.com.au/index.php?referer=dvdownunder

After talking with him on the phone I think I will cave in and follow the rest of you guys on this one.

Ben

Black Hawk Down

House of Flying Daggers

The Fifth Element

Kung Fu Hustle

The Transporter

The Transporter 2

What are yours?

20 titles, from Studio Canal, coded in VC-1 & DTS-HD lossless, including these are to be released in Europe:

- Basic Instinct

- The Elephant Man

- The Pianist

- Three Days of the Condor

- Mulholland Drive

- Serpico

- Terminator 2

- The Fog

- Traffic

- The Deer Hunter

I was sure Kingdom Of Heaven was included but edited my original post as I can't find the reference...

http://dvdstation.com.au/index.php?referer=dvdownunder

After talking with him on the phone I think I will cave in and follow the rest of you guys on this one.

That website is atrocious.

Good to see some local support for HD DVD though.

Andrew.

Well, according to my order status screen my entire order has been cancelled.

morning mate.

yeah mine is still sitting at "In Process".

so much for the email yesterday saying "your order will be shipping soon"

Andrew.

Well, according to my order status screen my entire order has been cancelled.

:blink:

Still got the HD-A1 and four discs in the shopping cart while I procrastinate and dither. I wish there was some kind of resolution to this so I can make up my mind here! For the sake of everyone here I hope it all goes well but if that happens I'm likely to hit the 'submit' button and that means big strife with Mrs ajm when that massive carboard box arrives on the doorstop - supposed to be getting the dent in the car fixed, tyres replaced, armchairs in the lounge and two new bookcases - oh yeah and Mrs ajm is getting close to dropping the first (two) Mini-ajm(s) in a few weeks and I imagine that'll be something I need to spend the money on!

So while I've got my fingers crossed for you all my will power is weakening and the wallet groaning.

Mrs ajm is getting close to dropping the first (two) Mini-ajm(s) in a few weeks and I imagine that'll be something I need to spend the money on!

that gets my vote for understatement of the year.

my two little mini-mes have cost more than I thought humanly possible.

my advice: Hit order NOW, buy it while you still have the money :blink:

Andrew.

What was your order number cause I think you beat me. mine is 26974217

Mine was Order Number: 26973899 :blink:

I think I may have missed out when they sent my order through the fraud area to validate my CC

They got back to me to say they couldn't replace the cancelled item with another I've asked them to cancel the whole order and I'll place another order with the XA1 - guess I'll have to use another one of those discount codes :ph34r: Thanks to whoever it was that discovered them, I think a few people around here owe you a few beers! Well done!